Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Just curious, but who has legal ownership of the land that the settlements are going to be built on.
    And who decides who gets legal ownership? the British? the americans? who the hell do you guys think you are!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is what the international community gets when they try to set up nations. Bit right back in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no Palestine.
    Yes there is, it wasn't a sovereign nation at the time, but that is irrelevant and it has been declared occupied territory.

Under the Geneva Convention, countries can't build on occupied territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So all the Palestinians who previously lived in the nation of Palestine, and their current descendants who are asking for equality and receiving international recognition (approved by the U.N. as an "Observer State"), are a shared hallucination by everyone?

Might makes right, got it.
    From my understanding Zionists were buying much of the land that was later declared as Israel long before 1949.

Also, if the U.N. is the end all be all of international law, Israel was established by U.N. Decree in 1949, how would they be violating the law by building on land granted to them by the U.N.?

U.N. can't have its cake and eat it too.

Makes sense.

in 1967 Egypt, Syria, and Jordan bet that they could beat Israel in a war. They lost. Now Israel is building on the lands in won in a defensive conflict. Good for them.
    dude. the land in question is a central issue in the peace talks upcoming, and israel knows this. this is a dick move, and suggestive that they are going into these talks in bad faith. while you might be all pro-israel here, peace would do more for them than some extra settlements
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I...don't even understand things in the Mideast anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Now now, don't confuse the poor guy with all that stuff. I wonder who the Israelis are going to meet with next week though.
    Sounds like you are the one deeply confused. It okay though, ill forgive you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I...don't even understand things in the Mideast anymore.
    and it used to be a grand place for learning and experiments In the name of science too

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Yes there is, it wasn't a sovereign nation at the time, but that is irrelevant and it has been declared occupied territory.

?

So Israel was created by U.N. Decree in 1949 as a nation....but its occupied territory? Sounds like the only people occupying land illegally are the people currently living there.

Damn squatters.

Deleted
    From my understanding Zionists were buying much of the land that was later declared as Israel long before 1949.
    Gollum said its a gift.
    Well i dont want to compare that but hell i cant miss that opportunity.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...ys-peace-talks

(Feel free to look for different sources, I picked the first one after hearing it on tv)

So how about that. 3 days before peace talks the already fragile balance takes a big hit from this announcement.

What do you guys think?
    And yet no-one bats an eyelash about how Israel has been under constant rocket and terrorist attacks for the last 20 years. No, no, those palestinians are all blameless victims! Let's blame everything on Israel, who've tried to negotiate peace 3 times before and all of those times been ignored or refused! Yes, them evil Israeli's. How dare they BUILD things while the islamists and palestinians just want to murder more women and children! Oh the humanity! Stop BUILDING stuff Israel!

For those of you who don't understand sarcasm, that was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    dude. the land in question is a central issue in the peace talks upcoming, and israel knows this. this is a dick move, and suggestive that they are going into these talks in bad faith. while you might be all pro-israel here, peace would do more for them than some extra settlements
    They have peace though....are they actively at war with another Nation?

Do you really think that words on a piece of paper are going to keep hardline Hamas leaders and Anti-Israelis from launching mortars into cities?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Gollum said its a gift.
    Well i dont want to compare that but hell i cant miss that opportunity.
    Lol, tis okay I am enjoying myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And yet no-one bats an eyelash about how Israel has been under constant rocket and terrorist attacks for the last 20 years. No, no, those palestinians are all blameless victims! Let's blame everything on Israel, who've tried to negotiate peace 3 times before and all of those times been ignored or refused! Yes, them evil Israeli's. How dare they BUILD things while the islamists and palestinians just want to murder more women and children! Oh the humanity! Stop BUILDING stuff Israel!

If an Atomic Power with 2nd strike capeabillitys complains about rockets thats no sign of strength.

That would be the comparsion of a somali motorboat versus an american frigatte.

Especially since the Hamas lead gov't in the Gaza strip has done so much to maintain infrastructure and provide basic services for its own "people"

NM the fact that the Israelis have been providing the "Palestinians" with free water and power for years.

Deleted
    You compare bazooka and camicaze attacks (basically unorganised guerillas mostly) against carpet bombing from f-16 and precision strikes? and annexing land by building on it? Let alone all the everyday griefing they get when needing to cross checkpoints to go to their jobs, they treat them like animals, bunch of hypocrites they are, the only reason they re still standing is their strong lobby in the USA.

As far as i m concerned, with all the shit israel has pulled in that area, the retaliation from Palestinias has been MINIMAL in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    If an Atomic Power with 2nd strike capeabillitys complains about rockets thats no sign of strength.

That would be the comparsion of a somali motorboat versus an american frigatte.
    Pretty callous way to view the civilians killed by Paleo-terrorists.

A "rocket" (more like a warhammer 40k orc built contraption) still kills people regardless of what kind of rocket it is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Declared occupied territory by the UN, after the UN gave them the land.

The Genevawhatnow? As if anyone cares. Really, the UN says this and that and wants this and that, but no-one bloody cares not even the countries of the UN. It's a farse, a joke, a facade. The US, the largest contributor to the UN openly ignores such conventions.

What's the UN gonna do, write an angry letter like the usually do? The UN has no power what so bloody ever. They are impotent to act about anything and it's only a facade for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstance View Post
    You compare bazooka and camicaze attacks (basically unorganised guerillas mostly) against carpet bombing from f-16 and precision strikes? and annexing land by building on it? Let alone all the everyday griefing they get when needing to cross checkpoints to go to their jobs, they treat them like animals, bunch of hypocrites they are, the only reason they re still standing is their strong lobby in the USA.
    Well they could always find jobs in Jordan, or Syria, or Egypt...Or not try to smuggle weapons into the region, which brings the need for intensive searches to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    ?

So Israel was created by U.N. Decree in 1949 as a nation....but its occupied territory? Sounds like the only people occupying land illegally are the people currently living there.

Damn squatters.
    I think you're mixing up your timelines.

Israel wasn't granted the West Bank or Gaza in 1949, it was occupied in 1967 from Jordan and Egypt respectively, who themselves were occupiers.

Declared occupied territory by the UN, after the UN gave them the land.

The Genevawhatnow? As if anyone cares. Really, the UN says this and that and wants this and that, but no-one bloody cares not even the countries of the UN. It's a farse, a joke, a facade. The US, the largest contributor to the UN openly ignores such conventions.

What's the UN gonna do, write an angry letter like the usually do? The UN has no power what so bloody ever. They are impotent to act about anything and it's only a facade for the public.
    They could get a angry Hans Blix to wave a old liverspotted fist.