Thread: Best top laner?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best top laner?

Not seen a thread for this in a while so thought I would get one going. Opinions and no flaming please... we're not in lol so turn your troll dials down :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no "best" top laner, just tiers of champions really. Zac, Shen, Renekton are all pretty good/top tier and can beat counters easier than other champions. Riven is pretty good too, snowbally champion that can beat anyone if she gets 1 kill. Zac top is played in like every LCS game and if you've ever played against him, it's pretty annoying to try and trade with him once he gets items rolling. Zac doesn't really lose to anything either and once Shen gets items he can't really die to anyone + just pick up assists/kills with ult. Renekton is more of a personal choice because I think he does well vs a lot of champions and if you snowball, you snowball super hard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kennen is a monster top imo, for solo Que darius renekton and wukong are all good choices

Garen is best for me on top. He is Offtank he is good tank and good damage dealer!

Deleted
    Teemo wins every lane!

Deleted
    Theres no "Best top laner" Just.. the best counter.

but if you really want an answer, id say Renekton in solo que stomping.

Irelia is awesome.

Deleted
    Properly played riven doesn't have a true counter, not after olaf nerfs atleast.

Deleted
    Well my favourite top laner is Darius, followed by Khazix. Neither of them are ideal though, so definitely not the "best". I think that's pretty unanswerable.

Deleted
    I try to play renekton if it's at all possible. the only time I wouldn't really pick him is against elise. against anyone else I think he is a safe pick. you are un-gankable if you save e. you can dash through the jungler once then dash again. you are also un-diveable with ult. you can just R, then double E for shred and along with your lifesteal from Q, you can often get kills and stay alive.

when it comes to teamfights you can just double E the carry and stun them with W. he is really hard to counter and does decent damage while remaining tanky. he probably has one of the best kits in the game. sustain, a stun, a double dash and tanky/dmg ult.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2013-08-17 at 04:39 PM.

I personally like a Tryndamere top. Mostly a combination of bad experiences on my part and some very good Tryndameres up top that I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garen and Irelia are my favourites, I'm interested in Zac top though, how does everyone build him?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Garen and Irelia are my favourites, I'm interested in Zac top though, how does everyone build him?
    Sunfire first vs AD, Spirit Visage vs AP. Sometimes it doesn't even matter you can just go Sunfire -> Spirit Visage no matter what. You just max Q and hit them with your abilities + pick up hp pieces and unless they have great sustain, they can't exactly do anything to you. Another option is to get a Zhonya's first vs AD as it'll give you a good amount of AP and armour. Last time I played it I went Zhonya, Spirit Visage, Randuins, Lyiandri, Rylai's and just did insane damage + was able to dive turrets with that armour. I honestly like him top more than jungle because you can just get those extra items and be your teams tank + secondary damage source. Let's Bounce with AP items does really good damage and when you jungle, you can't exactly get the couple items you'd need to do some serious stuff.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-08-17 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice, I'll give that a try, what masteries etc do you use?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    nice, I'll give that a try, what masteries etc do you use?
    Defensive 9/21 with the AP stuff from Offense and just AP type runes (Mpen/Armour/MR/AP)

Deleted
    Yeh Zac sounds like my next buy tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can afford it, Health Regen quints work wonders on him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quinn
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that Zac is the best right now. In the current state of things there aren't many top laners that can out sustain him, and his damage/cc is very very for how tanky he is. Spirit Visage is a really powerful item for pretty much any laner, but it's particularly effective on Zac because of the way Zac's sustain works.

Shen and jarvan get honorable mentions, but in the current patch I think that Zac is the strongest top laner. That's not to say that he is OP or anything, though I am of the opinion that he is overtuned, but he has everything that a top laner wants, and then some.