Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys look up, who trademarked this, was the guy that trademarked Cataclysm, not saying that means anything, but it definitely adds up to saying it a WoW expansion.

Deleted
    The name fits Diablo more, that's why it will be for WoW.

Didn't Blizzard TM "Black Soulstone" awhile back or something to that effect? That would seem more of a D3 xpack name. Also, didn't they TM "Mists of Pandaria" around this time before it was announced at Blizzcon in 2011?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised a LOT of people think it's a trademark for a Diablo Expansion. Seriously? Think about it.

The next Expansion for WoW is closer than the next expansion for Diablo 3.

It has been stated that after Mists of Pandaria, we will go back to the real Azeroth. So no, No Argus. Kul Tiras is part of the the "Real Azeroth". And it's a maritime kingdom.

We know that the next expansion has to do something with the burning legion, as Wrathion in the next patch stated that his plan wasruined by Varian. If he took over Orgrimmar, it would take a year for him to take over Mulgore and unite everyone to defend against the burning legion. 1 year is usually how long it takes between expansions.

Azshara. She has close ties with the Burning Legion. Will she ally herself with them again? Maybe.

The Tomb of Sargeras. You know, it's now deep under water? And thinking that there is nothing that can be of interest to the burning legion is plain naive.

So yeah, it's the next expansion 100%. I am surprised a lot of people think that the next expansion is about the burning legion, and throw away the naga completely. You can't delve into Azshara without delving into the Burning Legion. You just CAN'T separate the two.
    Last edited by Envojus; 2013-08-13 at 03:45 PM.

Interesting find. I wouldn't mind if it was for the next WoW expansion but I have a feeling it is the name of the D3 expansion they're announcing at Gamescon. Heck with that name it could even be a D3 expansion dealing with the ocean. But I'm not really up on the Diablo 'universe' so I don't know if they have done something like that already.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taking information from: http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Below

With heavy insight with the next expansion being surrounded by mostly Legion and information taken from the above link, this can mean only one thing, it's the new WoW expansion unwrapped for everyone to see. If this is the case, I can't say I'm more than happy with the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    OK doubters... if I'm right, there is no way they would register a trademark on August 9, two weeks before Gamescom if it were a Diablo 3 expansion. Again, this is not something you wait until the last minute to take care of. If I'm right.
    It's possible they've previously registered it overseas. Perhaps in a small little known country that doesn't upload it's trademark records online.

I understand they did this with the Heathstone trademark - registered it overseas then transferred it over in the roughly one year they have to do so (afaik)

The Ocean gets very dark, the deeper you go.

However, we also didn't go to Hell in D3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envojus View Post
    I am surprised a LOT of people think it's a trademark for a Diablo Expansion. Seriously? Think about it.

It has been stated that after Mists of Pandaria, we will go back to the real Azeroth. So no, No Argus. Kul Tiras is part of the the "Real Azeroth". And it's a maritime kingdom.
    Extactly, on wowwiki it even says

The "Below" in The Dark Below
    This implies a region that is underneath the crust of Azeroth, and not the twisting Nether in outerspace up in the sky. In early conceptions, hell is percieved to be underneath and not up in the sky.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Victosia View Post
    I know right? Time to reserve a solid Naga Tinker name.

Chief-Engineer Fishbowl. Dips!
    <3

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    If you guys look up, who trademarked this, was the guy that trademarked Cataclysm, not saying that means anything, but it definitely adds up to saying it a WoW expansion.
    Mr. Rigole does all the Trademark work for Blizzard.... Not just WoW.

So far, assuming this is real, I'm leaning towards WoW assumption, primarily because (as someone pointed out) we fought atleast 1 fiend from the Dark Below before (Ozumat). Kudos to who found that! (I'll get your name after I post this)

Edit: Kudos Renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    It's definitely WoW, Dark Below is a place in warcraft and in WoW we even fought a "fiend of the dark below"

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ozumat

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Below
    Last edited by tobiashunter; 2013-08-13 at 03:40 PM.

Interesting is that the boss in the Cataclysm Dungeon "Throne of Tides", Lady Naz'jar actually mentions this during her encounter if I remember correctly;

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Entrance01.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Entrance02.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Entrance03.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Entrance04.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event01.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event02.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event03.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event04.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event05.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event06.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event07.wav")
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event08.wav")
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    to me, the storyline really doesn't seem to be leading towards Nagas, its leaning back towards the Burning Legion. Wrathion going on and on about "Azeroth divided cannot stand against such force" and this that and the other thing only to suddenly go "LOL NAGAS!".

I bet its a Diablo 3 expansion, makes a bit more sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    This was already posted, but I'm posting it again.

http://wowpedia.org/Dark_Below

The Dark Below is literally from WoW. Word for word, it is part of the Burning Legion.
    I do think this is the most accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    That's speculation based on three words. Three words!

Nobody - NOBODY - knows what an expansion would be about. We assume the Burning Legion. We know Azshara is still out there. But anyone saying it's "probably" going to be about something or other is speculating based on... three words. The. Dark. Below.

It could be about bunnies, for all you know. Bunnies from... the dark below!
    Actually Ozumat's title ''fiend of the dark below'' implies strongly that this trademark is both WoW related AND N'zoth / Azshara related.

10+ Year Old Account
    shit, at any rate, we'll find out if its a WoW expansion at Blizzcon in November, can't wait to see the video on those big assed screens again

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll bet someone 100,000g this is for WoW and not D3

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    It's possible they've previously registered it overseas. Perhaps in a small little known country that doesn't upload it's trademark records online.

I understand they did this with the Heathstone trademark - registered it overseas then transferred it over in the roughly one year they have to do so (afaik)
    If the info provided by MMO-C is correct, then they didn't apply for a trademark first overseas with this one. The filing basis is 1(b) - which simply means an intent to use the mark. If the filing basis were 44(d) (as with Hearthstone), then that would mean they are claiming priority to an overseas filing.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Below

Decent amount of info. May be be legion based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    D3 was the worst thing Blizzard has done in their career. I highly doubt they'll make an expansion for all 50k people playing it, especially since it isn't monthly.
    Oh fuck you, it doesn't matter what you think D3 was a massive financial success and it's also coming to consoles soon. Of course they will do an expansion for it.