Deleted

Iron qon HC as a holy paladin

I normally run at around 11-12k spirit and 43% mastery buffed. This provides really nice output and works for all of normal and the 2 HC bosses i've done so far. But for iron qon i'm thinking of gemming a lot more spirit, almost full spirit and dropping a lot of the mastery i currently have to ensure that i never go oom which was a bit of a problem in the last phase last time we were on the boss. What i'm asking is as a holy pally, how much spirit/mastery did you have on progression? and do you think gemming more spirit and dropping mastery would be a good idea for this encounter? Add any additional tips you have for the fight, Thanks

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...on/cmtjeepers/

I believe there isn't such a thing as too much spirit especially during progression. Some people will be under the mindset of if your at 30% mana at the end of the fight your doing it wrong. The fact of the matter is that healing during progression can be unpredictable as people learn fights, and going oom doesn't help anyone. During progression I went for as much spirit I could get, while still going for static int trinkets and ALL socket bonuses. When not in progression I still believe thats what works best for me.

As for Iron Qon, try to pop aura mastery for wind storm and I recommend using holy prism for that fight since the first phase is the hardest part of the fight. Holy prism gives nice burst healing to the people stacking and soaking the fire explosion. If you get into the last phase with everyone alive and stacked without the lightning debuff it will probably be a kill.

IQ is one of the most mana intensive fights this tier. You want a lot of spirit for it. There's no way I could do 11k even now with it on farm.

From a 25m perspective this is a great fight for LH but 10m might be different. Take Clemency and Glyph Divine Protection since the fist smash is physical. You can also bop yourself or someone else in the last phase. Remember to bubble at least one of the fist smashes. The first one is good since usually the raid is still spread out from the debuff. Hand of Freedom works on the frost debuff also so be sure to help out with that.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    Thanks for the input Venism! I think i'll be going a lot more spirit from now on! I've actually got a few more questions about holy pally i would like to ask as you seem like an awesome player.

1, Holy avenger vs Divine purpose? I choose HA always because i much prefer a cooldown to random procs but are there any fights or situations divine purpose is better?
    2, Why so much spirit? A lot of holy pallys go for yellow mastery gem everything but i want to know why you choose to gem a lot more spirit? Also the advantages and disadvantages of it and how gemming full mastery would change your playstyle?
    3, Finally, light's hammer vs holy prism in 10 mans, i always use holy prism apart from meg but i would like to know which talent you choose and when?

If you could answer these it would be awesome, Thanks a lot.

I'm not Venism but I'll poke my head in. First of all what Lucy said is right, you will oom on progression for IQ by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by cmtjeepers View Post
    1, Holy avenger vs Divine purpose? I choose HA always because i much prefer a cooldown to random procs but are there any fights or situations divine purpose is better?
    HA almost all of the time. You can pick and choose when you like Divine Purpose better. Personally I would go with the latter if there's no real good cooldown moments and just standard constant damage all the time.

3, Finally, light's hammer vs holy prism in 10 mans, i always use holy prism apart from meg but i would like to know which talent you choose and when?
    99.9% of the time, Prism in 10m. 99.0% of the time Prism in 25m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input Venism! I think i'll be going a lot more spirit from now on! I've actually got a few more questions about holy pally i would like to ask as you seem like an awesome player.

2, Why so much spirit? A lot of holy pallys go for yellow mastery gem everything but i want to know why you choose to gem a lot more spirit? Also the advantages and disadvantages of it and how gemming full mastery would change your playstyle?

If you could answer these it would be awesome, Thanks a lot.
    I can't answer for him, but here's my thoughts:

