Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fuck snow, fuck winter. It's cold and shitty and wet and boring. I can't ride my bike cuz it's too slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Last winter was bad enough, not really that cold. But a lot of snow, and it lasted forever.
    This summer has been rather short, but hot. And everything from heavy floods to very dry periods.

I'm hoping this winter won't come with a lot of snow, and that it is shorter. I can deal with the cold, but I absolutely hate needing to shovel snow every single day for months on end, several times a day..

I bet it is going to be a lot of snow though, I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I'm dreading it already. I'm gonna try to scrape together some money for a sunny vacation during the worst time, because I really fucking hate winter.
    I hate being cold, I hate wearing lots of clothes but most of all I hate the fucking darkness. A few hours of daylight (if it can even be called that.... more like dusk) isn't nearly enough to keep the winter depression away.
    How far north do you live? Whil I don't like the darkness, I live quite far south so we still get daylight. Wouldn't want to live up north! lol

Stockholm Kiruna
    Period Sunrise Sunset Sunrise Sunset
    January 8:47am 2:55pm Darkness 24 hours
    February 8:01am 4:01pm 8:59am 2:45pm
    March 6:48am 5:12pm 7:02am 4:41pm
    April 6:17am 7:26pm 5:52am 7:33am
    May 4:52am 8:37pm 3:43am 9:29pm
    June 3:47am 9:44pm Sun does not set
    July 3:40am 10:02pm -
    August 4:35am 9:13pm 3:02am 10:29pm
    September 5:46am 7:50pm 5:08am 8:10pm
    October 5:54am 5:21pm 5:53am 5:04pm
    November 7:08am 3:54pm 7:50am 2:55pm
    December 8:19am 2:54pm 10:14am 12:41pm
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love snow so lots of it is no problem for me

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope we get a -lot- of snow in Seattle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    If that's what you call hard winter then you wouldn't even imagine how things were here: snip pictures
    Is that Romania?

Anyway, for a big city, I think that's a good amount of snow!
    The snow wasn't what made it brutal though, it was the temperatures, there were several nights with -20 and -25, while the usual would be something around -10 or so.

Waiting for the S-Bahn in -25 isn't very funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    How far north do you live? Whil I don't like the darkness, I live quite far south so we still get daylight. Wouldn't want to live up north! lol

Stockholm Kiruna
    Period Sunrise Sunset Sunrise Sunset
    January 8:47am 2:55pm Darkness 24 hours
    February 8:01am 4:01pm 8:59am 2:45pm
    March 6:48am 5:12pm 7:02am 4:41pm
    April 6:17am 7:26pm 5:52am 7:33am
    May 4:52am 8:37pm 3:43am 9:29pm
    June 3:47am 9:44pm Sun does not set
    July 3:40am 10:02pm -
    August 4:35am 9:13pm 3:02am 10:29pm
    September 5:46am 7:50pm 5:08am 8:10pm
    October 5:54am 5:21pm 5:53am 5:04pm
    November 7:08am 3:54pm 7:50am 2:55pm
    December 8:19am 2:54pm 10:14am 12:41pm
    Turku, so in the southern part of Finland atleast. I couldn't survive living in the northern parts.

Compare sunrise - sunset today with the darkest period of the year (december):

August 17th:
    Sunrise: 05:48
    Sunset: 21:20

December 17th:
    Sunrise: 09:34
    Sunset: 15:20

That's less than 6 hours, and some of those hours being dawn/dusk. It's max 4 hours of "daylight", but during that time of the year it's cloudy pretty much all the time so you can easily go several weeks without actually experiencing daylight.

Depressing as fuck.

Deleted
    I have nothing against snow, aslong as it comes in moderate amounts. We don't need 1½ meters of snow. 15cm is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Last winter was bad enough, not really that cold. But a lot of snow, and it lasted forever.
    This summer has been rather short, but hot. And everything from heavy floods to very dry periods.

I'm hoping this winter won't come with a lot of snow, and that it is shorter. I can deal with the cold, but I absolutely hate needing to shovel snow every single day for months on end, several times a day..

I bet it is going to be a lot of snow though, I just know it.
    Where in Norway, out of curiosity?

I hate winter. Hopefully it's quick and painless with very little snow.

Deleted
    I wish! In fact Id give my left shoe (the pink one) if we just had snow for Christmas. Stupid tropical Louisiana climate

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Hey! I love Stavanger! such a beautiful place
    Hehe, I like it here too! It has been 2-3 years since we had proper snowfall tho, which is a shame. I'm from up north so I love snow in the winter. Here in Stavanger, winter is too much wind, rain and +2-4C

Where are you from?
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepysnik View Post
    Hehe, I like it here too! It has been 2-3 years since we had proper snowfall tho, which is a shame. I'm from up north so I love snow in the winter. Here in Stavanger, winter is too much wind, rain and +2-4C

Where are you from?
    I'm from München.

oh really? I thought you'd always get a huge amount of snow in Northern Norway.
    We have decent snow here for a big city.
    I wish I could visit Norway more often. Lofoten is such an amazing place...

I may actually go there this coming year.

I'm from München.

oh really? I thought you'd always get a huge amount of snow in Northern Norway.
    We have decent snow here for a big city.
    I wish I could visit Norway more often. Lofoten is such an amazing place...

I may actually go there this coming year.
    Yes in Northern Norway we always did, but Stavanger is on the south west as you probably know :P

I have some family in Lofoten, truely a place to be seen, summer or winter.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

The only thing that grinds my gears during winter is possible train/plane delays
    Mm idd, sitting at the airport waiting to travel home for christmas = and delays every year.

I love snow, and the cold so it doesn't bother me other than that you can fall any sec when you run/walk (ice+new snow ontop). Even with "spike-shooes"..

mmm but "I'm dreaming.. of a white christmas"
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Is that Romania?

Anyway, for a big city, I think that's a good amount of snow!
    The snow wasn't what made it brutal though, it was the temperatures, there were several nights with -20 and -25, while the usual would be something around -10 or so.

Waiting for the S-Bahn in -25 isn't very funny.
    Yes, that's my country in the 2011-2012 winter. Though the pictures aren't from my town in particular, my town, which, is also the capital and is polluted as hell so it's warmer, still had at least 1 meter of snow at times. Yet it sucked. Why? Because of the pollution again, in a few days after it snowed, most of the snow was shades of brown. Generally I like snow... but I like white snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes, that's my country in the 2011-2012 winter. Though the pictures aren't from my town in particular, my town, which, is also the capital and is polluted as hell so it's warmer, still had at least 1 meter of snow at times. Yet it sucked. Why? Because of the pollution again, in a few days after it snowed, most of the snow was shades of brown. Generally I like snow... but I like white snow.
    ew, yeah, that's just disgusting.

That's probably the only time I hate snow, when it starts to melt and look like... well, something disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepysnik View Post
    Yes in Northern Norway we always did, but Stavanger is on the south west as you probably know :P

I have some family in Lofoten, truely a place to be seen, summer or winter.
    Yes, I think I just mixed it up because you said you were from ''up north'', but it's ok.

And yes, Lofoten is amazing, too bad Norway is kinda expensive (well, for outsiders at least).

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    I live in Buffalo NY America. And you guys wanna talk about allot of snow. Litterly It snows or slushs 8 out of the 12 months.

This was one of the thousands of pictures of the smallest snow storms weve ever had.
    -nsow-
    THis one was in 08
    -snow-

Can you guess wich month this one is. MARCH in 07
    -More snow-
    Snowstorm in 2010
    -Even more snow-
    Ah, reminds me of the winters we had Fort Drum when I was a kid.Fun stuff.
    And they still didn't cancel school. :<

@ZANGEITI - Yeah, I'd say that's some pretty brutal snow

Buffalo eh, never thought that such a snowy city would be located in NY.
    Buffalo may as well be Canada.

I haven't seen a white winter in a very long time. It has made me a very sad person...