Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is the point where I should try to introduce logic and reason into the thread ('they're not done with their damage balancing pass yet' etc) but some of you seem quite content to throw fits and make childishly ignorant comments like 'GC plays a rogue/hates hunters', so I won't bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    You can already see hunters being ahead in guilds where not everyone (maybe no one) is able to get 100% out of their class. You would just see warlocks, rogues and other classes complain how hunters dominate them. And it would be quite vocal considering that the number of casual guilds is far greater than that of hardcore guilds.
    And that's the problem.... How? DPS should be balanced around bleeding edge play style. not majority of players. If they even put 3-4-5% nerf to hunter damage across the board, I highly doubt any flexi / N guild would see the difference. The classes have to be equal on the high end, not around entry level raiding. In N mode, even if you do mistakes, it's mostly not going to be a wipe (T15). However, in HC mode, even flies can be deadly and there (HC) we need every edge we can get.

If hunters would get a damage buff only via some kind complex mechanics which will most likely be too much for LFR/flex/N folks, so be it. But give me a tool which gives me some kind of edge in HC raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I guess this is the point where I should try to introduce logic and reason into the thread ('they're not done with their damage balancing pass yet' etc) but some of you seem quite content to throw fits and make childishly ignorant comments like 'GC plays a rogue/hates hunters', so I won't bother.
    "I'm gonna claim I'm here to be reasonable but really I'm just here to troll" is all I heard there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    If hunters would get a damage buff only via some kind complex mechanics which will most likely be too much for LFR/flex/N folks, so be it. But give me a tool which gives me some kind of edge in HC raiding.
    But there are no complex hunter mechanics right now. The class is very easy to play.

But there are no complex hunter mechanics right now. The class is very easy to play.
    Hence the word "if".

Rogues and Ele shamans are easier by far.

I don't get people like you who say "they are not done with balancing" even after (what is hopefully) a first pass of balancing is done. If there's no feedback to the devs from us about how the proposed changes are not enough and they'll probably have to look at giving us something more, they'll just sit on the initial changes thinking everyone's content. No matter how many sims there are about performance, the feedback about the "feel" of the class takes precedence in deciding changes. But we still have people like you who advocate not giving any sort of feedback and hiding behind the "they are not done" excuse. Ignore the dumb "GC plays a rogue" comments and encourage the constructive, empirical feedback...don't hide behind the "they are not done guys, chill" line.

Deleted
    New simcraft with the lastest dk buffs and mage frost nerf and others shizzles is out.

Whoa, DK's just skyrocketed bigtime. I'm glad they got their buffs, but wow, one can only dream of such things

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Middle of the pack is competitive. Pure DPS seem to think they deserve to top the charts every patch of every expansion.

As for others using the "but top 100 guilds were benching their hunters waaah". So what, are you in a top 100 guild? For most, the answer is no. For the few who are, are you in one of those "casual top 100 guilds" that only does a main raid and doesn't maintain adequately geared alts?
    Yeah, I thought not. Heaven forbid you don't get to main your hunter for 3 weeks of competition.

Get over yourselves. Pure DPS have got to be the single biggest group of self-entitled crybabies in the game. I'd be ecstatic if in 6.0 rogues, locks, mages and hunters all had 3 bottom-middle of the pack specs and lets all of the hybrids have a turn at topping DPS for a patch or two each, because I'm sick of hearing the whinging of those who feel not being able to perform roles they very likely did not want to perform given they picked a class that couldn't do them as their main means they deserve bigger numbers.
    Get off your high horse!

Our complaints are not about not being top dps. Our complaint is that we aren't very good dps, and we have terrible utility. What is the point of bringing a class that has neither dps or utility to a raid when you can just bring a different class that brings both?

Answer that question.

PS. Gear soak is not an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Whoa, DK's just skyrocketed bigtime. I'm glad they got their buffs, but wow, one can only dream of such things
    Over buffed is more like it.... They nerfed locks and replaced them with DKs. Hunters continue to hold their vigil in the mediocrity section of the charts. Of course I will take mediocre over the bottom any day... Feels like the specs at the mid bottom to bottom are fighting over scraps while the big boys murder the charts. We hunters at least have that going for us... The king of the mediocre specs. Rawr.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-18 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe we should all just stay quiet and hope they guess our feedback. If GC played a rogue I'm fairly sure they would be fun to play. At least our class is enjoyable...

