Bounty Week Kill/Capture Option

There's a thread about this on the SWTOR forum titled "Bounty Contract Capture or Kill Option". Sorry I can't provide a link - this is my first time posting on this forum and I got a message saying I have to post a few times before adding links, pics or video. I want to add to the discussion, but as a preferred status player I can't post on SWTOR forum at all. So I thought I'd add my two cents here and see if any devs notice. Or maybe a sub could re-post this for me

I'd like to propose that players be able to "flag" bounty targets, indicating their intention to kill or capture. This flag would be similar to a target marker and would be visible to all players, even those from the other faction. Here's why:

There's a problem with people being able to capture bounties since other players often try to help bring down the targets and end up killing them before the capture can be made. Obviously it's great that people are helping each other, but it can get frustrating if you're trying to get the capture achievements. It's especially difficult when these helpful players are from the other faction since communicating with them is a little more indirect. You have to "Yell" or "Say" which can be difficult in the midst of a heated fight - and people don't always pay attention to chat during fights.

On the SWTOR forum thread, someone proposed giving us a dialogue at the end of the fight with the option to capture or kill, similar to the way light/dark side choices are made throughout the game. This sounds like a good idea to me, but others pointed out that this dialogue might take away some of the gameplay difficulty usually associated with achievements. I think the flag idea might be a good compromise between the two points of view.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be ideal in my opinion. I hate it when i have to click quest items at x % of health. I always overshoot it and end up having to wait for respawn to do those types of things. Atm im only killing the targets, but i expect it to be a pain in the ass when trying to capture them.

I found the best thing to do is capture them the first time, or at least keep trying each time until you succeed. That way, you can kill them every subsequent time.

Spamming the grenade on the target when they're below about 30% health works too - they're immediately immune to damage the instant its activated.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I'm not sure I'll ever get the "capture" on the Henchman I ran into today. Some Sniper-style chick with big damage + CC, and her adds CC me too. Just want to beat the crap out of her and forget to Grenade her. Whoops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    I'm not sure I'll ever get the "capture" on the Henchman I ran into today. Some Sniper-style chick with big damage + CC, and her adds CC me too. Just want to beat the crap out of her and forget to Grenade her. Whoops.
    Some of the Bounties where some damn S.O.B.s . I killed all bounties so far, except when i got a repeated Henchmen that i captured. I'll just do via Achievements. If i need both Kill / Cap, ill kill, when i need only Cap, i'll cap.

I managed to get a kill and a capture on every henchman during the last BBA week (and I hadn't done it before, only just returned to SWG). Always did capture if I could, if I didn't have it, so that if someone happened to come along and kill it quickly I wouldn't miss out.

Capping is easier by a worthwhile margin - it's an instant effect below 10% HP (I think it's 10%, may be 5%), ends the fight then and there, and you don't lose anything by doing it.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7