Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This will fail miserably. SWTOR is just not hi-end PvP material...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Its going to have some growing pains, no doubt. And I will be the first to admit that Arena PvP was not high on my list of wants (or really even on it at all). But SWTOR still has the best PvP out there when compared with other MMO's on the market. Of course that is my opinion based on the amount of fun I have with it and how much I enjoy playing a multitude of classes that all excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just want to point out the removal of F2P Warzone restrictions is in the section for after 2.4. So it is something they are teasing which will happen at a point after 2.4 but not with 2.4.
    Way to make reality come crashing down on my hopes and dreams : (

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? I have been a hardcore pvper in WoW and in just about any other game for over 5 years. The PVP in SWTOR has been the best PVP I have ever had since WoW Arena back in its baby age. It's so much fun.
    I even made a pvp vid of my lvl 44 Sniper and put it on youtube, and I never make these vids unless I have LOTS of fun in it. Ofc, this is just my 2cents.
    Last edited by Weezing; 2013-08-16 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a pvp'er myself but this looks very solid indeed. Would be nice of them to also remove Flashpoint restrictions for F2P along with the Warzone ones whenever they do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found out I don't have the expac. I could've sworn that i got it back in the days for free when they had the whole subscribe now and get it for free promo. Did this not happened and I got gibbed or am I just making things up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    I just found out I don't have the expac. I could've sworn that i got it back in the days for free when they had the whole subscribe now and get it for free promo. Did this not happened and I got gibbed or am I just making things up?
    It never happened and you're imagining things ^^'
    You could get additionnal Cartel Coins if you resubbed before the F2P conversion and you could get some vanity items if you pre-ordered RotHC.
    And... That's it, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    lame. I was really looking forward to playing again and seeing more story for my sith warrior...but now, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    How so? I have been a hardcore pvper in WoW and in just about any other game for over 5 years. The PVP in SWTOR has been the best PVP I have ever had since WoW Arena back in its baby age. It's so much fun.
    I even made a pvp vid of my lvl 44 Sniper and put it on youtube, and I never make these vids unless I have LOTS of fun in it. Ofc, this is just my 2cents.
    Yeah I'm also having more fun in randoms than I do in Rated in WoW.

But it's so static and binary and primitive. It seems like there's either one choice for you to do in any given situation, or no choice at all with no variety of tools (skills) that classes currently have.

Now that I wrote this, it seems that these have nothing to do with balance in new rankeds, it's just different gameplay that I'm used to in WoW. :P Like vanilla\a bit TBC playstyle.

Anyways, there's still tanks. And even Blizzard realized that beating on a tank is frustrating and boring. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, there's still tanks. And even Blizzard realized that beating on a tank is frustrating and boring. ><
    That's one of the cool things I've found about Carnage Marauders, tanks melt like butter. >: )

My total damage numbers still kinda suck at the end of the match (compared to Rage), but whatever target I get on tends to drop like a sack of potatoes.

Removal of 8 vs. 8 rankeds may further reduce the usefulness of certain advanced classes (powertech, mercenary, sniper and sith sorcerer come to mind)

thats the reason you have to balance the game properly - or even try to. somethign they didn't have done sicne month