Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    GC being sheepish about those BoA's from Garrosh might as well be a big YES!. If it were a unintended for a bug he would have outright said so.
    Funny that nobody just stop and think that not only the drop chance is probably low (and you will roll against other 9+ players), but it will also made to last more than a few levels and one xpac.

Just like other BoAs go from 1 to 80, 1 to 85, etc.

It would make the raid worth farming for longer, since a new xpac you would just throw away your gear really fast (would it still be worth farming something just for 90-95 when you get weapons from questing/dungeons at each level?).

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Which ones?
    The blacksmith weapons which can be upgraded to a max of 502 :3

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Weapons well beyond 476 are readily available for gold, while 483 Sha-Touched drop at an increased rate in LFR. What purpose do these vendor items serve?
    It's all about options, i remember a thread from GC about this same thing for crafted items in Dragon Soul. How they were kinda useless to make for guildy's. He said something like "They want to give multiple options to get loot, not everyone plays the same way."
    What may seem useless to you or me might seem nice for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    The blacksmith weapons which can be upgraded to a max of 502 :3
    I wouldn't call those "readily available".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    GC being sheepish about those BoA's from Garrosh might as well be a big YES!. If it were a unintended for a bug he would have outright said so.
    Also, Lore retweeted an article about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I wouldn't call those "readily available".
    Exactly, never any on the AH. There's also no bows or daggers. My hunter and rogue alts have been stuck with blues for the past few months so I'll be looking forward to these.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The purpose of those items is for alts that you don't want to spend too much gold on and that you don't want to do LFR on. I can count the amount of times I've done any LFR on any alt on one hand. I'd also never shell out over 20k for a crafted Blacksmith weapon for an alt. They are a tad too expensive though, considering you can get 496s and even 535 items from chests that only take 500 coins. You can open 20 to 40 chests for the amount the weapons sell for, and that's without taking any coins you get from the chests into account.
    you forget that heroic scenario wont have ilvl required in 5.4 so u can get 516 if you lucky couple of minutes after dinging

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    Anyone know how long on average it could take to farm 100,000 coins? xD
    month with casual farming
    week with medium farming
    1-couple of days with hardcore farming

the farming itself isnt hard it just depend on what event you lucky to have when you farm
    the elite boss pirate ship with 130m hp give around 2k coins
    other events give around 500-1500
    while normal elite mobs give around 50
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by briktal View Post
    Also, Lore retweeted an article about them.
    Source of article?

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Weapons well beyond 476 are readily available for gold, while 483 Sha-Touched drop at an increased rate in LFR. What purpose do these vendor items serve?
    SOMETIMES available(not "readily", I only see them listed at all on a sporadic basis) for 15-20k gold. I don't have that much on all my toons combined(not even close, in fact), and I fucking DESPISE raiding with a passion, so I won't touch LFR with a 20 foot pole. Soooo...I certainly don't mind having a way to get a better weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by wowtoast View Post
    Exactly, never any on the AH. There's also no bows or daggers. My hunter and rogue alts have been stuck with blues for the past few months so I'll be looking forward to these.
    Ive put some on the AH but the people on my server are cheap So I just make it for my alts :3

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    Anyone know how long on average it could take to farm 100,000 coins? xD
    Based on the coin rate on the PTR, I'd say a one to two weeks of moderate coin grinding (if that).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowtoast View Post
    My priest is cursed with a low item level offhand

Quote Originally Posted by Suwide View Post
    Yeah right, "heroic" raids are too easy. Hilarious, especially considering this tier has two of the hardest encounters to date. Saying that, especially in this tier, just shows what a troll you are. Nobody who has 13/13 HC in ToT will say it was "too easy", only the kiddies not able to join a raid other then LFR.

Seriously, Bosses in Vanilla and BC were hard because we didn't have all the addons and gear played a way bigger role(not saying it was worse or better). Today the mechanics IMO are way more complicated and there are tons and not only 2 or 3 per encounter. Thinking about Dark Animus and LeiShen HC alone those fights are awesome and hard as hell, so much stuff to watch out for, so much responsibility for each raider and not only a hand full.
    Sorry, but there is nothing awesome about the Dark Animus encounter

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Deleted
    why do they do that... make trinkets that are for example for strength classes and put the proc as haste that only some of the classes find useful, a trinket available out of raids should really either be main stat or attack power proc or even your highest secondary stat rather than making them partially useless to most raiders but amazing for some. Oh well at least i can get the coins for the serpent i guess thats a positive since i don't want that trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You are crazy. The only reason it would have been harder back then, is because of bugs, lesser skilled players, and less guides on the internet. Addons may play some role as well.
    And some raid encounters in Vanilla and TBC were unforgivingly overtuned a for considerable amount of time to begin with, C'thun and Mu'ru being the most prominent examples. There's "challenging" and then there's "deliberately impossible."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfury View Post
    Sorry, but there is nothing awesome about the Dark Animus encounter
    That's just like, your opinion, man...

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I love the cost of these things....20,000, 10,000....seriously makes it seem so stupid...wouldn't be just as easy to make it 20 or 10? Nah, let's just have high numbers to make it look cool....how dumb.

Wow a new mount we have never seen before! The innovation just keeps getting better!

I love the cost of these things....20,000, 10,000....seriously makes it seem so stupid...wouldn't be just as easy to make it 20 or 10? Nah, let's just have high numbers to make it look cool....how dumb.
    Guessing you do not understand the concept of "keeping them playing".

Thing costs 10 coins you earn it in 20 min, then moan about nothing to do.

Thing costs 10000 coins you continue to grind for it thus keeping you logging in and entertained(in a fashion).

It also make the item its self more rewarding.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    See: Skyshards. That's the other end of the spectrum. You either gradually but definitely make progress, or sporadically make progress based on tiny % chances. I know I prefer the 100,000 coins option.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Guessing you do not understand the concept of "keeping them playing".

Thing costs 10 coins you earn it in 20 min, then moan about nothing to do.

Thing costs 10000 coins you continue to grind for it thus keeping you logging in and entertained(in a fashion).

It also make the item its self more rewarding.
    Or just make them a little more difficult to obtain, relative to the time it takes to accumulate 10,000.

Though, in todays world of "i'm entitled to get something out of everything" i guess they have to put coins on every source available to getting them.