Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Road To World War 3

We're allegedly headed down a dangerous road. This is a very interesting video outlining a thesis of how World War 3 will start, "if we allow it to":

The first video in summary:

- Bretton Woods agreement. U.S. dollar named reserve currency.
    - Vietnam war happens.
    - U.S. needs money.
    - Nixon realizes this, so he gets Saudi Arabia's King Faisal to sign an agreement that states that they will only sell oil in exchange for U.S. dollar.
    - Petro dollar born.
    - More gulf states join in on this. They get military protection in exchange.
    - Countries across the world now have to trade with the U.S. to acquire said USD and thereby acquire Arab oil.
    - 2003 approaches, Iraq declares it will sell its oil for Euros instead of the USD.
    - U.S. government (the apex of it) realizes that even a few countries dissenting from the USD being the petrodollar could set off a chain reaction that would cause the dollar to collapse.
    - Dollar nears collapse, but instead of realizing this and acquiring a peaceable solution, the U.S. government decides to start a propaganda campaign to invade Iraq.
    - Following Iraq war, Iraq now sells its oil for the U.S. dollar again.
    - Plan laid out for invasion of various other countries in the Middle East/Africa being invaded, as stated by Retired General Wesley Clark on Democracy Now in 2005.
    - Libyan government, headed by Gadaffi, comes up with a plan to change oil currency from the dollar to the hypothetical "dinar."
    - Gadaffi soon deposed by U.S.-backed rebels later on.
    - Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia and Yemen are "next."
    - China/Russia realizes that they will have to submit to the petro-dollar if Iran and Syria fall, or, alternatively, go to war.
    - China/Russia warn the U.S. that this would mean war, NUCLEAR war.
    - U.S. takes a gamble, goes in (right now) on Syria anyway.

And here we are.

As for my opinion:

I actually don't think WW3 will start, but it will be another case of brinkmanship. I think Iran and Syria will both eventually fall, we'll go to some scenario worse than another Cuban Missile Crisis, but Russia/China will eventually be forced to yield, and then the next chapter will begin. Of course, it could all go wrong and nuclear world war 3 could begin, but no one really knows. The author also contradicts himself a lot of times and cognitive dissonance is abundant within both videos, an example being his definition of a war.
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2013-08-28 at 06:36 AM.

....care to give points/edited highlights of the video as to WHY you find them interesting?

You know... the whole point of starting a discussion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ....care to give points/edited highlights of the video as to WHY you find them interesting?

You know... the whole point of starting a discussion?

I'll edit in the points into the OP.

edit: done
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2013-08-28 at 05:59 AM.

So in order to stop World War 3 we need to overthrow the government? Did I just get trolled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolow View Post
    So in order to stop World War 3 we need to overthrow the government? Did I just get trolled?
    I actually don't think WW3 will start, but it will be another case of brinkmanship. I think Iran and Syria will both eventually fall, we'll go to some scenario worse than another Cuban Missile Crisis, but Russia/China will eventually be forced to yield, and then the next chapter will begin. Of course, it could all go wrong and nuclear world war 3 could begin, but no one really knows.

Surmising an absolute reaction to this like "so, we need to overthrow the government?" is idiotic. That's not what I said or the natural response to fixing this. At the very least, it's to elect more responsible people to power.

I stopped watching the 1st video when the narrator said Iran hasn't attacked anybody since 1798. Now THAT is such a load of shit it's a given the rest of the video is going to be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Surmising an absolute reaction to this like "so, we need to overthrow the government?" is idiotic. That's not what I said or the natural response to fixing this. At the very least, it's to elect more responsible people to power.
    According to the video at the end we should revolt. The first step is underway in trying to get more people involved and let the truth be told. The second step is to essentially stop giving money to the government, i.e. paying taxes. How is anyone going to get away with that? And the third part..well..yeah. The video made me face palm at the end. I'm sorry but it's just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    I stopped watching the 1st video when the narrator said Iran hasn't attacked anybody since 1798. Now THAT is such a load of shit it's a given the rest of the video is going to be as well.
    I agree, he does contradict himself a fair bit. He says that the lines between war and peace are blurred due to the nature of covert operations, but then asserts that we're at war anyway since we're partaking in those covert operations. Despite this, he then goes on to assert in a manner inconsistent with his prior logic that Iran has somehow not been at war since 1798 even though it is actively funding its own covert operations throughout the Middle East, and even South America, currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, what in particular about a conspiracy theorist's scaremongering are we supposed to take seriously? His website is choc full of tinfoil nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    - China/Russia warn the U.S. that this would mean war, NUCLEAR war.
    Lol, what? I like how this long detailed list builds up to a single line that is both completely fictional and extremely unrealistic. The United States is the largest consumer of Chinese goods on Earth; how the fuck are people really dumb enough to think we are going to war with China.

