Deleted

[Resto] Lei Shen 25H Tips?

Hey everyone, my guild is having there first attempts on Lei Shen tonight and i would appreciate any tips you have with healing it, like when to use cooldowns and things that i should watch for. I normally don't need to do this and i gather info by myself but my guild really wants to get it down before 5.4. Thanks in advance.

- Earthran

In transition 1, try to get another healer on your platform to help you, a discipline priest or a holy paladin would be the best choices. Keep a raid cooldown (healing tide and/or ascendance) for when sh** hits the fan and don't be affraid to use your defensive cooldowns (astral shift/spirit link/PE buff) for static shock(s).

In P3, always keep healing rain on the tank and save your raid healing cooldowns during the wind phases. You will have to use a warlock portal because you do not have the mobility of a mage or a druid. As in transition 1, use your defensive cooldowns smartly, ie when thunderstruck hit you. If you get static shock, kill yourself and time your ankh so you don't die stupidly a second time.

Don't take it wrong but on H Lei Shen, resto shamans are more a crutch to the raid. P1 and P2 are just dominated by absorb classes and P3 is an high movement phase. If you don't screw up in general and put your mana tide on cooldown, you pretty much have 90% of your job done on this fight.

Good luck and hope you can nail it down before the next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    What follows assumes that the mechanics of Static Shock still work as they used to when ToT went live and weren't stealth-nerfed at some point.

One thing that you must absolutely not do is use Astral Shift or Earth Elemental channel on yourself when soaking Static Shock with your buddies (you can't soak it alone, so that's the only way to survive it). %-dmg reductions have the potential to kill the people who are soaking with you - because the damage that you refuse to take is added to their portion... I know, dumb mechanic that was already dumb in normal mode - unless everyone has that reduction on them.

That's why the likes of Spirit Link and PW:Barrier work for it whereas Astral Shift is a nono unless everybody else uses their CDs too (and that's just a plain dumb waste of valuable CDs). If you want to reduce dmg taken by yourself without harming somebody else, you need to use Stone Bulwark Totem. And remember to pop Spirit Link Totem as well. And then hope that you won't get it a second time during the same transition because your only hope is to reset the CD on Bulwark, use that and praythat that's enough (maybe scream in panic for a Shadow priest to shield you ^^).

PS: If Static Shock is much weaker in 25s than it is on 10-man where you have to treat it as I described above, ignore me and do as ganiccus said. If it hurts no-one else, it doesn't matter which CD you use for yourself.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-08-14 at 04:16 PM.

I have done both 10 and 25 man heroic Lei Shen, and it's a no-brainer that static shock hurt a lot more in 25 man. If you have to stack to soak a static shock, your group should either use 2 raid cooldowns or a combination of one raid cooldown and a personnal CD. In 10 man on my resto druid, the damage is much lower, I can just pop barkskin (20% DR) and I usually drop to 40-50% HP (there are 3 people on my platform in transition 1).

So don't be shy to use your personnal cooldowns, shamans (especially resto) are notoriously weak, they have no damage reduction passives, and no larger health pools like warlocks to compensate.

Good points already covered by Seriss / Ganiccus, I'll add my 2 cents...

- I liked AG much more than HTT for this fight, because of the shorter c/d. HTT never seemed to have a great moment to use it before Phase 3. AG did much more healing overall for me, although HTT is obviously a bigger c/d and it's one use during phase 3 will be a big one.

- You can glyph grounding totem to avoid the diffusion chain on your platform, but only works for your party. We had one ele in each group on our platform (our 10 who couldn't solo soak all went to the same platform), but resto can do it as well.

- Glyph of HST goes without saying, almost all Nature Damage.

- Every group does it differently, but if you get clumped with the other non-soloers on a platform, either have warlock portal there or ask your friendly nearby priest for a grip & BodyandSoul / Feathers. Our non-solo platform was full of shaman / warriors / DKs / healy priests and we relied heavily on the priest speed boost when we had no lock portal.

