Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    25 man.

260 wipes worth. This boss was pretty much the true meaning of a progression boss. P1 was pretty much just figuring out when to move him from platform to platform. Some wipes, but not too much.

Transition 1 had a lot of wipes. Helm of Command can be deadly if people aren't prepared. Everything hits harder than normal. People getting static shock that can't immune/CD can also hurt if everyone isn't topped off.

P2 has some wipes with our arc people being too close or not enough people out. Also, had some missed stuns on Balls and they would just eat us alive.

Transition 2 (when we got that far) was always our undoing for a while. Either too many adds would be out, people would stack too early and get Chained, or just bad communication with Static Shock.

We really didn't make it to the last phase with everyone alive until around wipe 220 I would guess. But once we got that far, and people got some practice doing that phase, we got one of our cleanest progression kills ever. We had everyone alive.

Hell of a fight though. Kudos to Blizz for a great tier. Hope they keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the average pulls for a 25 man guild is around the 250-300 mark, most pulls when learning this fight look ugly as sin, but once people "get it" the fight is actually easier to repeat kill then many of the others bosses in the instance. People just need to get the fight rhythm down and handle transitions properly.

It still amazes me at how much easier the 10 man version of this fight is.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

25 man still progressing. 110 wipes so far and we are getting to p3 consistently. The 1st transition is where most of our wipes occur. The 2nd is a joke in comparison to the 1st. We only have 2 locks which can make for a rough p3 sometimes, usually the 1st thunderstruck

260 pulls or so, killed it pre-meta gems.

What you describe in the OP doesn't seem that unusual, you'll wipe at each stage of the fight a lot to various mistakes, and when you get to p3 consistently you've very close to killing it. I'd say we only got to p3 maybe 20 times out of all those pulls.

Deleted
    In 25 HC how long can you keep the boss in middle if you want to skip the bouncing ball conduit in phase 2? at what % Lei shen needs to be about to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    In 25 HC how long can you keep the boss in middle if you want to skip the bouncing ball conduit in phase 2?
    Keeping the boss in the middle for longer than couple of seconds would be harder than any other tactic you can think of.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    In 25 HC how long can you keep the boss in middle if you want to skip the bouncing ball conduit in phase 2? at what % Lei shen needs to be about to do this?
    Depends on your dps entirely? If it's really good, you could reach 30% before you have to go to that quadrant at all, by levelling both Diffuse and Overcharge once.

Though I'm not sure what you're hoping to gain from this. If you do it at the end, you can reach 30% with really low hp and potentially get killed by Diffuse or some other damage. If you try to do it for few seconds before switching quadrants, it wouldn't be quite that bad, except it would probably screw your timers and force you to spawn balls during Overcharge or something.

And all that just to avoid soaking single round of Bolts or slightly lowering their damage during intermission? Unless you mess up your timers really bad, there's a lot of time between Bolts and Ball Lightning.

25 man heroic - 287 pulls. Main culprits were disconnects after Thunderstruck in Phase 1, doing it with 1-2 Warlocks or 1 DK, having just a few engineers in the raid (which completely negates Helm if you're in a pinch, barring an unlucky leak), and not maximizing class abilities like Vortex, Roar, secondary stuns, glyphed CoC, etc. Also the different quadrants became kind of cliquey after awhile and started jumping down each other's throats for bad overcharges.

The fight itself didn't feel all that challenging in the gear we were doing it in, so it ended up being a snoozefest to see person after person either DC or fall off the platform. We were going into Phase 3 without any bresses up and that wasn't going to happen. A couple of folks even brought up the fact that it would have been a kill on our multiple sub 1-2% wipes had we been Horde. Unfortunately it's true, as our 4 Mages brute force it with a huge combust at the beginning of the phase and a berserking would further amplify it with 20% more ticks and being able to fit another Pyro in the ignite window.

I really, really hope the input lag fix in 5.4 does something to alleviate DCs and improves overall player performance. Class stacking is another issue entirely and we're not hardcore enough to make people level alts, nor did we go crazy on the guild recruitment forum to get what we needed for a faster kill. That approach sets our progression on class stack bosses back a couple of weeks but it eventually does die, just a lot of attempts later and in the long run it's for the better that you didn't pay for a mercenary transfer that genuinely wasn't interested in your guild in the first place.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-08-29 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    25 man heroic - 287 pulls. Main culprits were disconnects after Thunderstruck in Phase 1, doing it with 1-2 Warlocks or 1 DK, having just a few engineers in the raid (which completely negates Helm if you're in a pinch, barring an unlucky leak), and not maximizing class abilities like Vortex, Roar, secondary stuns, glyphed CoC, etc. Also the different quadrants became kind of cliquey after awhile and started jumping down each other's throats for bad overcharges.

The fight itself didn't feel all that challenging in the gear we were doing it in, so it ended up being a snoozefest to see person after person either DC or fall off the platform. We were going into Phase 3 without any bresses up and that wasn't going to happen. A couple of folks even brought up the fact that it would have been a kill on our multiple sub 1-2% wipes had we been Horde. Unfortunately it's true, as our 4 Mages brute force it with a huge combust at the beginning of the phase and a berserking would further amplify it with 20% more ticks and being able to fit another Pyro in the ignite window.

I really, really hope the input lag fix in 5.4 does something to alleviate DCs and improves overall player performance. Class stacking is another issue entirely and we're not hardcore enough to make people level alts, nor did we go crazy on the guild recruitment forum to get what we needed for a faster kill. That approach sets our progression on class stack bosses back a couple of weeks but it eventually does die, just a lot of attempts later and in the long run it's for the better that you didn't pay for a mercenary transfer that genuinely wasn't interested in your guild in the first place.
    Gotta have them DKs and 3 brezzes for them in P3 for the inevitable Staic Shock on DKs.