Thread: Rezzing Halaa

Rezzing Halaa

Halaa is and always has been my favorite pvp spot.
    The fact that it's always open, in a cool environment with appropriate rez spots, decent objective, and the capability for potientially good rewards from [Halaa Battle Token]'s. (They would need to update Halaa rewards, mounts, etc)
    Sure there's the risk of people kill trading, but if they make an example of some of the exploiters early, I think it will prevent it to a large extent.
    Some of the most epic battles Ive had in Wpvp has been here and Id love to see it come back.
    Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    It'll always be there. It never left so it can't come back because it's still there. Would rather have them make a Halaa 2.0 instead of more wintergrasp Tol Barad type stuff.

Deleted
    Don't really see the point in "rezzing" Halaa as it's outdated, it would make much more sense to make a new "Halaa" in the next expansion. I did like the idea of Halaa being open at all times, a pretty much never ending battle. Something I hated about Halaa however is that it was meant to promote world PvP, yet you could still fly there. If they make a new version of it somewhere, I would like for it to be in an area like Isle of Thunder where you can't fly off.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It'll always be there. It never left so it can't come back because it's still there. Would rather have them make a Halaa 2.0 instead of more wintergrasp Tol Barad type stuff.
    By rezzing Halaa, I was implying that its dead. get it? dead - rez? nvm...
    I like the fact that its always open, and I actually dont mind the flying mounts to get there since it's in a pretty neutral area. (short fly from Shatt for both factions)
    So many people feel like TBC was the best xpac but at 90 right now, theres no reason to ever go there. (Wrath still has WG)
    Just because its in a lower level zone, thats no reason that players wont go there especially if theres updated rewards. (see barrens)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    By rezzing Halaa, I was implying that its dead. get it? dead - rez? nvm...
    I like the fact that its always open, and I actually dont mind the flying mounts to get there since it's in a pretty neutral area. (short fly from Shatt for both factions)
    So many people feel like TBC was the best xpac but at 90 right now, theres no reason to ever go there. (Wrath still has WG)
    Just because its in a lower level zone, thats no reason that players wont go there especially if theres updated rewards. (see barrens)
    It would still make more sense to make a whole new version of it with said updated rewards, in whatever new zones they make in the next expansion. My problem with flying mounts wasn't specifically traveling there, but rather during the fights someone mounted on a fly mount is immune to crowd control so you can't dismount them even with crowd control such as polymorph, and it's impossible to stop them from flying in/out.

If you are going to mount an assault on an enemy stronghold, it should be from the ground. And if you do decide to go through with it, you shouldn't be able to flee just by mounting up.

Seeing another objective like it in a future expansion would be cool to see but I don't really feel like Halaa itself needs one you can probably find it active enough on a more populated server.

Rezzing Halaa
    Leave it to rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It would still make more sense to make a whole new version of it with said updated rewards, in whatever new zones they make in the next expansion. My problem with flying mounts wasn't specifically traveling there, but rather during the fights someone mounted on a fly mount is immune to crowd control so you can't dismount them even with crowd control such as polymorph, and it's impossible to stop them from flying in/out.

If you are going to mount an assault on an enemy stronghold, it should be from the ground. And if you do decide to go through with it, you shouldn't be able to flee just by mounting up.
    Ground assaults are good but if youre trying to cc a flying player, youre doing it wrong, use the shell that dismounts ppl
    Besides, flying players dont do anything to help cap the area, nor can they do anything while mounted.
    Im probabally being overly nostalgic and unrealistic by wanting Halaa back.
    I can see them trying to impliment a new pvp area and failing miserably so I thought the best suggestion was making easy tweaks to the existing area.
    Mounts are good, gear is good, but my personal motivator would be knowing I can start a war with Alliance whenever I wanted without going right to their doorstep. (goldshire/stormwind) (terrible Gy's positions for horde in Elwynn are too big of a disadvantage)
    I heard in that new area Thunder island or whatever, Blizz has already tried putting in a wpvp zone, but from what I hear, its pretty dumb/dead/pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that there should be a related achievement called [Halaa Back Girl].
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I feel that there should be a related achievement called [Halaa Back Girl].
    Or [Halaa at cha Boy]

They'd need to place it smack in the middle of a contested zone where both faction capitals are. Something like this would have been ideal in Vale, somewhere around the daily quest hub. It's close to both faction capitals and promotes world pvp as it's right there - no fear of sub 90 ganking.

They really REALLY need to increase the honor gains/give conquest gains for previous world PvP centers/BGs.

This includes: Eastern Plaguelands (I think), Halaa, Auchindoun towers, Tol Barad, Wintergrasp and others. Make them TRUE world PvP centers by removing the instancing and battle beginning/ending but just make them into massive constant BGs like classic AV but in the game world. And do the same with AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15