10+ Year Old Account

American rebels?

The title might be sounding weird. I am not talking about the Revolutionary war or civil war. Im talking about American Citizens going to Different country's to aid rebels who are fighting for a better cause ( these people are in no way supported by the US military ) I mean has their been non american soldiers but are in Germany fighting with the German rebels. Has their ever been a case like that. Was their even a American at the Turkish riot.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    The title might be sounding weird. I am not talking about the Revolutionary war or civil war. Im talking about American Citizens going to Different country's to aid rebels who are fighting for a better cause ( these people are in no way supported by the US military ) I mean has their been non american soldiers but are in Germany fighting with the German rebels. Has their ever been a case like that. Was their even a American at the Turkish riot.
    Yes, there are Americans who go elsewhere to fight with others. Whether they're fighting for a good cause or not depends, but it happens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/29/wo...roup.html?_r=0

Not to mention the existance of PMC's, which is a fancy way of saying "mercenaries", who'll fight for the highest bidder.