Deleted
    Looking at the wild variation in these dps simcrafts with each new iteration of the PTR, it seems obvious that Blizz are struggling (even more) to balance the classes since the RPPM nerf. I predict that RPPM will be reverted back to current and allow double-dipping on haste because it's screwing with everything else too much.

They must be intentionally trying to make melee higher since the mechanics are punishing to them on almost every fight. The correlation looks pretty much solid (except for those poor, poor monks).

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Again. Give us the same utility as a paladin or even a DK (40% magic reduc raid CD? Gorefiends grasp? Passive cleave damage? A-M-fucking-S? yes please) and I'll be fine with being mid-table DPS. What you say makes no sense - if a boomkin does 220K and a hunter does 200K, why would you ever take the hunter if it wasn't for the entire purpose of soaking gear no one else can use? The boomkin can multidot, has tranq, has stampeding roar, has great defensives. Heck, if the boomkin Symbiosis a hunter, they'll even get our only utility - MD .

Saying that because top players have competitive alts, it's fine to leave one class in the shitter is bullshit too. It's such an easy fix for them to make.
    It'd be nice to be able to compete with those classes. Can remember needing to sit on a fight because we could meet the enrage but needed more healing CDs. So i sat for our Spriest for VE and bringing 4% wasn't as important : /

Deleted
    67.000 DPS disparancy between all the dps speccs now. Blizzard seriously managed to make it WORSE then what it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    67.000 DPS disparancy between all the dps speccs now. Blizzard seriously managed to make it WORSE then what it was before.
    There is no way they are going to let it go live like that. I expect another number pass. Hopefully that's the one. If they don't then they really screwed up next tier.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    There is no way they are going to let it go live like that. I expect another number pass. Hopefully that's the one. If they don't then they really screwed up next tier.
    Alternatively, do what they did in DS and go "Simcraft isnt accurate, Simcraft isnt accurate, Simcraft isnt accurate, *Release Patch* Simcraft isnt accurate, Simcraft isnt accurate, Simcraft isnt accurate, Simcraft isnt accurOH GOD THEY WERE RIGHT QUICKLY HOTFIX THEM"

Patch on 27th is looking highly unlikely though, i mean, we've tested 5 normal modes, and I hope to god they don't test during gamescom, I'm sure Method and Genuine would be pissed seeing as they've been invited to raid at the event, so probably wouldn't be available for testing (which would be 25Heroic by then). Not only that but after promoting a playable 5.4 at the event it'd suck awfully hard for a new build to break something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    There is no way they are going to let it go live like that. I expect another number pass. Hopefully that's the one.
    Well, time is running short and I haven't noticed much responses (if any) from the devs in regards to Hunter-based questions - fingers crossed for an update soon I hope.

It would also be really nice if they could shed some light on what they plan to do with our secondary stats, since all of this emphasis on AP via Aspect of the Hawk over the years has made the other stats somewhat less significant. Not that I'm against buffing Aspect again, but it's really that time where something else needs to be done, for example, making our mastery for attractive and improving our secondary stats' scaling.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2013-08-18 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post

Patch on 27th is looking highly unlikely though, i mean, we've tested 5 normal modes, and I hope to god they don't test during gamescom, I'm sure Method and Genuine would be pissed seeing as they've been invited to raid at the event, so probably wouldn't be available for testing (which would be 25Heroic by then). Not only that but after promoting a playable 5.4 at the event it'd suck awfully hard for a new build to break something.
    The 27th wasn't chosen at random. It's the same day FF XIV launches. Blizz has been known for releasing patches on the same day as other MMOs released in the past. Patches bring back players... players who might have been considering a nother game. I do agree that it doesn't seem ready to go yet, but it probably is going to happen. There will be lots of hot fixes, probably every day for a while.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-18 at 05:47 PM.