Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a prepaid cellphone, but I almost never use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Wow unlimited, do you actually use that much? I have 3gb of data/month and I hardly use 500mb upto 1gb at most.
    I've used 2.5 GB before. It depends a bit on a lot of factors. Sometimes when I go running, I'll stream a TV show on Netflix through my phone and just listen to the audio. If it's a show I've seen a million times before, I don't need the video, and can keep myself entertained during the run. I stream podcasts every day any time I'm driving anywhere, so that adds to it too. Netflix streaming can also be useful at the airport or something like that too, where their WiFi hotspots are obnoxious at best, and spotty or nonexistent at worst.

Honestly, the biggest reason I keep the unlimited data plan is because as long as you keep updating the plan, AT&T won't drop the unlimited data aspect, and I don't know if/when my usage needs will increase. If I need to tether my phone to my computer on a business trip sometime, it could come in handy then too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    pay as you go, got some shitty android smartphone, rarely use it apart from some texting.
    dragonmaw - EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Always used to use PAYG, thinking that the financial freedom of no fixed obligations was preferable, but now I have a steady job I prefer the extra features from contract like insane data usage and free calls etc. In the long run it's far cheaper.

So now I have Vodafone Red NL with 3GB data, unlimited calls and texts for 48 euro per month, and my free Samsung Galaxy S3 from my previous Vodafone contract.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Post-paid tab thingy.

They front me $550 for the phone (GS3) and pay off that by 10% of my monthly bill every month ($60-and-a-bit most months)

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    let me tell you something quick about att practice and how stupid they are

Before i lay my eyes on the 840g i saw a refurbish att fusion 2 w/ android for 49.99 as prepaid and i couldn't get it because there system prevent me to just by the phone itself and FORCE me to buy a plans even thought i want to unlocked it so i did the next best thing i call them and guess what more att bull**** so now i know how when gen 1 iphone buyer and they want to jailbreak it fell and how att treat them

ATT YOU STINK !

Never get a fusion....they are the biggest pieces of shit around

I've got one and you can put on a whole 2 apps AFTER is been rooted. Could only put one app before the whole phone locked up before due to all of ATT's bloatware

I can only laugh at people that pay over 100 per month for their phone service. i use virgin mobile i pay 25 a month ( they increased that plan to 35 now ) and the only thing those guys have more on their plans is unlimited minutes or w/e. So I have a pretty nice phone good service 25 a month you pay at least 75 more for the minutes... lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

3 Year contract with Rogers Canada, iPhone 4, unlimited text in Canada, 500mb, 150min $75/month. It's my primary phone as I don't have a land line in my apartment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Never get a fusion....they are the biggest pieces of shit around

I've got one and you can put on a whole 2 apps AFTER is been rooted. Could only put one app before the whole phone locked up before due to all of ATT's bloatware
    Isn't taking an axe to the bloatware one of the primary reasons for rooting?

I know it was for me!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    3 Year contract with Rogers Canada, iPhone 4, unlimited text in Canada, 500mb, 150min $75/month. It's my primary phone as I don't have a land line in my apartment.
    You might want to call them to bitch, because their current $75 plan is unlimited long distance in Canada and unlimited texting, plus 1GB data.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No all android prepaid phone are bad

My problem is the company that sell them like my issues with ATT and how they FORCE me and many other that you must buy this plan in order to get this phone and is the same when TMO back in the day but at the end they are 2 shady company well THEY ARE ALL SHADY !

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing i like about TMO is when you use the browser and search for free like " Weather or ESPN..........etc etc " but i think they took that feature away ?

iPhone 5 family plan contract $400/month. Verizon

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the cheapest prepaid android on tmo i seen so far is the t-mobile concord for $130

but for refurb is $145 because with the discount and they FORCE you to buy a refill + started kits

and you see the price difference

- - - Updated - - -

verizon STINK !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Could probably use a poll of some sort imo.

Straight talk $45/m Why pay over a 100 bucks for the same crap you can less than 50.
    Same here. I may not have all the newest features on my smartphone compared to a contract, but it does exactly what I want and I don't feel like I'm getting screwed over each month for features I may never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Contract. A bit obnoxiously expensive, but Verizon's just so wildly superior to other carriers that I'm OK with just paying their prices.
    That may vary by area. I have ATT and have yet to not have good service anywhere I go, and I travel for work. I'm on contract currently have 5 phones all unlimited data and tons of shared minutes. I thought of going to prepay but when I break down the cost per phone Im paying as much or less then anyone Ive talked to with prepay and they all seem to have less data and minutes dollar for dollar then I do.

prepaid cause never really had many friends to call >_>

Not really prepaid but no contract, I use Ting pretty good price but I guess I don't use much data so don't know if unlimited would be better there.

I think my highest bill was around $35.
    Last edited by Corleggy; 2013-08-11 at 04:28 PM.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Could probably use a poll of some sort imo.

Straight talk $45/m Why pay over a 100 bucks for the same crap you can less than 50.
    This. I pay $48.47 (USD) after tax for Net10. It goes off of AT&T service and works flawlessly on my HTC Windows Phone 8X.

started with Nextel about 9 years ago, went to Sprint when they merged. still with them mainly because they have pretty good customer service from my account anyway. 2 year contract unlimited everything i pay about 80 a month. still rocking out my samsung epic that has held up about 2 years or so now.

I have one of each.

Main phone is a $50 contract with a $0 galaxy 2 and 1.5Gb of data. I'm sure it has various calling and text deals with it but I don't use my phone enough to bother needing to check if i'm reaching the limit if there is one.

Other phone is pre-paid with a 12 month expiry limit. Some oldish sony that's designed to take a beating. I take it to concerts etc because I couldn't care less if it breaks or I lose it.