Stat Weight Question

Stat Weights Questions:

I haven't used SimCraft very much in the past but I'm starting to use it now to get my stat weights
    to gem/reforge correctly. I have a question. Sorry if it's a silly question but I have to ask it.

Recently I entered my toon in SimCraft to get my SW which showed to go to a haste build.
    But now that I have a haste build I sim it and haste and mastery are getting closer and
    closer to each other. SO my question is , each time you sim your toon do you get a
    different value determined by how you regem'd / reforged from the previous Sim? ? So basically it's just a
    big circle ? lol

when I first simmed as memory serves me it was 3.9 Haste / 3.14 Mastery. So I used that
    and went to a haste build. Now I have that build. For kicks I sim myself again and now it says
    Mastery - 3.38 / Haste - 3.04

which do I use ?

Q

Your stat weights tell you the value of an incremental point of a stat with your current gear. Therefore, it is expected that your stat weights will change every time you reforge, regem, or get a new drop.

More meaningful (in my opinion) data to look at is a reforge plot. This will show a plot of how your dps will change as you reforge one stat into another. With a reforge plot, you can try to aim to get to the "peaks" in your plot, so that you maximize dps.

In order to do a reforge plot, I recommend you only pick two stats (e.g. mastery and haste), pick a decent sized reforge amount (I typically go with 3000 - this represents the range of stats you are looking at. For example, selecting 3000 will tell you what happens to your dps if you reforge 3000 mastery into haste, or vice versa, if you reforge 3000 haste into mastery), and medium sized step amount (I typically go with 250; this represents the stat difference between each plot point; too small and it will take forever).

Once you do your reforge plot, look at the graph. You will see how your dps changes based on your reforging. Your aim is to get your reforging to the highest peak on the graph.