FPS drop in 10-25 man

I am having my FPS drops from 80-100 to about 15-20 when in raid groups with lots of spell animations. My computer is a couple years old but shouldn't be causing it drop that much. My system Specs are

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8 GHz
    Ram: 8 GB DDR 3 PC 10600
    Graphics: ATI 5770
    HD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

I have all my graphic settings on low, vertical sync disabled. I am also running a fresh install of windows 7 w/ my Catalyst Control Center Version 13.4. I don't know if I just haven't noticed it as much but it seems like it has gotten worse in the past month or so. Any advise you guys can give would be helpful.

Thanks,

Nate

It's your CPU. AMD CPUs are pretty bad at wow and generally at games stressing only a fixed number of cores.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a stronger CPU will increase your minimum FPS.
    Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2GHz | 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 670 SC | ASUS Z77V LK | Seagate Berracuda 2TB
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymeimei/simple

It's probally your CPU, i've read in different forums that the AMD CPU's are not very good at handling MMO games like wow, so getting an intel would probally be better, for MMO games. I do want to note that the AMD CPU's are better at games like battlefield and cod, where the entire erea is loaded in one go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you have AA off? And also Shadows off?
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    It's probally your CPU, i've read in different forums that the AMD CPU's are not very good at handling MMO games like wow, so getting an intel would probally be better, for MMO games. I do want to note that the AMD CPU's are better at games like battlefield and cod, where the entire erea is loaded in one go.
    Not really, they are either on par or behind on those games as well.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Those FPS numbers are completely normal for your computer setup.

I'm running a brand new I5-4670K Intel CPU OC'd to 4.2 GHz and a 7970 GPU and i'm EASILY getting 200-300 FPS outside of raids, and yet on intense fights i drop down to as low as 35 FPS. That's just how it is. And it doesn't help WoW is CPU dependent and horribly outdated code-wise.

I'd say update your computer and definately get a new CPU, and an Intel one. Get one of the "K" models (Those are designed to be overclocked). And that would require a new Motherboard too. The GPU is quite old too, but if you mainly play WoW, the GPU wont do much. Your RAM isn't optimal speed, but it wont matter much.

If you cant/wont upgrade your computer, i suggest cleaning your PC physically. Remove the parts and get the dust out of there. It perhaps doesn't look like much, but it can f*** up your system so badly.