Deleted

How to gear up after a long break?

Hi there folks, just a quick question.

I've been playing and gearing up my Shaman in the first Month's of MoP, but after getting my full set of Mail items from the Heroic dungeons (ilvl 463) I've stopped playing due to the lack of Content back then.

Now i tried to give it another shot yesterday since a ton of content has been added since back then, but unfortionatly I have noticed that I still can only enter the first 2 LFR Dungeons that were released at the start of MoP, since the itemlvl requirement for the next one is 470.

Now my question is, is there any way to obtain 470+ items other than just waiting for LFR to reset and farm those 2 starting raids till I get there?

Thank you!

You should have a quest to speak with Lorewalker Cho inside of the seat of knowledge which will lead you into a few scenarios and the Battlefield: Barrens questline after that, which eventually rewards you with ilvl 502 boots. You can also buy the valor neck from the new raid faction at neutral once you have visited the Isle of Thunder, which is ilvl 522.

Aside from that, there are some BoE 476 epics you should find on the Auction House, if you have the gold.. You can also buy ilvl 522 crafted gear.

Edit: And you can do the world bosses, of course.. Sha of Anger and Galeon can give you ilvl 496 gear, while Nalak (on Isle of Thunder) and Oondasta (on Isle of Giants) can give you illvl 522 gear.
    Last edited by Eronath; 2013-08-15 at 01:07 PM.

yeah secnarios! give you a chance for an epic if your lucky and they are the best way i have found to get VP for shado-pan asault 522 gear.

Keep doing T14 LFR, get your faction reputation in the Isle of Thunder to honored so you can buy a 478 belt with gold.

Kill Nalak EVERY week.

Collect incantations around the isle of thunder to get a good amount of Elder Charm of Good Fortune.

The incantations are:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/94130-incantation-of-haqin
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/94233-incantation-of-deng
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/95350-incantation-of-vu

You use them to summon a mob that drops a bag that contains those charms.

Kill rare elites around the isle and get keys to do the solo scenario and get more charms.

Get 1250 valor points and buy the Shado Pan Assault 522ilvl neck which will boost your ilvl by a lot.

When you get to ilvl 480 you can queue ToT LFR and Heroic Scenario.

Heroic scenarios drop ilvl 516 (which is a lot better than LFR ToT).

Those are my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    You should have a quest to speak with Lorewalker Cho inside of the seat of knowledge which will lead you into a few scenarios and the Battlefield: Barrens questline after that, which eventually rewards you with ilvl 502 boots.
    Battlefield: Barrens is going away in 5.4, does that include the quest to with the boots? If so, do it now.

If you are willing to wait just a bit, Malevolent PvP gear (mostly ilvl 476) will be available for crafting in 5.4, and Tyrannical (ilvl 498) for honor. The VP gear at < ilvl 522 will be change to sell for JP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Battlefield: Barrens is going away in 5.4, does that include the quest to with the boots? If so, do it now.

If you are willing to wait just a bit, Malevolent PvP gear (mostly ilvl 476) will be available for crafting in 5.4, and Tyrannical (ilvl 498) for honor. The VP gear at < ilvl 522 will be change to sell for JP.
    Did they say anything about lowering the cost of 522 ilvl gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Did they say anything about lowering the cost of 522 ilvl gear?
    I think the cost is going to be 75% of the current cost? Check the front page, it's probably mentioned there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think the cost is going to be 75% of the current cost? Check the front page, it's probably mentioned there.
    Woot nice just found it at WoWDB. They are being decreased by 35%.

One thing which hasn't been mentioned yet - convert all of your Justice Points to Honor, and buy PvP gear for any slots you're struggling to upgrade. The PvP items are ilvl 476 and are equivalent to PvE pieces of the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    One thing which hasn't been mentioned yet - convert all of your Justice Points to Honor, and buy PvP gear for any slots you're struggling to upgrade. The PvP items are ilvl 476 and are equivalent to PvE pieces of the same level.
    Save your honor for 5.4, when it will buy ilvl 498 items.

So, OP: a lot of things will be easier after 5.4, but if you're doing the legendary quest chain, don't procrastinate, since it takes so long to finish.