Based solely on your summary (since I have no interest in watching conspiracy theory videos) it sounds like some Nostradamus-level bullsh!t.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Russia and China are not allies. Anytime they do side with one another is just to cockblock the US out of the East or to remind the US they have power in the UN too. Of course all 3 countries have shown that they don't care much about the UN except for when they get to exercise their voting power.

2. Russia, China, and the US do not and won't go to war with each other anytime soon. If things get headed you will see proxy wars at best. Its not worth it for any of the 3 to go at war with each other right now for anything. You can launch an offensive on either other the homeland of any of the 3 without taking massive catastrophic casualties of your own and a very likely nuclear exchange as none of the 3 would back down short of a nuclear exchange on their own turf. Also neither of the 3 conduct offensives where the odds aren't heavily in their favor. One of the 3 going against another of the 3 goes against that principle.

3. A Pakistan and India exchange or some sort of large scale scuffle in the Middle East where trouble in one country spills over into others is the mostly precursors to a "WW3" like conflict instead of Russia/China/US doing something to one another. I don't even see an Israel/Iran conflict starting WW3. Sounds weird but both sides in an Israel/Iran conflict would not use WMDs because they rather duke it out like two bare knuckle boxers, not cheap shots. But Pakistan and India have a very tense relationship. Think the Cold War except that the USSR and USA share a longer and close border than just the Bering Sea. Now this is a conflict that the US really wouldn't want to see because a) Nukes b) US has relations with both nations, people supporting both sides would want the US to support their side c) lots and lots of civilian casualties. A war between the two would put a huge dent worlds economy. Radical groups/terrorist organizations/warlords would feed off the conflict cockroaches.

So either Russia/China "submit to the petrodollar" or we nuke the planet?

Sounds dumb.

How has this thread not been nuked from orbit.

By the way, the "Petrodollar" is a fictional construct only espoused by people on the internet. It is not something that actually exists. It's a fringe concept with next to no factual and academic support. A quick university archive search turned up a handful of references to the concept in over a hundred thousand publications going back to 1969.

It's one of those "easy explanations to complex relations" that simpletons online use to make sense of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think China and Russia plan, or want to start World War Next with the U.S. right now or in the foreseeable future. Why would they, when America is well on the way to turning itself into a Third World country? And while I don't think the dollar is the sole factor in U.S. imperialism, I don't think the idea that the broader "oil conflicts" are about the dollar's place as the global reserve currency is unthinkable either.

I doubt we'll see a conventional or nuclear World War in the near future (although chains of events can lead to unexpected escalations - see WWI for an example), but I do think future historians will look back and see the early 21st century as the lead-in to a global conflict, much like the Japanese invasion of Manchuria and the Spanish Civil War led up into WWII. But we're now in the domain of fourth-generation warfare - who knows exactly what the next WW will look like. Heck, we may already be in the middle of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Can you provide a counterexample? I know they've been attacked, invaded, occupied (Iran-Iraq War, WWII, WWI) and suffered from civil unrest, but I'm not aware of Iran attacking any other country in centuries.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Muhahahah, my plans for global world Caliphate are progressing nicely. Akin to Tesla Motors and its inflated stock price. No earnings, no profits, no merits yet worth billions of dollars. It's the future of automobiles among many other things through Tesla's IP. Yes yes, my Caliphate has no "power, influence, or even mention". Yes yes, like Tesla I am the future.

Muhahahaha,

Welcome to my global Caliphate. it's coming, muhahahha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    1. Russia and China are not allies. Anytime they do side with one another is just to cockblock the US out of the East or to remind the US they have power in the UN too. Of course all 3 countries have shown that they don't care much about the UN except for when they get to exercise their voting power.
    The Shanghai Cooperation Organization sure looks like an alliance. You could claim the Japanese aren't U.S. allies because they side with America only because of worries about China and Russia, or because of economic ties, but that wouldn't be true either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    How has this thread not been nuked from orbit.

By the way, the "Petrodollar" is a fictional construct only espoused by people on the internet. It is not something that actually exists. It's a fringe concept with next to no factual and academic support. A quick university archive search turned up a handful of references to the concept in over a hundred thousand publications going back to 1969.

It's one of those "easy explanations to complex relations" that simpletons online use to make sense of the world.
    There's certainly a trend among both left- and right-wingnuts to talk about the petrodollar, but the term goes back to a conference at Georgetown in the mid-70s and has been used in relatively sober publications like The Economist. The relationship between the U.S. dollar and oil has supported the dollar's position as a reserve currency, which has greatly benefited the United States.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

No one actually has the balls to launch a nuke. Not even the US. I don't think the world leaders want to commit suicide just yet.

It will be a very soft attack no need to plane all these dreams and rumors ,,

World War III won't happen till 2760 when the Reptilians side with the Javan Government in exporting Nordic meat to Nebulon 5 and the NAR(New America Republic) tries to stop them.

China and the U.S. are so entwined economically if they ever did start a war with each other it would likely result in the collapse of both countries economies.