Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The article clearly stated that studies on foster care are hard to come by. By any reasonable measure, this is a big fat announcement that anything they say on the subject is more opinion than fact. They then couch their bet by saying "may be" a red flag that translates into "we're guessing here" followed with "up to" which translates further into "we have no data with any usable range at all", THEN say "10 times".

So they're pretty much saying: "We've got no data, so we're taking a guess here, using some numbers we really just made up that are big and sound scary, but ya know, we're just guessing so...BE AFRAID!"

There's no statistical evidence here at all. You want to fix foster homes? Make CPS screen people better, punish violators harder.
    I'm not using the article, there are several studies dating back to the 80s on this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And think about that for a moment don't you find that stupid.

No one should be protected from being sued if they did someone worth being sued over.
    I agree, but that really doesn't mean shit when the federal government says "NO". Nothing you or I can do about it.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

What? CPS failed? Foster care is often horrible?

I thought this was supposed to be a news story.

Another heartbreaking story that helps me lose more faith in humanity

I hope the bitch gets fried and the guy sues the shit out of them for incompetence and i also hope heads will roll at the CPS over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's pretty hilarious that you don't think whittling down the "legitimate" reasons for which CPS can confiscate your kids won't have an at least marginal effect.
    I suppose if special ed teachers were killing students, your solution would be to lower the IQ threshhold so less students are sent there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    I'm not using the article, there are several studies dating back to the 80s on this.
    Would you like to share them?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This child died because the government wants to act like a fucken 4 year old and tell people what they can and can't smoke/drink/eat ect.....

This child died because of the piss poor setup CPS has been running for years.
    Pretty much sums up the whole thing doesn't it...
    The government took the child off him since he was a bad parent for smoking weed (when he wasn't in front of his child).
    The CPS are brain dead morons and need to reform and start fresh; if that's too much to ask, or impossible since too many children need foster homes... Then maybe they should stop taking children away from responsible safe homes because of one blemish...