Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Assasination rogue damage TO HIGH

Jw if anyone experienced this as well as I have, I've been on the PTR testing various classes etc I mainly play a Warrior been playing one since early TBC.

I've been dueling rogues lately and I notice that Assasination rogues can take a warrior down from 501k hp to 50k in one ks or para poison? If you dont trinket you die...is this blizzards intent? is this going to be lowered when it goes live? Even if you trinket you have until the ks dr resets to kill the rogue which is possible i've done it many times but im just curious as to why the burst is so high i mean i've tested it with a warrior and i made a rogue myself as well I have never played a rogue in my life and i managed to output INSANE dmg in one stun im talking putting people down to 10% hp in one KS

dont believe me? go make a rogue on ptr test it out this isnt a complaint thread just want to get some feedback on this

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    *too high.

and wait - what abbreviation are you talking for KS= Killing Spree? cuz if so - your talking wrong spec. but I cannot for the life of me think of anything else that is KS.

Just because assassination's icon is eviscerate doesn't mean it has killing spree

Quote Originally Posted by Tender View Post
    *too high.

and wait - what abbreviation are you talking for KS= Killing Spree? cuz if so - your talking wrong spec. but I cannot for the life of me think of anything else that is KS.
    Kidney Shot. Ill have to go on PTR and try this now.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Kidney Shot.
    AH! TY! for the life of me, wasnt thinking of another KS.

ITT: Kidney Shot is forgotten as a Rogue ability.

Assassin damage during a stun is always going to be high, especially during a duel when they can plan on having you stunned with no outside interference, and thus pop ALL THE COOLDOWNS (vendetta / shadow blades, specifically.) On my Rogue on live I can get someone insanely low even in pretty garbage gear in a stun with shadow blades up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    ITT: Kidney Shot is forgotten as a Rogue ability.

Assassin damage during a stun is always going to be high, especially during a duel when they can plan on having you stunned with no outside interference, and thus pop ALL THE COOLDOWNS (vendetta / shadow blades, specifically.) On my Rogue on live I can get someone insanely low even in pretty garbage gear in a stun with shadow blades up.
    Guys im talking about kidney shot. Reason why im using kidney shot is because no class should be able to decimate my health from 100% to 10% in matter of 5 seconds? And yes do try it out on the PTR as a matter of fact i have an alliance rogue reply if you want me to SHOW YOU what im talking about, i have 95% mastery, honestly by the time cheap shot is over whichever clas im atacking theyre down to 40% hp, i find it game crushing honestly

Quote Originally Posted by mrtanklol View Post
    Guys im talking about kidney shot. Reason why im using kidney shot is because no class should be able to decimate my health from 100% to 10% in matter of 5 seconds? And yes do try it out on the PTR as a matter of fact i have an alliance rogue reply if you want me to SHOW YOU what im talking about, i have 95% mastery, honestly by the time cheap shot is over whichever clas im atacking theyre down to 40% hp, i find it game crushing honestly
    Ret/BM Hunter/Ele Shaman/Enhan Shaman/Fire Mage/Frost Mage/Feral Druids are already doing this on live on top of having nearly as much or more control, survivability, CC and utility as a rogue does. Rogues need to actually be dangerous again and you should actually want a rogue on your team instead of only playing with one because you couldn't find a feral.

You're dueling people. Nobody cares about duels, and nobody balances the game around duels. This whole discussion is pointless, it doesn't matter if a Rogue does 99% of somebody's health during Cheap Shot -> Kidney Shot because that would never happen in a situation where it matters, because you'd have teammates to peel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You're dueling people. Nobody cares about duels, and nobody balances the game around duels. This whole discussion is pointless, it doesn't matter if a Rogue does 99% of somebody's health during Cheap Shot -> Kidney Shot because that would never happen in a situation where it matters, because you'd have teammates to peel for you.
    WROOOOOOONG!

Your logic is utterly flawed. You have just said that one on one doesn't need to be balanced because you will always have team mates. Or in other words... It is okay to never have a chance at defeating someone if your are on your own and you are playing X class and they are playing Y class.

CLEARLY you play an assassination rogue.

To the OP, numbers have not been adjusted on PTR yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I havent been on PTR or live since 2 months so I'm not saying OP is correct but saying any spec should fuck you over in a cc train is stupid no matter peels.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno about assasination but i had this exact thing happen to me with Killing Spree on ptr..

attacked a rogue.. solid opener on my rogue and got him to about 25-30% in cheap / amb amb evis / marked for death evis spamming random shit with no energy afterwards cause i didnt know my buttons [but there were some abilities in there! i had S+D up comon i'm pro guys!]

.. he turned around and i sh*t you not dropped me from 100% to 60k health in literally 1 cheap / KS. i was actually lol'n irl cause i thought he'd kill me in it. i had to dance after and killed him.. basically because he didnt do anything else, he just fell over :/.

i dunno if thats the norm cause i dont play alot of rogue in any spec. but that dmg was some scary shit because you just eat eat it.. no way to stop it without a trink.. you just get globaled.

how is that fun?

oh ps - this was in instanced pvp :O

edit.. i think he was talking about getting globalled in kidney shot. i stand by killing spree being retarded even though that whole thing was off topic i guess ^^.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-08-14 at 03:01 AM.

Well, if it gets through second wind, it sounds like a good idea to me.

People are really used to Mutilate not having any pvp use.

I feel like Rogues will be scary again in 5.4 but rogues always scale really well at the end of an expansion anyway without buffs. Now sub, assass and combat will all be feared next patch. Combine that with the buff to base resi and i think 5.4 will be a decent patch.

duels= world = pve trinkets and gear at full power = not balanced.

I have faith in blizzard they balance quite well just look at Starcraft 2.
    But I do hope they nerf them. >:}
    Last edited by Lumune; 2013-08-14 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mentioned this a month ago. It doesn't matter its going to fall on deaf ears.

I'm not even a good Rogue and I was killing people in 6-8 seconds without cool downs without trinkets. It's all high amounts of sustained damage thanks to deadly poison and venomous wounds. Basically if the Rogue gets Venomous Wounds on you you're fighting the clock because its going to eventually kill you.

Mutilate and Dispatch do insane damage too. And they recently got buffed but it hasn't made it to the ptr yet. It's all a joke when you look at it but again, its going to fall on deaf ears. People won't call Assassination overpowered until they see some youtube hero/twitch hero say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumune View Post
    I have faith in blizzard they balance quite well just look at Starcraft 2.
    But I do hope they nerf them. >:}
    are you new to this game?

Deleted

Even if you trinket you have until the ks dr resets to kill the rogue which is possible i've done it many times b
    Because without the burst how is he supposed to kill you when you yourself say you can just trinket the KS and turn around and kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Mutilate and Dispatch do insane damage too. And they recently got buffed but it hasn't made it to the ptr yet.
    And this is where you lost all creditably mutilate (the ability) Does next to no dmg in pve and when you lower its dmg 65% (or 75% on the ptr) it becomes nothing it hits at hemo lvls of dmg in pvp, but it does insane dmg ok huh....