Deleted

disc priest haste trinkets

i have a few vp's spare & decided to have a bit of fun & have a look at the volatile talisman of the shadow-pan assault trinket combined with essence of terror (normal).
    they both seem to proc quite nicely & i even had them proc at the same time a couple of times, giving me a peak of 22k haste.
    i dont have any mana issues as i currently run with just over 10k mana, but im wondering if it would be fine to run with both while raiding?
    ive spent half an hour or so on the training dummies to see how it affects my mana & it seems everything is fine.
    525 ilvl btw, if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-08-08 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i have a few vp's spare & decided to have a bit of fun & have a look at the volatile talisman of the shadow-pan assault trinket combined with essence of terror (normal).
    they both seem to proc quite nicely & i even had them proc at the same time a couple of times, giving me a peak of 22k haste.
    i dont have any mana issues as i currently run with just over 10k mana, but im wondering if it would be fine to run with both while raiding?
    ive spent half an hour or so on the training dummies to see how it affects my mana & it seems everything is fine.
    525 ilvl btw, if that makes any difference.
    Either works okay for healing primarily with Atonement. There's just two major problems with using these trinkets for Disc.

Haste Cap
    When healing mainly with Atonement, more than half of your casts will be Smite/Holy Fire. Those spells GCD cap at 50% haste. While I'm sure you're not hitting that amount of raw haste all the time, the fact is, you're probably hitting it dozens of times per fight due to Heroism, Power Infusion and/or Borrowed Time.

The Trigger
    Both of those trinkets trigger off of harmful spell damage. Only Smite, Holy Fire/Solace, SW:P and SW count. Penance (even offensive), Mind Sear and Halo/Cascade/Divine Star are all considered helpful spells, and won't trigger them. Since these trinkets are not RPPM, their time to proc scales with how frequently you cast harmful spells. This means that if you're not going at Atonement 100% when their procs come off ICD, then you're delaying the next proc. This makes them near-valueless if you're only using Atonement enough to get Archangel up, and of reduced value for Atonement play in general.

Don't get me wrong, they can be good trinkets, particularly if you need a little more damage. They're just probably not good with eachother, and they demand a certain playstyle to get the most out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    The Trigger
    Both of those trinkets trigger off of harmful spell damage. Only Smite, Holy Fire/Solace, SW:P and SW count. Penance (even offensive), Mind Sear and Halo/Cascade/Divine Star are all considered helpful spells, and won't trigger them.
    ive been on the target dummies just casting penance & they have both procced, which i thought was interesting.

I don't foresee them doing a whole lot for you unless you line them up with Spirit Shell during constant damage.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2013-08-10 at 03:55 PM.