Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Age really does not have much to do with it as many have said.

That being said there is 12 years difference between my wife and myself. Met her when she was 22 and I was 34. 15 years laters and 3 awesome boys we are still together and happy.

Deleted
    Your friend is weird not you. Few years here or there, who cares as long as you enjoy eachothers company. No stupid teen drama and all that shit!

Problem I have is that I'm 26 but 17-year olds are still hot as fuck.

Deleted
    I'd never be together with someone who is younger than me, it would feel weird. I've always been in a relationship with people who are older than me by a 1-3 years mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'd never be together with someone who is younger than me, it would feel weird. I've always been in a relationship with people who are older than me by a 1-3 years mostly.
    Are you a girl? Then you are what I was used to until now. I got shot down by girls around my age +/- 1 because "I wasn't old enough for them".....

Nothing wrong with being with someone older, happens all the time and has always happened. Just do what you got to do and fuck what everyone else thinks.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Are you a girl? Then you are what I was used to until now. I got shot down by girls around my age +/- 1 because "I wasn't old enough for them".....
    Yeah, I am. It just feels wrong to be with someone who would be younger than me.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-08-18 at 03:03 PM.

Because it shows commitment and endurance. You also need some certain level of smartness to accomplish that. Considering the fact that she moved to Germany just 7 years ago and mastered the language to an incredible level. Good enough to study and finish architecture on German. She's smart, and smart is sexy.

- - - Updated - - -

And you show zero maturity with your shitposting. Good job on that.
    So younger people can't have commitment or endurance, can't learn German, and can't be smart?

I don't understand what that has to do with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So younger people can't have commitment or endurance, can't learn German, and can't be smart?

I don't understand what that has to do with age.
    They can. Usually they are not. Are you seriously arguing that given more age, people can't learn more and achieve more, thus having more experience in total?

Well, it's not like a girl of your age could never be like that either, or are you saying she would have been a worse girlfriend if she was 24?

I'm saying that you shouldn't disregard people your age just because your girlfriend is older and has had more time to accomplish things.

Basically you're saying if your GF was 24 now instead of 31, you wouldn't be interested because she's not experienced. So basically, you're telling me you like her for her age, not for who she is. Which implies you like any older woman, so her accomplishments mean nothing.

I'm saying that you shouldn't disregard people your age just because your girlfriend is older and has had more time to accomplish things.

Basically you're saying if your GF was 24 now instead of 31, you wouldn't be interested because she's not experienced. So basically, you're telling me you like her for her age, not for who she is. Which implies you like any older woman, so her accomplishments mean nothing.
    I'm saying I tried out shit tons of girls in my age group and younger ones. Either I was just extremely unlucky, or I they are simply immature and don't have the right focus in life.

Why does her having a masters and bachelors at 31 seem like an accomplishment? I'll have my masters by age 23 or 24.
    dont get hurt patting yourself on the back. he was just saying she had it

Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    No offense but I thought the quote was "Men age like fine wine and women age like milk"
    Haha, nice one. xD

OT: It depends I guess, my friends cousin is 40 and whenever he's around he fits in perfectly (we're all 22-24), he does the same stupid stuff we do. The biggest difference is he has a hangover that's about 10x worse then anyone elses I've ever seen. So I guess it depends on how mature/immature they are, never dated an older chick yet so I wouldn't know what it's like.

Edit: I also know young people who are already pretty mature, so again, depends on the person and not his/her age I guess.

They can. Usually they are not. Are you seriously arguing that given more age, people can't learn more and achieve more, thus having more experience in total?
    Going with that argument. Unless you are special snowflake, one of a kind super man there, there is a woman that would fit your needs at your age, if not younger. Then if you were to find that woman, she would be even better than the person you are currently with by the time she reaches that age.

I agree that age doesn't mean much in a relationship, but if you didn't come off as such a self-centered "I'm too good for everyone" kind of person I probably wouldn't even have a problem with any of your posts. You started a thread purely to brag about someone you found, complain that someone you know gave you shit for it, and insult everyone younger than you.

