Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They are looking for the Egg of Mantumbi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Honestly, it's less spoken of, but we don't want you there either :P lol But yeah, that's definitely more preferable lol.
    Shhhhhh... it's okay, just give in to America. You'll be happier... everything is cheaper here...

except health care... it's easier to get pills though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Shhhhhh... it's okay, just give in to America. You'll be happier...
    *rape whistle*
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Its because other countries ,United states and Russia, has made claims in the past that they own this part of Canadian territory because canada is not putting a proper defense for them. United states last claim was from Richard Nixon, which sent ships there and the Prime minister of Canada at the time, pierre elliott trudeau, found out and said he was sending this straight to the UN. Richard Nixon backed off and it was never spoken off again. Now in recent time comes Russia, which claims the zone should be on Russia territory, despite the fact that by rules the sediment of the sea floor makes it part of north america and thereby Canada territory.

But why is this piece of planet earth with nothing but water and ice on it so important? Because in a few decades this is the next Panama. When the ice land are getting thinner, this make for a quicker route to the pacific. Who ever control this part of the world, will earn the reward of having one of the most used sea travel path in the world, oh also theres oil down there. Thats why Canada is defending it, any other country that would have such a possible market advantage in the future will be defending it. Any country that believe it could make a claim for it will attempt,;Russia. At the end of the day Canada was already given legitimate hold of this land and United states understand the benefit of having a direct ally to hold such a position on the map, unless Russia is willing open war with the allies i dont really see a point to any of this, its talk for talk.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2013-08-19 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Its because other countries ,United states and Russia, has made claims in the past that they own this part of Canadian territory because canada is not putting a proper defense for them. United states last claim was from Richard Nixon, which sent ships there and the Prime minister of Canada at the time, pierre elliott trudeau, found out and said he was sending this straight to the UN. Richard Nixon backed off and it was never spoken off again. Now in recent time comes Russia, which claims the zone should be on Russia territory, despite the fact that by rules the sediment of the sea floor makes it part of north america and thereby Canada territory.

But why is this piece of planet earth with nothing but water and ice on it so important? Because in a few decades this is the next Panama. When the ice land are getting thinner, this make for a quicker route to the pacific. Who ever control this part of the world, will earn the reward of having one of the most used sea travel path in the world, oh also theres oil down there. Thats why Canada is defending it, any other country that would have such a possible market advantage in the future will be defending it. Any country that believe it could make a claim for it will attempt, Russia. At the end of the day Canada was already given legitimate hold of this land, unless Russia is willing open war with the allies i dont really see a point to any of this, its talk for talk.
    What do you think Russia's been doing for the past 10 years if not pissing off it's allies and flexing its bulge? I'd say Russia impugning Canadian sovereignty over the Arctic isn't just possible, it's probable. If we could get (I hate using it, but it's Canada so it's somewhat necessary) Liberals to stop getting their shit in a twist over it. We could do more to protect it today than we already do. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Russian subs floating around under there right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it's less spoken of, but we don't want you there either :P lol But yeah, that's definitely more preferable lol.
    What are you gonna do, wag your finger at us? We have Bears to counter your bears, and Bison to back them up!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    What are you gonna do, wag your finger at us? We have Bears to counter your bears, and Bison to back them up!
    Hey we got bison too sucka!

Hard as it is to wrap one's head around (because of our wide-spread use of the Mercator map), Canada is right next-door to Russia. Here's a Dymaxion map for reference:
    I love different map views. And it's not just Canada up there with Russia. US, Iceland, Norway, and more have claims in arctic waters.

Although, I thought this story was old. Canada re-did its navy a couple years ago, I thought, for this purpose.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

What do you think Russia's been doing for the past 10 years if not pissing off it's allies and flexing its bulge? I'd say Russia impugning Canadian sovereignty over the Arctic isn't just possible, it's probable. If we could get (I hate using it, but it's Canada so it's somewhat necessary) Liberals to stop getting their shit in a twist over it. We could do more to protect it today than we already do. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some Russian subs floating around under there right now.
    Them traveling under it with sub is of no issue, has they have no claim. They would have to go against the wish of the UN, which is not something easy to do when its going against United states and United Kingdoms will. Canada is at no risk from Russia. When the ice melt, all the taxes for travelers will be going to Canada, unless Russia can prove to the UN that part of it is the sediment from their territory, which was already proven to be false.

Its really not Russia vs Canada for this fight, United states and the UK wants Canada to own this part of land and i really dont see what Russia can do. Canada redid its navy just for that with the help of the US. Were America see its interest it will help and having Canada own the next Panama and more oil, is up there at the top of the list in the next few decades. Just leave it to Uncle Sam.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2013-08-19 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey we got bison too sucka!
    We have (or did until 1900's) Jaguars! Take THAT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I love different map views.
    Me too, honestly. It's weird, but just turning the globe in a different direction can make you see the world in a whole new way.

If you guys really want to stop Putin from literally flexing his muscles 24/7

Your going to have to come up with something more badass than a stealth snowmobile like :

Last edited by frogger237; 2013-08-19 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me too, honestly. It's weird, but just turning the globe in a different direction can make you see the world in a whole new way.
    Sounds like you should take some basic geography courses. All the fun of maps, with none of the nitty gritty us Geography majors had to do!

Holy image size batman!

Like... oh yeah, Alaska is RIGHT THERE. Crap.

/USA waits for Canada to find the oil, starts war.

KIDDING! ...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Them traveling under it with sub is of no issue, has they have no claim. They would have to go against the wish of the UN, which is not something easy to do when its going against United states and United Kingdoms will. Canada is at no risk from Russia. When the ice melt, all the taxes for travelers will be going to Canada, unless Russia can prove to the UN that part of it is the sediment from their territory, which was already proven to be false.

Its really not Russia vs Canada for this fight, United states and the UK wants Canada to own this part of land and i really dont see what Russia can do. Canada redid its navy just for that with the help of the US. Were America see its interest it will help and having Canada own the next Panama and more oil, is up there at the top of the list in the next few decades.
    Again it's all good on paper and I hope nothing ever comes from it, truly. It wasn't that long ago that there was a literal War on the east coast between Canada and the UK versus Spain. Over fishing trawlers. Mean letters and finger wagging didn't stop that one. Halifax frigates did.

- - - Updated - - -

KIDDING! ...maybe.
    Well there is the Beaufort Sea.

Deleted
    After some searching, I managed to find a Picture of the stealth snowmobile.

KIDDING! ...maybe.
    United states was one of the first to support Canada claims to the territory after Richard Nixon. Since Canada is already building pipelines all over the place to send oil to the US i dont see why Uncle Sam would bother to do anything about it but help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sounds like you should take some basic geography courses. All the fun of maps, with none of the nitty gritty us Geography majors had to do!

KIDDING! ...maybe.
    I figure I'll just drop this here.

Well there is the Beaufort Sea.
    Wait until the Battle of Lake Superior, and the Storming of International Falls.

It goes down like this: Oh, you like hockey? We like hockey! Oh, you like cheese curds? We like cheese curds! You heard of poutine? Hahaha, good fight, where's the beer?