Deleted

a bit on Megaera & Twins hc10m

So last night we blasted through jikun and iron qon hc, after 2 weeks of tries on Megaera, and after Qon decided to progress a bit on Twins.
    We dont seem to keep logs anymore, but in short, what kills us in Megaera usually is the adds. Last tries in sunday we had:
    DK tank x2
    Resto & Enh shamm
    2 mages
    restodruid
    hunter
    and i think MW monk & shadowpriest
    We did give tries to CC them with RoF (few nights we even had 3 mages available), EG totem & such. Few latest tries we tried to kill them as they spawn but still our best attempt was at 45% on last head left. (would have been a kill maybe if we didnt lose 3 people on last rampage).
    How should we handle the adds?

On Twins we only had a few tries to see how the fight goes, but in general, what order to release the Celestials, and when?
    And how many adds should be revealed each Tears of the Sun-cast?
    Any general tips also appreciated.

average Ilv ranges in about 525-541 in the raid.

@Twins: Use the crane at the start, so both bosses get hit by it. At the beginning of P2 use the tiger for the slow, so in case you won't get a second comet you can still survive. After that one you can directly enable the HP + Mana reg.
    In P3 first enable the tiger to slow down tidal force, after that enable the crane for damage on both bosses. Afterwards you can use the HP & mana reg. The last one is optional.

That's how do it.

@Megaera: We are currently also progressing there and we are also struggeling with the adds. Sadly we couldn't get as far as you did, but maybe on thursday

For Megaera:

We CC the Adds on the first head and kill them while rampaging, after that one or two DDs will kill the adds as they spawn, this way works much better than CCing them for us, you should give it a try. The Adds of the last head will be ignored completely, maybe a RoF or in your case two, but thats all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    For Megaera:

We CC the Adds on the first head and kill them while rampaging, after that one or two DDs will kill the adds as they spawn, this way works much better than CCing them for us, you should give it a try. The Adds of the last head will be ignored completely, maybe a RoF or in your case two, but thats all.
    I've seen some people use tanks to taunt (or conc/D&D/whatever aoe threat) to pick the adds. As only one melee, we cannot really use the plate dps-taunt strategy and currently the adds are getting quite wild on the raid and spreading out.

Deleted
    You get a different amount of adds on each head, so the adds are only problematic on few of the heads. Assuming you ignore green you'd get adds like this:

1st head: 1x adds
    2nd head: 1x adds
    3rd head: 0x adds
    4th head: 2x adds
    5th head: 2x adds
    6th head: 1x adds
    7th head: 3x adds

As you can see, the most problematic heads adds wise are 4,5 and 7. Killing the problematic heads quickly is an important part of add control. 3rd head is very easy because you get no adds during it. We have people save all their dps cooldowns during 3rd head, so we can nuke 4th head down faster. Then we bloodlust on 5th head so we don't get too many adds on that either. For the last head you should just nuke the head and cc adds, as there will be too many adds to efficiently kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    So last night we blasted through jikun and iron qon hc, after 2 weeks of tries on Megaera, and after Qon decided to progress a bit on Twins.
    We dont seem to keep logs anymore, but in short, what kills us in Megaera usually is the adds. Last tries in sunday we had:
    DK tank x2
    Resto & Enh shamm
    2 mages
    restodruid
    hunter
    and i think MW monk & shadowpriest
    We did give tries to CC them with RoF (few nights we even had 3 mages available), EG totem & such. Few latest tries we tried to kill them as they spawn but still our best attempt was at 45% on last head left. (would have been a kill maybe if we didnt lose 3 people on last rampage).
    How should we handle the adds?

On Twins we only had a few tries to see how the fight goes, but in general, what order to release the Celestials, and when?
    And how many adds should be revealed each Tears of the Sun-cast?
    Any general tips also appreciated.

average Ilv ranges in about 525-541 in the raid.
    I'm the one doing celestials when we do twins and I do them in this order

night phase: ox whenever, like halfway through, it's not really important in this phase
    popping cranes when night transitions to day
    day phase: dragon at second meltdown, tiger at third meltdown (we use cds at first meltdown)
    dusk phase: tiger at first tidal wave, dragon at second, crane whenever there is time after that. Have never used ox a 2nd time cus boss is already dead at that point, but you can do that aswell if there's still time to do it.

