Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    There are a lot of people that would crap all over themselves to play ogres. It's all subjective, really. I see a lot of people hating on Nagas too.
    Ogres would be like Goblins and Tuaren pre-Paladin. Almost non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    well specifically it was Ghostcrawler who didn't like neutral races. but yeah, i think they just felt like EVERYONE would want a panda and so instead of making up a race out of almost nowhere (which they did with Draenei, which was a fantastic ass-pull) they just let everyone play pandas

likely we will see two races next expansion, like Goblins and Worgen, Goblins and Worgen both already existed in the game, it was pretty obvious that goblins would have to be horde, it made enough sense that worgen wouldbe alliance if goblins were to be horde (even though some players would have loved to have Werewolves in the same faction that also had Zombies and Trolls).

Naga are ambiguously menacing to all races but have a hordish feel to them, ogres would have to be horde, so you would not likely see nagas and ogres together in the same expansion, if Naga went horde would you use another aquatic race for Alliance? (Jinyu are too specific to pandaria and are meant to serve as a counter point to Hozen, allowing the Alliance to have Jinyu but not the horde to have hozen would seem illogical) Murlocs are a difficult sell because the shape and size of their models. A new race we have never seen before (mermaids and mermen?)
    I honestly am not expecting 2 new races. At best, I'm expecting 1 new race.

There's one thing I know about GC/Blizz. There's what they SAY, and there is what IS. Kinda like the Sellable AH pets being a "safe alternative to purchase gold" statement. They're very good at spin. :P

I don't believe Pandaren were a "special case". I actually believe him saying that was simply jumping on a good excuse to combine 2 resources into one, especially so they don't have the same debacle like they pulled in Cataclysm (Goblins getting tons of love and areas, whereas Worgen get a stumpy tree and loose their 1 zone at the last minute). This way, there's NO debate over which "side" gets the more attention while not splitting any resources and simply focusing on ONE starting area.

In all honesty... part of me is even considering that they may not even put a new race/class in at all next expansion. The way they'll spin it is via saying "We have plenty of races/classes, and we used those resources to update the original race models". Likewise, somebody else will say something like "This also allows us to make the new leveling areas and new profession/game branch that much more detailed"

Just wanted to mention in case people have not seen it but Blizzard just released the name of the expansion on their D3 homepage as "The Reaper of Souls" so the trademark seems 100% legit for The Dark Below.

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    The trademark application is in process just like Reaper of Souls is. That is all we can say for sure right now. I am confident that it is real but some people need to wait for an actual announcement before they can believe it.
    I am gonna take that as real then.

Awesome, naga and water themed expansion with an old god... Finally!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding the Stockholm syndrome...
    How many pages ago was that?

I think you're misunderstanding the Stockholm syndrome...
    Could be that the Old Gods identified with their Titan captors and in doing so turned on one another ?

(not saying that's the case, just saying that's the only way Stockholm Syndrome applies here, haha)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    .. Eh, no. WoWPedia is a pretty damn good collection of canon lore.
    ...which is rather unfortunate as Blizz tends to ignore/rewrite most of that for whatever game convenience excuse they need at the moment. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ogres would be like Goblins and Tuaren pre-Paladin. Almost non existent.
    I know it's anecdotal, but one of the reasons I wasn't an early adopter of WoW was because the Horde lacked Ogres and Gobs, and thus not "really" Horde to me. My major experience was WCI&II, with WCIII coming in much later.

I say that to say this, I'd play ogres all frikkin day. ALL DAY ERR"Y DAY.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...which is rather unfortunate as Blizz tends to ignore/rewrite most of that for whatever game convenience excuse they need at the moment. :P

You are right. But until it is, it's way more valid than the "because I think it doesn't work like that" from a random poster. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    it's their prerogative
    serialized media (like long running video games, TV Series, Comic books) tend to have fluid lore, that is subject to Retcon,

we as consumers just have to surf the waves of retroactive continuity or we will drown.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-21 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Frankly, we don't know jack shit about N'zoth. He couldn't be "defeated" in the way that NONE of the old gods could truly be "defeated (read: killed)" without releasing some sha-like force.

How do you know N'Zoth would realease a sha-like force when being "killed"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I am gonna take that as real then.

Awesome, naga and water themed expansion with an old god... Finally!

Go look at the D3 homepage, you will see Reaper of Souls have been confirmed.

I am thinking they are going to announce The Dark Below at Blizzcon later on.

Males! (which imo, I like more because they.. well, they actually have the snake heads. Not a fan of female humanoid heads as opposed to the snake heads the males have)
    stop it you gone too far >.<

Deleted
    C'Thun was definitely killed since Cho'gall tried to resurrect him(it?) in the comics. No Sha there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Past experience, the only known Old God who has been truly killed was YShaarj, and his death spawned the Sha. There is not reason to believe this effect would be unique to just that particular Old God's death and not typical of all old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    C'Thun was definitely killed since Cho'gall tried to resurrect him(it?) in the comics. No Sha there.

He wasn't killed. His mortal husk was destroyed. An Old God can't be killed through normal means. When their mortal bodies are destroyed, they can just regenerate. Apparently, Blizzard has stated that Y'Shaarj was killed by the Titans, not just his body destroyed, but killed, DEAD. I don't agree with it, based on the evidence we're given, but there's a distinction between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    stop it you gone too far >.<

Hmh? What do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    that which can be resurrected is not really dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres basically have to be horde

if Ogres + Naga, then Naga=Alliance
    if Naga + (anything else), then Naga=Horde
    Do you know anything about Kaldorei lore?

Deleted
    He wasn't killed. His mortal husk was destroyed. An Old God can't be killed through normal means. When their mortal bodies are destroyed, they can just regenerate. Apparently, Blizzard has stated that Y'Shaarj was killed by the Titans, not just his body destroyed, but killed, DEAD. I don't agree with it, based on the evidence we're given, but there's a distinction between the two.
    So Y'Shaarj is more dead, than a dead husk, but still has a beating heart that whispers? Okay. Still Sha are unique to him(Y'SHAarj. C'Thun would release the Thu and N'zoth the Zo. Dunno about Yogg'Saron.

that which can be resurrected is not really dead.
    I'm alive. You cannot resurrect me.

People are aware if Naga are introduced, it'll likely be as a Horde race or a neutral race, right?

My money's on neutral.

If they're an Alliance race, literally the only way I could see it happening is if Alleria returns, revealed to be transformed into a naga by N'zoth, and leading a Naga rebellion against Azshara, ending up becoming the Alliance Naga leader.

EDIT: We have been told. In Game. In Books. By Writers. Old Gods cannot die. Y'shaarj was the exception, as the Titans realized he was not integral to Azeroth's survival. The others are. If they die, Azeroth dies. They wake up and manifest. You kill the manifestation. They go back to sleep. The cycle continues.