Unusual trinket question (I think)

Hey there

So I recently just started gearing my rogue up. I've been running valor trinket + Tyrannical Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest (1515 PvP Power + 4065 Agi proc) in raids, and I picked up Gaze of the Twins instead of letting it go to disenchant.

So my question is: Is a str trinket w/ crit proc worth using over a useless stat w/ agility proc?

No. Agility gives crit and attack power, strength gives nothing. For crit to outweigh agility it would have to be somewhere between 3 and 5x as much crit as agility.

So even despite the pvp power, the tyrannical trinket is better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    No. Agility gives crit and attack power, strength gives nothing. For crit to outweigh agility it would have to be somewhere between 3 and 5x as much crit as agility.
    Actually for a 540ish rogue I'm showing the Gaze's passive 1.00(Strength)AP and crit proc to overtake the agility proc with no base value at all in shadowcraft by around 450 DPS. Next to nothing isn't quite nothing - see the strength amp trinket for 5.4 before it was nerfed :P

Korza - load your rogue into Shadowcraft to check for yourself, specifically, especially since I'm not sure that'll hold for lower gear levels. You'll need to search for the trinket to find it reasonably.

All of that said... a ghost iron dragonling (crafted, cheap, ilevel 450) is probably better (as are a number of other blues).

Yeah, one of our bis trinkets in 5.4 was/(is?) a str one (not because of the str tho), quite silly. Also don't forget that 1str = 1ap so even tho it might not be that significant it still gives something.