Once the guy who's on celestial duty in your group nails it, it's a free kill, probably one of the easier bosses in there. Megaera is one of the tougher ones imo.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-08-13 at 09:37 AM.

We had the same issues on Megaera before our first kill until we figured out what the fight was - 7 phases of single target burst dps.

Have people worry less about the adds, and have them focus far more on dpsing the heads. You'll end up getting the heads down faster, spawning less adds as a result, and that's less damage taken by every single person. Focus the heads, don't control the adds - they won't kill anyone before you get the head down, and at that point you can use the tanks to bring in/control the adds whilst you move to the next stack point.

I've seen some people use tanks to taunt (or conc/D&D/whatever aoe threat) to pick the adds. As only one melee, we cannot really use the plate dps-taunt strategy and currently the adds are getting quite wild on the raid and spreading out.
    We don't tank them, we just kill them as soon as they spawn. They don't have that much life and should die quickly. Let the Enh Shaman and maybe the hunter kill the adds as they spawn (start killing them after the third head died).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Focus the heads, don't control the adds - they won't kill anyone before you get the head down, and at that point you can use the tanks to bring in/control the adds whilst you move to the next stack point.
    6 to 9 Adds dealing 150k dmg per attack per add to a random player. While rampage. There are no better ways to die to random dmg spikes than yours.

and have fun when two healers are stunned while the Boss rampages.

Deleted
    Just have either dk tank grip them in and kill them, i pick them up as tank and aoe them down with bladestorm /shrug.
    Its very important to finish off the head then going on adds, nothing worse then getting 2-4 spawns when you should only get 1-2 :P

- - - Updated - - -

6 to 9 Adds dealing 150k dmg per attack per add to a random player. While rampage. There are no better ways to die to random dmg spikes than yours.

You "shouldn't" 2 heal it on progress, way to much rng damage.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-08-13 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Just have either dk tank grip them in and kill them, i pick them up as tank and aoe them down with bladestorm /shrug.
    Its very important to finish off the head then going on adds, nothing worse then getting 2-4 spawns when you should only get 1-2 :P

- - - Updated - - -

You "shouldn't" 2 heal it on progress, way to much rng damage.
    I meant it more as "Have fun watching one healer heal a fourth or fifth rampage while the other two are stunned"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I'm the one doing celestials when we do twins and I do them in this order

night phase: ox whenever, like halfway through, it's not really important in this phase
    popping cranes when night transitions to day
    day phase: dragon at second meltdown, tiger at third meltdown (we use cds at first meltdown)
    dusk phase: tiger at first tidal wave, dragon at second, crane whenever there is time after that. Have never used ox a 2nd time cus boss is already dead at that point, but you can do that aswell if there's still time to do it.

Once the guy who's on celestial duty in your group nails it, it's a free kill, probably one of the easier bosses in there. Megaera is one of the tougher ones imo.
    OK. And is there any info on the adds (Horrors or whatever they were), just try to reveal them all, or 1-2 per Tears?

We don't tank them, we just kill them as soon as they spawn. They don't have that much life and should die quickly. Let the Enh Shaman and maybe the hunter kill the adds as they spawn (start killing them after the third head died).

This. We kill the adds straight away. Look at it like this, you have 2 options
    1) cc the adds and kill them the rampage is on. This may let them get casts off adding to the already high damage in a rampage. It also eats into the time the next head takes to kill
    2)Kill them immediately. This head dies a bit slower and less potential incoming damage in the next rampage.

On twins you should reveal as many adds as possible. If you look you can see where their cast is coming from. We have a lock do it for us but your hunter could work just as well.

Have the tanks taunt them then. If the tank on green takes one that at least means his DPS isn't going completely to waste and should be able to kill one solo pretty easily while watching breaths on green. The tank on the current kill had can taunt one, possibly two or a hunter can MD one or two to him. Those two can get splashed and cleaved down with the head.

