Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Aren't most 545+ WW's simming in the 250+ range right now?

I think I'm around 260 atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Mine is currently going. I should be doing all of the testing today.

During test: it seems that my numbers are strong at 520 ilevel. But what will they look like at 550? I wonder.
    We are obviously strong on Council, I was also nearly top on Juggernaut. I was really suprised that I was able to keep up with rogues, although our rogues could just be bad. From my VERY limited testing it didn't seem all that bad. Need to see how we do in the higher iLvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingbull View Post
    so they go to the other extreme?
    makes more logical sense having an Up class than a Op because then you have every other class complaining about you rather than the one base class bitching about it, not to mention monks are the least played class.

the ptr testing isn't over, i like how every thread there's always the same 3 cynical people bitching about every change on mmoc and on the wow forums and on ej and tweeting to gc about it.

people are really adamant about their class to say the least

as gc said:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...52101526978561
    Last edited by jazzyy; 2013-08-14 at 11:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    makes more logical sense having an Up class than a Op because then you have every other class complaining about you rather than the one base class bitching about it, not to mention monks are the least played class.

the ptr testing isn't over, i like how every thread there's always the same 3 cynical people bitching about every change on mmoc and on the wow forums and on ej and tweeting to gc about it.

people are really adamant about their class to say the least

as gc said:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...52101526978561
    We're far from bad on the PTR but we are even further than being a useful progression spec. Still no raid cd and our " healing utility " is a joke. Latest changes on PTR you can kiss that high TeB uptime goodbye.

GC is an idiot, someone that can make that much money and be that ignorant just baffles my mind but shit sign me up.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-08-15 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    GC is an idiot, someone that can make that much money and be that ignorant just baffles my mind but shit sign me up.
    and people wonder why developers tend to be faceless and not interact with the community

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    He's not an idiot, he is there to placate the community and chearlead things, as any good manager type will. It is disappointing that he can't speak competently about monks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyy View Post
    and people wonder why developers tend to be faceless and not interact with the community
    Yet they do interact with the community. They talk about their intentions sometimes, reply to some twitter questions, do interviews etc. Then they nerf some classes and buff others without any explanation whatsoever.

Rogue and WW damage is comparable at the moment. WW's are getting a slight nerf, Rogues are getting buffed, and Rogues have a raid cooldown where WW's have nothing. I'd love to see a blue explain "bring the player not the class" with that comparison.

It's no wonder why people get irate at seemingly stupid and blatantly uninformed decisions made by Blizzard.

PvP is the real problem at the moment here. Consider: how do you buff WW PvE DPS to where it should be?

You can't buff TEB, that destroys PvP because it's a huge buff already to an already decent spec.

You can't buff RSK/TP/Jab/BoK/Tiger Stance/Xuen because it would also buff PvP damage.

So what do you do? What is the one way to buff in PvE but not PvP for Windwalker? Tier set bonuses.

Why can't they buff, and in fact had to nerf the set bonuses? Well, the 2 piece was slightly above where 2 piece should be. The 4 piece was causing dire issues with both haste and its weird rounding mechanic, it simply works better as the new way but is also incredibly weak for a 4 piece. The best design would be to scrap it and come up with a new one.

What new 4 piece bonus would you do though? Resource generation is out, see haste cap issues. Cooldown buffs? No, our only cooldowns are a talent or a ....resource gain. Buff Tigereye Brew? How? We already did the effectiveness increase and increasing generation is now just the Mastery stat. Any purely passive buff (Tiger Strikes increase, buff to normal abilities [shit combo breaker is already being used in the other set bonus]) is incredibly boring, but it might be the only option at this point, however it does kill balance for anyone outside of T16 4-piece.

Deleted
    AoE with SEF + RJW was absolutely crazy last night. Only the firemage could compete with me.. but SEF really need some changes (like removing the GCD) for making it easier to apply on the right targets.

Deleted
    I'm really tired of this PVP shit, everytime it's the same crap of PVP ruining the PVE spec

Because it would be that Hard to seperate the Abilities for PVE/PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    AoE with SEF + RJW was absolutely crazy last night. Only the firemage could compete with me.. but SEF really need some changes (like removing the GCD) for making it easier to apply on the right targets.
    That's what I hear from a lot of monks testing on the PTR. Our cleave is going to be nuts. It will probably be our signature ability for SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

What new 4 piece bonus would you do though?
    I can think of some stuff. RSK leaves a Colossus Smash effect of sorts as well as the standard 20% debuff. A combo breaker version of RSK.

Maybe make RSK cause a combustion styled mechanic for the BoK dot. Takes the current sum of BoK, multiplies it by a factor, and it also explodes onto other targets, granting us some extra cleave at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    I'm really tired of this PVP shit, everytime it's the same crap of PVP ruining the PVE spec

Because it would be that Hard to seperate the Abilities for PVE/PVP
    they can solve it by making abilities work a bit different while in pvp enviroment like arenas and bg - just like they made some trinkets work a bit different in pvp - they clearly have technology if they only wanted - but its easier to just flat nerf , put hands on ears and sing laudly "lalalalalala we not hearing your complains everything is fine lalalalalala" - this is exackly what happened in 5.2 and it took them few months to solve it even thou they were aware of the issue ><

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they can solve it by making abilities work a bit different while in pvp enviroment like arenas and bg - just like they made some trinkets work a bit different in pvp - they clearly have technology if they only wanted - but its easier to just flat nerf , put hands on ears and sing laudly "lalalalalala we not hearing your complains everything is fine lalalalalala" - this is exackly what happened in 5.2 and it took them few months to solve it even thou they were aware of the issue ><
    They already changed Colossus Smash against players. A simple toggle of 20% is affecting the RSK debuff against players.

making a mastery that is competitive with crit increases our scaling potential and would also increase the gap between pvp & pve dps.

I am super scared about heroics this tier if our scaling is as poor as expected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Rogue and WW damage is comparable at the moment. WW's are getting a slight nerf, Rogues are getting buffed, and Rogues have a raid cooldown where WW's have nothing. I'd love to see a blue explain "bring the player not the class" with that comparison.
    WW's have higher burst AoE and Cleave than Assassination Rogues; it's your take if you prefer that over Smokebomb or not.

I rather have higher single target burst on a boss then AOEing adds, and I prob would pick a raid cooldown and let raid take less dmg then doing AOE dps.

Is WW as good on PTR as we are on live in pvp? With the 75% Resi, the 55% buff to BF and other class buffs (mostly damage buffs). Is pvp really something that is stopping them?
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-08-15 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Is WW as good on PTR as we are on live in pvp? With the 75% Resi, the 55% buff to BF and other class buffs (mostly damage buffs). Is pvp really something that is stopping them?
    They're slightly nerfed as far as single target pve

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

Why can't they buff, and in fact had to nerf the set bonuses? Well, the 2 piece was slightly above where 2 piece should be. The 4 piece was causing dire issues with both haste and its weird rounding mechanic, it simply works better as the new way but is also incredibly weak for a 4 piece. The best design would be to scrap it and come up with a new one.
    They can buff our auto attack damage by like 100%. It's kind of a dirty fix but it works. It doesn't impact PvP much and it's a meaningful DPS increase for PvE.