Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wich Keyboard to buy?

This is probably a repost; but i really need some good advice...

I'm playing mainly wow (with a very old dell keyboard), i would like to upgrade, wich one has your preference?

Razer Blackwidow?
    Razer Anansi?
    Steelseries G7?
    Any mystery keyboard is should know off?

If you like shiny lights get the razer bw

Deleted
    IMO stay away from razer and get one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191

Personally i love the Corsair Keyboards the K70 and K95 very sexy with there red cherry switches and they come in silver or black

g710+ logitech, love it since i have it... only bad thing, it is a bit expensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    IMO stay away from razer and get one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191
    Razer is not this awful brand that should be steered clear from. Yeah, i admit, the durability of their products isn't quite as good as some others. But from my experience, buying the extended warranty from them solves most of their reliability issues. If you get a poorer quality product from them, theres a good chance it won't last more than 2 years. Razer's customer support is phenomenal and i've even had them replace products outside of warranty. For free. They replace it no questions asked if it's within the warranty period.

And you have to admit...their products (namely their keyboards and mice) look damn cool. Now, i can't say i'm a huge fan of their headsets cause the mics are usually ehhh on some of their lower models and their higher models are pretty gimmicky. But, i'd still consider the BlackWidow, as an example, to be a decent buy. I love how that keyboard looks and i've yet to see a keyboard that compares. I do wish that they made mechanical keyboards with cherry reds instead of blues and browns, however, and that's their biggest downfall. For someone who wants Cherry Red switches Razer is not an option. But i would never compare Razer's products to, say, logisys for PSU's or Foxconn for Motherboards (or Biostar).

I use a CM Storm quickfire pro and have loved it since day one. Sturdy, reliable, and hasn't given me one problem. Also it's priced lower than most mechanical keyboards yet has the highest/higher rating over A LOT of other keyboards that are priced at almost double/triple as it is. Would definitely look into it.

Kinda depends where you are from..

But ye these work from my exp:

Razer blackwidow(blues are noisy for me taste though and stealth is US only layout)
    Ducky shine, pretty much anything you want, they have, exept macro buttons
    Das Keyboard
    Logitech 710+ (only keyboard that I know of to have silencing o-rings installed pre-purchace)
    Filco
    Corsair K70 or K95, both are really good, but only red switches available atm, so if you want a click, it's a no go

Am sure I missed some ok ones, but those are the ones I kinda like. And as I said logitech has O-rings installed as default, so if you don't like them, you need to remove them, and it ain't a deal maker either, as you can buy O-rings for quite cheap if you know the diameters. Installing them to my K95 took around 10 mins..

Anyways my advise: Find a retailer that has keyboards on show, and test out which type you like the most(red, black, blue, brown,(white) or rubber dome). And make your decision based on that. I mean none are really "bad" per say, but they are a lot different from each other. So getting what you like is kinda important as mechanicals at least tend to not break down.

I prefer the Roccat Isku keyboard.

It looks great and works like a charm. It also has half-height keys, which I really prefer over any other key-height.

If you'd like to wait, there's the new Roccat Ryos mechanical keyboard series coming soon. The Roccat Ryos MK PRO is the best and most expensive of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

microsoft sidewinder x4
    best non-mechanical kb
    /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    microsoft sidewinder x4
    best non-mechanical kb
    /thread
    I got one recently, I am using it now............and I'm not convinced. The keys feel a bit mushy compared to my old bargain basement generic keyboard (though that is a subjective assessment) and every now and then a key won't release properly (most of the time the result of this being my character continues to run after I release the key, which can be hazardous to ones health in a raid).

Other than that I like it, it's still a good keyboard, but I am not ready to label it the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using the Saitek Eclipse keyboards for years, in fact I still have the first one I purchased down at the community centre I run games nights out of.
    I currently use the Saitek Cyborg - pritty nice keyboard but the Macro buttons on the side are things I don't use. I really wanted the Star Wars keyboard and mouse but didn't fancy Razors pricing lol.

Razer Blackwidow back-lit

The software allows you to map any keyboard/mouse button or macro or script or program to any key anywhere on the board. Logitech doesn't do that. Also if you have a razer naga, you can do the same with that as well.

If you want a good gaming keyboard, then going full mechanical is your best option.

I prefer a PS/2 connection as opposed to a USB as it is more direct and responsive (assuming your computer has a PS/2 input, which it should). With this type of connection, you can press as many keys as you want simultaneously and all the signals will be transmitted, which is not necessarily the case with a USB keyboard.

I personally own a Ducky 9008 full mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown key-switches. You can browse Ducky's keyboard line here. These key-switches are the best combination of typing tactility and gaming performance. Ducky keyboards are not as well known in the USA, but are extremely popular in the East especially among professional gamers. Razer does make a line of gaming keyboards, but they are hit or miss reliability-wise, typically use Cherry MX Blue switches (which are not optimal for gaming, though they do make a hard-to-find edition with the Browns), and are USB only.

Really, if you want to learn a lot about keyboards, you should read the amazing mechanical keyboard guide at overclock.net, found here: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2013-08-19 at 10:22 AM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    This is probably a repost; but i really need some good advice...

I'm playing mainly wow (with a very old dell keyboard), i would like to upgrade, wich one has your preference?

Razer Blackwidow?
    Razer Anansi?
    Steelseries G7?
    Any mystery keyboard is should know off?
    If you're willing to spend the money for a BW, I would say disregard the Anansi. Yeah, it has alot of bells and whistles, but it's still a membrane keyboard. I would say take a look at the Corsair K70. Fully mechanical cherry red switches, and has a great brushed metal look.

I use this one;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...stealth%20merc

Well, I have the Ideazon version which is the same thing. Steelseries acquired them in 2008. This keyboard has lasted THAT long.

ty for the very interesting input!

There's something else i'm wondering about now. From what i can see, there are 3 ways to make macro's if you're playing wow. One method is making them directly into wow; another method is making them with the software you get along with your keyboard (wich let you map out macro buttons on your keyboard), or the thirth method wich is making the macro's directly in the onboard memory on your keyboard (wich are the more expensive keyboards).

Are all 3 ways equal ? Or has one way the advantage above the other?

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    ty for the very interesting input!

There's something else i'm wondering about now. From what i can see, there are 3 ways to make macro's if you're playing wow. One method is making them directly into wow; another method is making them with the software you get along with your keyboard (wich let you map out macro buttons on your keyboard), or the thirth method wich is making the macro's directly in the onboard memory on your keyboard (wich are the more expensive keyboards).

Are all 3 ways equal ? Or has one way the advantage above the other?
    Some games don't allow macroes at all, and well then you can really only do those with onboard memory. Else than that there ain't really much difference between onboard and program run macroes. Ofc with a program it takes resources from your cpu, but mostly that is a small number.

There is a difference when comparing to WoW's macroes, as you can add additional utilities to those, for example the macro I use with my mage lets me do Berserking, PoM, Engineering gloves, alter time and Pyroblast with 1 button press. Which you can then drag to your action bar, and keybind to any key on your keyboard(or combination of keys, which you then macro to your macro buttons with onboard or program run macro program). For most people the wow's internal macro ui is enough though, as you don't really need more than 20 or so buttons to play WoW, but if you are like me, even having dedicated macro buttons on my keyboard, I have managed to run out of key's to press when playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal plank, when I'm not using my laptop's keyboard.

Very comfortable.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Corsair K95 keyboard and it's fantastic.