Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I want to pay for games that come with their own original IP, not for something that's just rehashed material from a set of other games.
    Oh and look, you don't have to pay either. The makers of the big/good mods usually have a way for you to donate to them if you want to. If people feel like rewarding them for the work they put in, that's their business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Oh and look, you don't have to pay either. The makers of the big/good mods usually have a way for you to donate to them if you want to. If people feel like rewarding them for the work they put in, that's their business.
    Yeah and kickstarter shouldn't be the place. But it seems my request for sane thinking is directed to the deaf. If people keep lowering their standards, if people keep lowering the bars on their wallets for less and less, producers and developers will keep giving us less and less for the same money.

It's the trend that worries me, no this speciifc example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The whole statement you'remaking is silly. There's a whole table row on the right side of the screen telling you that if you invest, you get ABCD and if you invest more, you get ABCDEFG. Don't tell me you're donating because you think something is going to fail and every single human being in the universe would be upset if he didn't get what was promised to him. Especially todays consumers.

I'm not sure who you're trying to fool, but my guess would be; yourself.
    Of course a customer would be upset if they didn't get the product they were promised upon purchase. That's why you don't look at kickstarters as products or the rewards as promises, because every single one of them has the potential of failing (even if they've met the financial goal) and you have to go in knowing that.

The only one fooling themselves is anyone kickstarting a project and then treating it as a product. :/

If people want to kickstart this then sure, why not, why do people care so damn much about what others are doing? Just do not kickstart it. Mods like this are so big that they can nearly be considered games in themselves. If people choose to spend their money on this then who am I to say it is wrong, they know the mod will be free and they want to make sure it is made so they help fund it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    If people want to kickstart this then sure, why not, why do people care so damn much about what others are doing? Just do not kickstart it. Mods like this are so big that they can nearly be considered games in themselves. If people choose to spend their money on this then who am I to say it is wrong, they know the mod will be free and they want to make sure it is made so they help fund it
    Black Mesa is big. Never went on kickstarter. They just had a donation button on their website. That's how things should be done with Mods. How big the mod is is not excuse. It's still a mod.

Yes and I never said there was a problem with kickstarting a mob. What's the big deal? It is like an official donating button that gets more publicity? What is the problem with people using a crowd funding website in order to crowd fund?

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    pathetic really.. "Guys, I spend my free time making a mod. Cash nao pl0x?"

I fully agree with Cespian on this..
    They only need 80k lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    This should really be posted on the front-page.

Basically it's a Starcraft MMO using the Starcraft engine but not requiring the Starcraft game.

It's way more than just a mod. Please read the description.
    I did and here is what I found on the kickstarter page for it
    StarCraft Universe (SCU) is a game mod (Note: it is not a standalone game) for StarCraft II. Originally named World of StarCraft, SCU focuses on telling an epic story and intense combat action, as well as multi-player raiding experiences. StarCraft Universe will be released as a series of custom games published through Battle.net.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2013-08-14 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Black Mesa is big. Never went on kickstarter. They just had a donation button on their website. That's how things should be done with Mods. How big the mod is is not excuse. It's still a mod.
    Black Mesa also took a decade to make.