@Megaera, for us we have our mage drop a RoF, and our melee handle the adds, and if they get out of hand, a Ring of Peace from the monk does wonders. As for the last head, you have multiple CC's at your disposal. Popping a RoF on them with a Psyfiend in the middle from the shadow priest, while he stands on the other pack waiting to pop Psychic Scream to fear them all off into nothingness. Another method would be to have the tanks drop a DnD on whichever add pack is closest to them. Pop Remo-winter, or a Ring of Peace, and cleave them down. Regardless you shouldn't be having issues on Rampages with a Resto sham in raid. As for adds, designate 2-3 dps to them up until the last head. Utilize your CC's, even the ones that're the not so common ones, like capacitor totem. Hero on 2nd purple head to prevent getting 2 sets of adds, and that should make that last rampage a joke.

As for Twins, our winning combo was, 3 healing, 2 tank, have 1 tank on Lu'Lin the whole time, even with the Beast of Nightmares up. The tank that's on kiting Suen, should be getting 2-3 adds per tears, and on the 2nd tears, you want to have whoever is drawing for celestials, do Xuen first, but only at ~15 seconds prior to the 2nd "Tears of the Sun". This will cause it to come out halfway through her "Tears of the Sun" cast, and extent the length of that tears. As for phase 2. What we do is pop cranes as she's coming out, pop hero, and burn her. A good target % to aim for is ~60%. You want to have the boss tanked next to the first comet that drops, and then alternate every other from that point forward. (Do NOT let tanks stand on or near the comet). If you get to P3, drag Lu'Lin off to one of the pockets on the side of the room, pop Xuen right away, dodge the Tidal Force, and /profit.

Cheers

If you're getting 9 adds, your DPS on the heads are too slow. Should never be that many up. I think we get 6 adds perhaps once before the 7th head? No reason your DPS can't switch to the adds once the head is dead, but if you're killing heads shortly after the second breath, you won't get 9 adds and barely will get 6.

If anyone's getting stunned, your tanks are failing at basic interrupting and stuns, and healers are failing at dispels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anitayxec View Post
    The Adds of the last head will be ignored completely, maybe a RoF or in your case two, but thats all.
    that much we did figure yes usually first 3-4 heads go smoothly, but on second red and purple it hits the fan easily.
    On tries where we got to 2nd purple (we currently are using Lust on 2nd red), everyone's being out of dps cds and it takes quite a while. The best attempt would have been a kill if the adds were dealt cleaner i guess.

Megan comes down to prioritizing dps for the last 20%. It looks like you're 3 healing so it just makes it that much tighter. Ideally you get the head down before the third breath and deal with the adds later. Having good melee dps that can cleave and hit the boss makes it a lot easier. Use your aoe stuns here. My raid uses their self dispels for clear the add stuns if possible.

A lot of people "1 tank" it and use the other tank to gather and control adds. My group doesn't do that but that option always exists, many people report it being easier for them.

Good luck!

edit: try having all ranged stay on the head until it dies. Have melee cleave, plus MW monk doing their aoe + stun.
    Last edited by Schma; 2013-08-14 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schma View Post
    Megan comes down to prioritizing dps for the last 20%. It looks like you're 3 healing so it just makes it that much tighter. Ideally you get the head down before the third breath and deal with the adds later. Having good melee dps that can cleave and hit the boss makes it a lot easier. Use your aoe stuns here. My raid uses their self dispels for clear the add stuns if possible.

A lot of people "1 tank" it and use the other tank to gather and control adds. My group doesn't do that but that option always exists, many people report it being easier for them.

Good luck!

edit: try having all ranged stay on the head until it dies. Have melee cleave, plus MW monk doing their aoe + stun.
    Well, enhance cleave is nonexistant (i know, as im the enhancer), ranged as far as i know are quite busy on focusing the ice beams as far back as possible. Not sure if it targets mistweavers though.
    We also tried onetanking but it made melee positioning quite hard, especially on purple head.
    gonna see, might go for a few tries this week.

Deleted
    OK. And is there any info on the adds (Horrors or whatever they were), just try to reveal them all, or 1-2 per Tears?
    We just reveal as many ads as possible whenever she shows up.