- Like Ganiccus mentioned, healing in phase 1 will be dominated by absorb classes, don't let the meters make you feel like you're doing anything wrong. If you play well you can definitely be competitive, but the high-damage parts later in the fight will give you a chance to shine.

- You asked for specific cooldowns, so here's a few things I do, works for me but your mileage may vary....
    P1
    Thunderstruck1: Ancestral Swiftness to place HR down where all the range are running to
    Thunderstruck2: I put fire ele down on 2nd platform before TS goes off, in the middle so it will reach 2nd & 3rd platforms. SWG before TS goes off to put HR down where range is running too. On the transition between platform 2->3, I Ascend.
    Thunderstruck3: AS again to put HR down where the range are running too, then AG as soon as the boss starts moving towards the last platform. High amount of damage. That's usually a bit over 2 min into the fight, so sometimes I would pop AG 10 seconds into the fight just to boost healing & since it would be up again, but not necessary.

1st transition: We had AMZ for each Static Shock, and a disc priest barrier the first and my SLT for the second (if we got 2). I used Earth Ele here and never knew about the damage sharing thing Seriss mentioned until recently, but with so many of us stacked was rarely an issue (luckily).

P2

Higher damage than P1, I use fire ele on the last platform when it's off c/d. Again, all depends on where your group is running too, range, etc. On the first platform in P2, all of us range waited to go to the second platform until one of us got overcharged, then we roar-sprinted over. That's when I Ascended 2nd time, with SWG, lots of damage going out. AG I used more reactionary but more high-dmg times in this phase, so never have to hold it for long.

Second transition very much like the first, don't spawn diffusion adds and soak those balls and you'll be gtg.

Last phase is very high movement, and very high damage, raid c/d's might be co-ordinated here in your guild. If not, will be plenty of time to use them effectively. I used 2nd earth ele here. SWG & AS are very nice to heal on the run.

Anyway, that's just me, hope it helped somewhat. Good luck and have fun man, really love the fight, well designed.

Deleted
    Thank you all so much it really helped, especially the thing about grounding totem. We only got past the first phase 1 or 2 times but im sure that we can get it down before 5.4.

Thanks again! - Earthran

P1: Make sure you are positioned correctly and not spreading Diffuse chain or in a bad spot for Overcharge/Thunderstruck. Outside of that there isn't much healing to be done so just keep tanks up or help dps if your group is low on damage.

Transition 1: Use Primal Earth Elemental channel as soon as you reach your quadrant. Everyone in your platform should be popping a personal when group soaking Static Shock regardless so no reason not to have the extra reduction. Try and make sure your group lets you take the middle spot and soak the closest bouncing bolt to the center as to minimize the amount of movement you have to do. Be sure to heal the person who gets Helm of Command and if you have to group soak a Static Shock pop Ascendance or Healing Tide to top everyone and Spirit Link for the damage reduction. I prefer Healing Tide over AG for this fight as it allows you to keep your transition group up even if things go terribly wrong. If you get Static Shock and your group is out of position and not going to be able to stack on you in time just run off by yourself and die and Ankh back up. Better just you die than you + whoever stacked in time.

P2: Similar to P1 in that there won't be much to heal so keep tanks up and do mechanics properly.

Transition 2: Really important not to spread Diffuse Chain in this one. Try not to use any of your raid cds unless you absolutely have to as you will need them for P3.

P3: This is the part where you actually get to do some healing. You will be moving out with the Ranged before every Thunderstruck and likely will be out of range to heal tanks/melee for a few seconds so keep that in mind. Ranged/Healers are going to be pretty spread so your best bet is to drop Healing Rain in melee and use Healing Stream on cd while spam healing tanks. If you get Static Shock you will want to run off by yourself and die and hope you can Ankh/Get a Brez. When you use your cds is up to your Raid Leader but try and save them as you should be fine for the first TS with no cds and even the 2nd should only need some minor ones.

lol Earth just noticed it was you who I was PMing with about the Grid2 stuff GL man hope you guys get him!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RestoMurilo View Post
    it was you who I was PMing with about the Grid2 stuff
    Haha! Thanks for your help.