Question Resto Druid help

Hey there everybody, been looking for help on Resto healing and I've been getting a lot of mixed results from my own searches so I figured it would be a good idea to ask here.

I used to play as a resto druid in Cataclysm (mostly in the Firelands raid) and I remember back then that getting to that 21.43% haste for the second extra wild growth tick was extremely important back then. I quit WoW and came back for Pandaria but up until now the guild needed me more as a dps so I was paying Feral. Now I have a chance to heal again and I jumped at the opportunity, but I am reading some conflicting information about that second haste breakpoint. Seeming to favor higher spirit and mastery and staying at the first haste breakpoint. So my question for all of you is, I have the gear to reach that second breakpoint but should I? I did so at first without really thinking and assuming it was best, but with Rejuvenation doing such a large percentage of my healing and not benefiting at all from that 3k extra haste, it seems to makes sense that I drop that haste in favor of Mastery. I know what I'm doing but I've been out of the game for awhile which would be the preferred setup nowadays?
    PS: Incarnation or Soul of the Forest? At least in 5.4 with the swiftmend changes Soul seems a no brainer, but while I'm asking for suggestions. Might as well throw this one in there too.

First post so it wont let me post a link but my toons name is Pinkiepi and it's on Velen if you want to look at my gear.

Much of this is covered in the guides/sticky so I suggest reading those, but as a quick rehash:

Aim for the 3043 haste breakpoint or the 13k+ haste breakpoint come 5.4. Those are more valuable than the 5-6k ones for WG/SotF WG.
    However as your gear starts improving, if you are having hard time reforging down to 3043, and you are close to 6k anyhow then its more acceptable to go for the 6k+ WG/efflo breakpoint. Especially come 5.4 when efflo will become more valuable as its uptime will be much higher than currently. (still though, 3043 or 13k+ are the big ones to aim for)

As for Incarnation/SoTF/FoN - they are actually all pretty close in terms of output and usefulness - so it depends on the fight mechanics really (and whichever you happen to prefer) I tend to prefer FoN or SoTF depending on the fight, but that could all change in 5.4 depending on boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Much of this is covered in the guides/sticky so I suggest reading those, but as a quick rehash:

Aim for the 3043 haste breakpoint or the 13k+ haste breakpoint come 5.4. Those are more valuable than the 5-6k ones for WG/SotF WG.
    However as your gear starts improving, if you are having hard time reforging down to 3043, and you are close to 6k anyhow then its more acceptable to go for the 6k+ WG/efflo breakpoint. Especially come 5.4 when efflo will become more valuable as its uptime will be much higher than currently. (still though, 3043 or 13k+ are the big ones to aim for)

As for Incarnation/SoTF/FoN - they are actually all pretty close in terms of output and usefulness - so it depends on the fight mechanics really (and whichever you happen to prefer) I tend to prefer FoN or SoTF depending on the fight, but that could all change in 5.4 depending on boss mechanics.
    I just got out of an lfr with reforging down to 3043 haste and SoTF, hesitate to take too much out of lfr, but they were idiots that made me heal like it was an actual raid. pulled 85k hps, and messed up my mushrooms because of cinders being in the stackpoints. All in all I much prefer it. thanks, for the advice, and yes I read the sticky, but even there it seemed pretty vague to me which is preferred.

Threw that in for ya'
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kiepi/advanced

Well as the others a saying, stay at the 3043 haste cap and reforge for mastery after that.
    I've recently started using spirit/mastery in blue and yellow sockets and int/mastery in my red sockets which gives me some extra spirit but also a little output aswell and it has been working out great for me so far. I've tried going all out spirit and all out mastery and this is what have been working best so far.

As for the talents, i prefer Incarnation and HotW over SotF and NV.
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue: