Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Exclamation Illegal Immigration!

I view America as a big pie, and for each new person we let in that slice of the pie shrinks a little bit for everyone else. So how much of your slice are you willing to give up? When is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I view America as a big pie, and for each new person we let in that slice of the pie shrinks a little bit for everyone else. So how much of your slice are you willing to give up? When is too much?
    I should have used this argument when my wife started talking about having kids.

Deleted
    even 1 illegal immigrant is too much, hence the reason it is illegal, it is a criminal offense. I would ask what you are trying to get at but I have been on this forum long enough to recognize your threads, welcome back from your ban by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immigration is necessary in order to keep the population and by extension economy growing, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can have the bland crust.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Its a horrible analogy when the illegal immigrants are part of the workforce making pie, while the legal residents get to leech from their cheap labor.

Illegal immigration is bad because it allows society to build a system were the immigrant worker is exploited, and it doesn't allow that person to climb up the ladder of the capitalist system.

The worst part, sometimes, this is such an improvement to their lifes over their country of origin, that they don't mind being oppressed.
    Yeah, all cool bro except for they don't pay taxes.

Yeah, all cool bro except for they don't pay taxes.

Yeah, all cool bro, but they do.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...ntstaxes_N.htm

15+ Year Old Account
    What happens when that pie is constantly getting bigger?

It's almost like magic.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant be easy not to be able to compete with peple with less possibilities than you in life.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, kinda flimsy analogy since it would still shrink for each legal immigrant too, right?

Any illegal immigration sucks, I only feel for the kids who came here young against their will and don't know anything different than the U.S.

I once worked for a woman who was from Jamaica originally, it was interesting hearing her take on the issue and the sense of unfairness of people who are basically trying to cut ahead in line while she went through all the paper work and had to wait for her chance to come here, legally, and had family members still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Go to a store, and you will be taxed regardless of immigration status.
    Mine doesn't have sales tax, so they get more of a free ride here. :\
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-08-18 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Immigration is necessary in order to keep the population and by extension economy growing, period.
    No, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    even 1 illegal immigrant is too much, hence the reason it is illegal, it is a criminal offense. I would ask what you are trying to get at but I have been on this forum long enough to recognize your threads, welcome back from your ban by the way.
    This.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not at all. Even less so for illegal immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Not at all. Even less so for illegal immigrants.
    If you don't think 11M people walking out of your country would negatively affect your economy well.....

Not saying illegals are "right" but c'mon....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    If you don't think 11M people walking out of your country would negatively affect your economy well.....

Not saying illegals are "right" but c'mon....
    There's not 11 million people in my country. Immigrants, even legal ones are something that I take huge issue with depending on where they come from, illegal ones should just be deported instantly and so should certain groups of immigrants aswell preferrably.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-08-18 at 02:31 AM.

. Immigrants, even legal ones are something that I take huge issue with depending on where they come from.
    Sounds racist enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Sounds racist enough.
    Don't care if it sounds racist or not, their crime rates are unacceptable.

What happens if the pie was really a cake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care if it sounds racist or not, their crime rates are unacceptable.
    Can't tell if serious or really that ignorant

15+ Year Old Account
    The question isn't if it is illegal or not, cos it is.
    But in OP's topic it's how xenophobic you can get with his doomsday wording.

WE ARE ALL GONNE DIE!!!! sort of thing.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Can't tell if serious or really that ignorant
    When they're a minority in the country but are as grossly overrepresented in certain crimes, then it is a problem. Immigrants as a whole outnumber the natives in crimes(Just 2 regions alone come close to 50% representation with them being a minority) committed in certain crimes, despite being a minority in the country. Fun, eh?