Ebola Cleave 5.4? Or Feral/Disc/X

Hi all,

We are looking to run Ebola Cleave (feral/UH DK/disc) for this rest of this season and probably into the next.

Havent kept up with the patch notes for 5.4 and was wondering if this will be any good come 5.4?

The DK is very new with Unholy (been unholy for 2days and still learning) is frost viable at all?

We could look to swap out the DK for a lock or possibly a rogue depending if the comp will actually work.

Any ideas or help would be a great help.

Cheers
    Last edited by Tailstrike; 2013-08-09 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailstrike View Post
    Hi all,

We are looking to run Ebola Cleave (feral/UH DK/disc) for this rest of this season and probably into the next.

Havent kept up with the patch notes for 5.4 and was wondering if this will be any good come 5.4?

We could look to swap out the DK for a lock or possibly a rogue depending if the comp will actually work.

Cheers
    Why not just take your team over to PTR and see? The arena queues are very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailstrike View Post
    Hi all,

The DK is very new with Unholy (been unholy for 2days and still learning) is frost viable at all?

Cheers
    I think you're better off dropping the DK for a Hunter in 5.4. While BM got nerfs MM is looking to be beastly and they have much better CC than a DK. You want to make up for the Feral losing treant stun & instant cyclones by having a CC heavy class. If you're intent on sticking with Ebola go Unholy because Frost is garbage.

Affliction Locks are actually going to be excellent in 5.4, though you're better off going LSD instead of having the druid be feral. Rogues have some improvements and Stealth Cleave could work, but remember that you're at a disadvantage without having one ranged class.

Imo go Jungle Cleave or FMP.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you need to find a good hunter. alot rerolled over the last couple patches and are awful. i have played over a dozen junglecleaves and thugcleaves. i think fmp, i hate playing with hunters. i would much rather heal a mage getting trained than a hunter getting trained.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Sorry that this is kind of off topic, but I really want to know this. Who the hell comes up with names like Ebola Cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Sorry that this is kind of off topic, but I really want to know this. Who the hell comes up with names like Ebola Cleave?
    You totally beat me to it (Nice Nelo Angelo btw)

Why the hell are comps named so freaking weird? I remember seeing something like Tacoicecream cleave or some shit.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Ebola is a type of virus that causes extreme hemorrhaging. Bleeds + disease = Feral + DK. Ebola cleave.

if you want to know the origins of all of them, its mostly just arena team names, arena junkies, and popular streams.

The overall damage between frost and unh is similar, but unh is better because of slightly better survivability, pet stuns and most importantly, the ability to stack necrotics.
    Even with small feral nerfs, I still think theyll be a viable arena spec come 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    The overall damage between frost and unh is similar, but unh is better because of slightly better survivability, pet stuns and most importantly, the ability to stack necrotics.
    Even with small feral nerfs, I still think theyll be a viable arena spec come 5.4.
    Frost damage is nowhere near comparable to unholy pressure. Unholy dots tick for a lot more, Gargoyle does insane pressure if left alone, enraged pet does quite a bit as well, and unholy death coils do more damage than frost Howling blast, allowing for more ranged pressure along with much more melee pressure with necrotics. Plus, unholy has a permanent Pillar of Frost baked into passive effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Frost damage is nowhere near comparable to unholy pressure. Unholy dots tick for a lot more, Gargoyle does insane pressure if left alone, enraged pet does quite a bit as well, and unholy death coils do more damage than frost Howling blast, allowing for more ranged pressure along with much more melee pressure with necrotics. Plus, unholy has a permanent Pillar of Frost baked into passive effects.
    You're comparing damage to pressure. I was just saying the overall damage is compareable, but unholy is more effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ebola is a type of virus that causes extreme hemorrhaging. Bleeds + disease = Feral + DK. Ebola cleave.
    That... is genius! hahahaha