1) HA you have a lot more control over when you get the 3HP. I exclusively use HA now.
    2) On progression, more spirit simply lets you learn the fight without going OOM so quickly. Once you know where your cooldowns will fit and how the fight generally goes, your mana usage becomes better. Your playstyle doesn't change, though.
    3) I use holy prism on 10H Iron Qon. Light's Hammer is better for the Fist Smash part, but the 1m CD is a bit long for my tastes on that phase and HP will hit people that need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    1) HA you have a lot more control over when you get the 3HP. I exclusively use HA now.
    2) On progression, more spirit simply lets you learn the fight without going OOM so quickly. Once you know where your cooldowns will fit and how the fight generally goes, your mana usage becomes better. Your playstyle doesn't change, though.
    3) I use holy prism on 10H Iron Qon. Light's Hammer is better for the Fist Smash part, but the 1m CD is a bit long for my tastes on that phase and HP will hit people that need it.
    What he said. I've tried using Divine purpose a few times and I just can't. Holy Avenger paired with wings and divine favor can be more powerful than a tranq in a 10m. I would only recommend Divine purpose on fights like Garalon or Will of the emperor. Even then holy avenger is still probably better. I feel that Holy Avenger is currently our most powerful CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I normally run at around 11-12k spirit and 43% mastery buffed. This provides really nice output and works for all of normal and the 2 HC bosses i've done so far. But for iron qon i'm thinking of gemming a lot more spirit, almost full spirit and dropping a lot of the mastery i currently have to ensure that i never go oom which was a bit of a problem in the last phase last time we were on the boss. What i'm asking is as a holy pally, how much spirit/mastery did you have on progression? and do you think gemming more spirit and dropping mastery would be a good idea for this encounter? Add any additional tips you have for the fight, Thanks

I have messed with a lot of different builds throughout theorycrafting. I currently run 17.3k spirit. Top tier Paladins have similar and more. I gem for spirit not mastery.
    • I choose HA over DP because of the proc rate. Any day, hands down.
    • Some paladins do go for the mastery but it's also dependent on 10M vs 25M. It's your play-style but you're talking about Iron Qon. It's a long fight.
    • Holy Prism is a smart heal and a it's a lower CD. Light's Hammer is not but it's a nice burst. I used Holy Prism because Light's hammer, you will not get the full potential depending how many melee you use for the first few phases.
    • Side note: Aura Mastery is not the best CD ever so watch how you manage your CDs. We use my HA as a raid CD because of the amount of spirit I have I can go nuts with it.

If you've got more questions, message me or hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    What he said. I've tried using Divine purpose a few times and I just can't. Holy Avenger paired with wings and divine favor can be more powerful than a tranq in a 10m. I would only recommend Divine purpose on fights like Garalon or Will of the emperor. Even then holy avenger is still probably better. I feel that Holy Avenger is currently our most powerful CD.
    Absolutely correct. DP doesn't out-weight what HA presents unless you're god given lucky on procs.
    Last edited by Jazzster; 2013-08-10 at 07:06 AM.

I run about 13k combat for HIQ. By the time I need mana, its pretty safe for me to stand in melee in for SoI or even take a breather while I use a potion of focus. I wouldn't recommend dropping mastery for spirit, the trade off just isn't equal, especially when you have the opportunity to melee. (Thats my personal preference though) If you are having mana issues, try swapping to spirit flask/food first.

I prefer using HA because of the control, if you time it right you can get full EFs on most of the raid right before windstorm, then AM the storm. I also prefer to use LH, mostly because our group works it into our fist smash cd rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    I wouldn't recommend dropping mastery for spirit, the trade off just isn't equal, especially when you have the opportunity to melee. (Thats my personal preference though) If you are having mana issues, try swapping to spirit flask/food first.
    Just no. You're much better off trading mastery for the same amount of spirit rather than trading int for the same amount of spirit. If you feel like you need mana, regem a bit from mastery -> spirit.

When i progressed on the fight i was gemmed full spirit with int flask and food, not sure of the exact value i had though, sorry. Edit: probably around 14-14,5k

Go HA and holy prism, id go unbreakable spirit for 2x LoH, that gives you an extra 10% mana too.
    Try to snuck in a potion of focus between fist smashes for max mana reg from pots.
    For glyphs i'd recommend beacon of light, divinity and protector of the innocent/divine protection. Beacon of light glyph is quite handy to heal extra people in the raid with in the last phase during smashes since tank damage isnt much of a problem really.

For farm however my stats are quite different. I 2 heal it with a disc priest. I go with about 12k spirit and 50% mastery buffed without any problems

Hope any of this helped!
    Last edited by Linnea; 2013-08-12 at 01:15 PM.