I've been with the same guy for 8 years, he's 2 months older than me, we're both emotionally stable, financially sound, and if anything, I am slightly more mature than him even though I am slightly younger (ps: since you brought it up, I have been with both younger and older men, he is the best at sex... it's possible that has nothing to do with age too!). Age basically stops meaning anything as soon as puberty completely ends, this is why the age of consent is around 17-18.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Going with that argument. Unless you are special snowflake, one of a kind super man there, there is a woman that would fit your needs at your age, if not younger. Then if you were to find that woman, she would be even better than the person you are currently with by the time she reaches that age.

I agree that age doesn't mean much in a relationship, but if you didn't come off as such a self-centered "I'm too good for everyone" kind of person I probably wouldn't even have a problem with any of your posts. You started a thread purely to brag about someone you found, complain that someone you know gave you shit for it, and insult everyone younger than you.

I've been with the same guy for 8 years, he's 2 months older than me, we're both emotionally stable, financially sound, and if anything, I am slightly more mature than him even though I am slightly younger (ps: since you brought it up, I have been with both younger and older men, he is the best at sex... it's possible that has nothing to do with age too!). Age basically stops meaning anything as soon as puberty completely ends, this is why the age of consent is around 17-18.
    Yup. That's pretty much what I did. I was interested in seeing how many people here also had similar experiences with dating older people. So far nobody said "dating older people is shit". That's what a board is for, you know? And yes, I am very self centered and that's the reason why I simply cannot stand younger women who tend to be exactly the same as me. I need someone who is compassionate and caring. Traits I've been missing so far in my previous relationships.

Obviously this board is full of young people who are biased towards themselves when it comes to maturity and what young people can achieve. But one camp is confirming my experiences, the others seem to be pissed off because I called them immature. Which is kinda ironic.

And no, age means a lot, albeit being at the end of puberty means jack shit. Otherwise you would suggest people are the same at the age of 18 and 27, which is simply not true.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-08-18 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the same situation personally but my mum and dad have an 8 year age gap, so this isn't really strange to me. I think they started dating when my dad was mid 20s also, my mum being the older one.

Yeah my parents have a 9 year gap with my dad being the older one. I've also dated a chick from Argentina who came here for awhile and she was 29 and I was 21. Let me tell you the sex was great

Yup. That's pretty much what I did. I was interested in seeing how many people here also had similar experiences with dating older people. So far nobody said "dating older people is shit". That's what a board is for, you know? And yes, I am very self centered and that's the reason why I simply cannot stand younger women who tend to be exactly the same as me. I need someone who is compassionate and caring. Traits I've been missing so far in my previous relationships.

Obviously this board is full of young people who are biased towards themselves when it comes to maturity and what young people can achieve. But one camp is confirming my experiences, the others seem to be pissed off because I called them immature. Which is kinda ironic.

And no, age means a lot, albeit being at the end of puberty means jack shit. Otherwise you would suggest people are the same at the age of 18 and 27, which is simply not true.
    Which is exactly why I have never liked you on these boards. You don't want a mate, you want someone who will put up with you and allow you to gloat and leech of their kindness and generosity. You aren't going into a relationship for the other person, you are going into it for yourself. This isn't how I view healthy, lasting, happy relationships... So to quote Bon Jovi: "You give love a bad name".

As far as being biased about their own maturity, I am sure quite a few people are. I can also assure you I'm not as much as you would hate to believe that there is someone who can actually be honest and open about themselves and how they act. I can readily admit all my bad traits as well as my good ones, I even drive myself insane debating my own ideas endlessly to make certain I come to proper conclusions. But nice try hinting that I might be immature.

As far as puberty goes. It isn't always over right at 18, and no it isn't the only factor. As long as hormones are raging people will not quite be themselves, and from the ages of 14-18 there is easily thousands of horrible decisions people won't make the next four years. If you were to put it on a chart, there would be a steep decline in bad decisions made as people age, because we learn from experiences. The point I am making though, is that the rate of change as people get older goes down. From birth til the end of puberty is the most active time of change. After which everything starts slowing down and people become set in their ways and don't actually change all that much mentally. You should talk with your elderly more, many of them are just as they were in their 20's-30's, but in an older, beaten up body.

Honestly, I don't think it matters any. I'm 35 now, I went out with a guy 9 years younger than me for almost 2 years.

I'm now planning my wedding to a guy 6 years older, age doesn't matter one bit, ignore your mate
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.