You're comparing damage to pressure. I was just saying the overall damage is compareable, but unholy is more effective.
    When it comes to DK's, most of their pressure IS damage, but unholy's damage is "different", in the sense that it is much less reliant on having uptime on your target, and also that when you do, it not only does damage but does "effective" damage in that it prevents future healing. But yes, I agree on damage is close to the same, but that's assuming you have a considerable amount of uptime on your target, but with the amount of hunters / mages / warlocks running around it's pretty difficult with all the webs / novas / fears / gateways etc

Deleted
    small feral nerfs? its not that im saying they didnt need to nerf the istant cyclone but small feral nerfs? and no ferals will not be viable at all at least in 3v3 the only thing that you will have to do is to train the feral yes he have a trizilion cds but the only way for him to presure a team is clone and we can agree that it will be almost impossible to clone if you are geting train as a melee class

Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    small feral nerfs? its not that im saying they didnt need to nerf the istant cyclone but small feral nerfs? and no ferals will not be viable at all at least in 3v3 the only thing that you will have to do is to train the feral yes he have a trizilion cds but the only way for him to presure a team is clone and we can agree that it will be almost impossible to clone if you are geting train as a melee class
    ferals will still be the best melee in the game, cyclone or not. their damage and offhealing is absolutely insane already and it will continue to scale as gear gets better. plus you guys have treant stun, bash, cyclone, typhoon to stop casting .. its so much cc that synergizes so incredibly well with a hunter or a priest. for survival you have 50% shield wall, 20% barkskin, -and- heart of the wild. -and- cenarion ward or renewal in 5.4. do you know what shamans have? shamanistic rage. do you know what dks have vs melee? 20% ibf on a 3 min cd, whereas your 20% dmg reduction is on a 1min cd.

stop. they will still be extremely viable and probably still the best melee.

I don't know, Enh may compete with feral as best melee next patch.

ferals will still be the best melee in the game, cyclone or not. their damage and offhealing is absolutely insane already and it will continue to scale as gear gets better. plus you guys have treant stun, bash, cyclone, typhoon to stop casting .. its so much cc that synergizes so incredibly well with a hunter or a priest. for survival you have 50% shield wall, 20% barkskin, -and- heart of the wild. -and- cenarion ward or renewal in 5.4. do you know what shamans have? shamanistic rage. do you know what dks have vs melee? 20% ibf on a 3 min cd, whereas your 20% dmg reduction is on a 1min cd.

stop. they will still be extremely viable and probably still the best melee.
    Actually treant stun is no longer around in 5.4 as it was one of the major offenders in what made Feral too strong. Renewal is pointless given the other two abilities. It's only taken as a gimmicky heal (which is huge though) in conjunction with MoU (glyphed).

While I agree feral will be the best melee, you didn't mention Cap stun as general CC and windshear for Shaman being able to stop casting at 30 yards. They also have Frozen Power or Earthbind for melee and Nature's Guardian in general. There's also UE + Rockbiter if you take that talent. Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Healing Tide going to be baseline for all Shaman now? Don't forget SWG + Healing.

DK's have IBF yes, but they also can sit in Blood Pres & use Conversion for some considerable survivability. They also have some excellent utility in grip, dark sim, ghoul stun, not mentioning the other stuff.

The gap between feral and other melee is going to be minor in 5.4. Since DK's were a close second they'll be strong contenders and so will rogues if their buffs remain.

Just replace the dk with an affli lock, affliction should be very good in 5.4. And ranged DD > melee dd in general. Besides you allready got a feral in the team, he is the best melee in the arena.

Also i think the survivability cds of the lock are > blood pres and survibility of the uh dk ams got nerfed in mop, its not super green hulk bubble anymore, but most importantly you got a spamable cc and a pet that can cc too.

I played lock, feral and dks for a long time in arenas and this is my final judgement. If arena with a dk i would only go with a hunter and keep the dk out of the arena, cause simply put, the lock and feral have far more combs that work.