Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    You won't have to worry about that...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tencent: How will you deal with bigger and bigger numbers in the next expansion? I think it is time to do something with it.
    Ghostcrawler: We have considered this problem and we will reduce players' stats in the next expansion.

Source

Soul crushing if you ask me

I'm looking forward to it myself.

Why wait for 5.4?

We have an offspec DK tank with over 1mil hp (granted that is with fort and a flask), course he is still missing a few pieces to complete his set.

10+ Year Old Account
    just another reason for an item squish.

thats really insane the amounts of HP people can reach these days. 1.2mill on a warlock? insanity
    Hi

If the item squish wouldn't happen, then the health of an average tank would be around 2000k I'd say. The amount of health per new expansion´s first patch becomes like ± thrice times as much as the previous expansion´s last patch. 10 million is impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a lock on Ragnaros in vanilla that had 7k+ hp and 7k+ mana, and we thought he was a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats alot of hp holy moly. PS we can see your butt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    I don't understand why people are scared of big numbers ?

Let them keep climbing I want to feel more and more powerful
    It's a human thing. Gets harder and harder to comprehend the bigger the numbers get, and it gets tiresome. I fully support the squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Funny to think about.

I remember back when raiding Gruul, our bear tank reaching 20k hp. We thought that was HUGE.
    It was huge.

It's all relative.... which makes me facepalm anytime someone thinks item squish is actually going to change the feel of anything.

10+ Year Old Account

Tencent: How will you deal with bigger and bigger numbers in the next expansion? I think it is time to do something with it.
    Ghostcrawler: We have considered this problem and we will reduce players' stats in the next expansion.
    Source

He specifically said he did not confirm an item squish for the next expansion when he answered my tweet about it.

Source

Debunked here: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07978944200705
    Reposted here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Blue-Posts-Art
    mmo-champion says item squish soon confirmed. Please do not regress my character. I worked hard to get him to where he is.
    I didn't confirm it. Still we think there are a lot of good reasons to get numbers down to more parsable levels.
    Last edited by Alaira; 2013-08-15 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It was huge.

It's all relative.... which makes me facepalm anytime someone thinks item squish is actually going to change the feel of anything.
    Some people like big numbers. I liked critting for over 1 million with Templar's Verdict. Other people however, unbeknownst to me, seemed to be having heart attacks in the midst of MoP's numbers. Things may of course 'feel' the same, but plenty of us who've had the pleasure of MoP's big numbers thus far, will no doubt be disappointed to be kicked back down to what I expect will be Cataclysmesque numbers.

Old news for Warriors.

1 mil stam legitimately without stacking it and level 100 would be a very good way to end this long strange trip.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Debunked here: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07978944200705
    Reposted here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Blue-Posts-Art

mmo-champion says item squish soon confirmed. Please do not regress my character. I worked hard to get him to where he is.
    I didn't confirm it. Still we think there are a lot of good reasons to get numbers down to more parsable levels.

He never said it was for sure going to happen in either quote so I don't know what yours debunks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    I remember stacking stam gear on my hunter for a laugh and breaking 10k in TBC. That was like whooaaa so much hp.
    Is that actually possible? I did break 10k on my hunter at level 67-68 but I was using pretty good gear with a lot of epic Wrath gems....

Was fun in BGs for sure.

Deleted
    Well, stacking STAM while ignoring any other stat really isn't the way to go on live servers, you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    still not quite sure why blizzard changed stam scaling in 4.0.1

if they didnt change the scaling of certain stats we wouldnt need an item squish
    The reason for that was because Blizzard did NOT like the Wrath style of healing in which it was SPAM THE TANKS FOREVER WITH FAST HEALS. At the time, Tanks had a smaller health pool but more avoidance stats then current, and blizzard had it to where bosses did 50%+ of the tanks HP with a single melee swing, thus leaving tanks prone to being 2 shot if they didnt get heals. (You had to gem for stamina back then to try to up your HP amount to the 3 shot range). Raid damage was similar- significant amounts of spamming was needed to counter the "burst" AoE, and you bought a druid to roll rejuves to counter the "steady" AoE.

So that they wouldnt have to design encounters to be so bursty, Blizzard nerfed mana regen (To prevent spammy heals so quickly), buffed HP (To give healers more breathing room), and greatly boosted the amount of stamina during content (So that healers have to worry about running oom, NOT about spamming heals on tanks so they live.)

So yea, the stamina change was due to blizzard wanting a change in healing dynamics from "SPAM HEALS" to "Use heals smartly to conserve mana". They HAVE moved from the first, but only time the latter is in effect is during the first tier of an expansion- after that, healers get enough spirit that they can spam all they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another dishonest item squish thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember the days of thinking 6,000 HP in Grand Marshal gear raid buffed was wicked sick...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6hcl-4KDHo

This is nothing new, 1m was long reachable even in low gear.
    It's not the way to go for most progress bosses and it sure won't be in the future - but with 5.4 it will be standard for most geared tanks to be >1M, with the exceptions of monks ofc.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced