Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why ban Caitlyn?

Hey dudes,

Was just wondering: Why is Caitlyn banned all the time?

Deleted
    She is?

Where?

Deleted
    In draft games, people seem to ban her a fuckton.

I usually play supp with a friend (he plays Cait) and he gets Cait banned a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the AD Carry banning champions and they want to play Vayne?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Hey dudes,

Was just wondering: Why is Caitlyn banned all the time?
    Because people don't like playing against her?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    In draft games, people seem to ban her a fuckton.

I usually play supp with a friend (he plays Cait) and he gets Cait banned a lot.
    I rarely see her banned, if at all.

But pretty much what Duiliath said.

She's a big lane-bully and some people find her hard to deal with. Very much understandable.

Deleted
    I rarely see her banned too, but if you do, then it probably has something to do with her being the most popular champion in ranked right now (I'm not making up stats, checked it a lolking ^^). There's a lot of champions that I'd prefer to ban over Cait but then again, she can indeed be hard to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    the other adc or supp is likely calling for a ban on cait because they

1. don't want to play her
    2. don't want to play against her
    3. picking a shorter range champ that can get bullied easily by a good cait (any other adc basically, someone already mentioned vayne which is the best example)

she's so safe in lane and can even poke under turret with her range so the other adc likely just wants an easier time of things

10+ Year Old Account
    You can according to the champs you want to pick. If Caitlyn can counter those champs in lane then you ban her. Caitlyn can farm dominate a lane if you don't pick her so its better to just ban her.

Deleted
    I usually ban champions that I don't want to lane against because I can't or am afraid to, if Caitlyn is one of those, I'll most likely ban her. I really don't know, I would need more information than what I just said to actually ban her. Haha

Unless she's a very VERY good caitlyn, she's easy to predict. In fact I wouldn't be so much afraid of their caitlyn as much as their support. The support for the caitlyn will setup the kills more often than the caitlyn will. Even if she does harass like I said if your paying attention and can predict her q, its not an issue. Even with a short ranged adc. Regardless though if she gets ahead in gold by any means into the mid/late game, she will destroy your team if given the chance.

In my opinion, not ban worthy at the moment. So many other general champs to worry about than a measly caitlyn.

Deleted
    I only saw Caitlyn banned when our first pick wanted to play Vayne, so Dulliath seems to be right. Vayne has a really hard laning phase against Caitlyn, which is bad for a champion that isn't all that strong in lane anyways (at least pre-6). So if the first pick wants to play Vayne and bans according to his own wishs (there are first picks that ask the team for bans, but that's not that common), you could see a Caitlyn ban. Otherwise, I don't really see a Caitlyn ban justified too much, even though many ADCs have troubles laning against her (as she is one of the few, if not only, remaining ADC Lane Bullies).

Deleted
    Never seen caitlyn banned. And if she would get banned because someone wants vayne whats stopping you from picking kog'maw and shutting vayne down even harder than cait could ever do. On a side not, if they pick early cait just grab kog and go to town on her.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    well sometimes i get crazy and ban all adcs all sups etc so if im doing that then yes ill ban cait

Like others have said, Caitlyn is not really ban worthy. Her poke is annoying in lane, yes, but she gets outclassed quite hard by most other ADCs. Not to mention you can pick Twitch or Varus and just out trade her any time she tries to fight you.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    I guess if I was playing a short range ADC who gets bullied by Caitlyn and knew I was going to have a passive support I might ban her, but meh.. so many scarier things. I'd rather take Vayne out of end game than Caitlyn out of laning phase, if an ADC had to be eliminated.

Sometimes you see strange bans if the enemy team doesn't have many champs though, today I played a ranked and everyone was yelling at me to ban Thresh and I kept saying, NO ONE ON THEIR TEAM HAS THRESH, and I still got yelled at.. but I couldn't ban him.. I couldn't ban Elise either, because I guess, no one on their team had Elise. Was very strange but I guess sometimes that happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Never seen caitlyn banned. And if she would get banned because someone wants vayne whats stopping you from picking kog'maw and shutting vayne down even harder than cait could ever do. On a side not, if they pick early cait just grab kog and go to town on her.
    People have forgotten about Kog'Maw. That's why. Even so, Vayne can take a crap on Kog'Maw pretty easily once the game goes on and he doesn't stomp on Vayne like Cait would if you know how to bully her.

I love how in threads like these, everyone just repeats what the poster before them stated, but then in slightly different wording.

Deleted
    She's like the least banned, most popular ADC at the moment pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    She's like the least banned, most popular ADC at the moment pretty much.
    I was just looking at the ban rates out of curiousity (of course this covers all ranks though)

Vayne - 56.8%
    Draven - 5.54%
    Caitlyn - 2.2%
    Twitch - 1.41%
    Ezreal - 0.81%
    Quinn - 0.28%
    Trist - 0.24%

The others are all pretty negligible. So yeah, people still don't like Vayne, but all the other ADCs have a pretty low ban rate.