Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    There's dickheads everywhere, you can't necessarily remove them from the internet. As long as people are under the presumption that they're 100% safe behind a keyboard, they'll continue to be keyboard warriors.

    People don't troll for "lulz" or to make others mad, they do it because their own lives suck, it's that simple.

    As for people intentionally wiping a raid. I'd like to know what mechanics could be abused to wipe a LFR encounter. 3/4 the raid can be dead and your LFR encounter can still be easily beaten before an enrage timer, it's a ridiculously watered down version of even a normal raid.

    The ONLY type of real trolling I've seen recently came on Stone Guards on an alt.

    Two tanks from a guild "Encore" on Illidan were trolling on Stone Guards and kept stoning the raid to reset the bosses. They thought this was absolutely hilarious each time too and they couldn't be kicked because everyone said they encountered a "4 hour wait timer".

    Mind you, Encore used to be a World 50 Top Guild but apparently they take anyone who wants in now days since they're no longer anywhere near the top of who they used to be. It's sad man, this community absolutely disgusts me.

    All everyone cares about is epics because Blizzard has created this sense of entitlement rather than a sense of reward and appreciation. I sincerely hope they require characters to have 10/10 Gold to even use the queue system for LFR. Will this kill off all the trolls? No, nothing will. Put everyone's face/name and address in the "Inspect" player window, let's see how many trolls there are then and how many "Keyboard Warriors" there are then. That would be dangerous for innocent players as well though so that won't happen.

    However, requiring people to complete Gold Proving Grounds to prove that they have the intelligence level above a Goldfish would be a great start though. Also: DPS tests to make sure they're doing at least 50% of the optimal DPS they should be doing at their ilvl would be a great start too... not that I don't thoroughly enjoy long ass runs because the majority of the bad dps are just sitting there doing 30-50k dps (somehow...).

    It's just like the dickwads who did 5-9k dps in Cata LFR who seemed to win a lot of the items.

  2. #82
    Been wiping raids for fun in LFR since Cata lol. I don't think people siding with garrosh or not will change this.
    Mymm <Encore> - Retired
    Mal'Ganis

  3. #83
    You forgott that Everyone can use BLOOOOOOOOOOODLUST / HEROOOOOOOO, well 25% haste, instead of 30%, but still.. And you do get the Sated debuff.
    Hell it's going to be like when you are eating dinner at your girlfriend's house, just wishing it will end..

  4. #84
    I was never a fan of removing Attunements from the game, if anything now they would be more reasonable to do. In an end game that requires you to have a certain understanding of the game idiot tests need to be present even if they aren't ridiculously difficult in terms of gear but making wrong moves will cause you to have to retry. There really isn't enough idiot tests in the leveling portion of this game. I appreciate all new players but it's unreasonable for the game to allow them to do end-game content without any sort of clue due to a lack of trials to improve their abilities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Been wiping raids for fun in LFR since Cata lol. I don't think people siding with garrosh or not will change this.
    I am definitely aware that people have been doing this for some time but have had very little incentive to do so other than their own personal entertainment. People who do this for personal entertainment will continue to do it but the nature of the lore is going to guide more people down this path simply because there are people who actually want to side with Garrosh and if they want to badly enough they will go out of their way to try. If they have fun doing this sort of thing they will become repeat offenders.

    The frequency of these sorts of things is going to increase that is a guarantee. How much is the real question.

  5. #85
    I STRONGLY doubt some people are gonna wipe LFR groups cause they like Garrosh. I can see people wiping groups because they are trolls and that has been happening since LFR was introduced. Will LFR be harder due to some people choosing Flex raiding, yes. LFR won't be impossible though nor will it be a wipe fest every time you get in one or a majority of the time. The opening is being a bit silly if he HONESTLY thinks that people in LFR will wipe groups so they can side with Garrosh or had any desire in the past before LFR, but couldn't due to the fear of black listing.

  6. #86
    Brewmaster Methusula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Are you LFR's prepared for the people who will be intentionally wiping your raids?

    As I have been talking to more people it's starting to become more evident that SoO LFR is going to be one of the most interesting experiences this game has recently had.

    Trolls have always existed in this game Ninja'ing your loot and wiping your group but never has such an opportunity presented itself where a significant enough percentage of a player base wants to side with Garrosh Hellscream to the point of intentionally wiping Raids.

    I have talked to a fair number of geared people who plan to LFR simply for this purpose and many others with LFR quality gear planning to do the same. I think this is going to be one of the most interesting raiding experiences in some time(I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.)

    The odds of getting a LFR without at least 1 person who will scheme against your raid I feel is very slim. These players are going to try and poison the rest of LFR players into doing the same thing simply to experience the game in a different way that they may find fun.(At others expense)

    I'm sure enough of you will have your flex, normal and Heroic raids in which you can guild kick any who pull this kind of crap but I'm curious as to whether or not LFR players are making any preparations for this inevitability.

    What are your guys thoughts on wiping LFR in the name of Garrosh, in the name of creativity or in the name of flat out harassment(all the motivation a real troll needs)

    Opinion Update: Flex raiding will give most LFR's, who only do it do to lack of time to commit to normal raiding, the option to leave. This means the more experienced players who LFR will be reducing, proportionately increasing the number of inexperienced players and LFR Trolls into the overall experience.
    This is one of the chinciest theories I have seen in like, forever.

  7. #87
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think you might be stirring up something that doesn't exist (like the "omg, everyone wearing vanity helms is getting kicked from LFR") - until I see something like this really happen I won't imagine it actually does.
    The last place that I encountered really determined trolls in LFR was the Morchock trash.

    Like people have said, two things:

    1) Blizzard will nerf/remove mechanics that people can (ab)use to grief groups.
    2) People who do this are subject to reporting and bans.

  8. #88
    Not sure if this had been said already... But people have been pulling the whole area before meg since it was released. Trolls will be trolls.

  9. #89
    Epic! Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,743
    The only person who has the power to do this is a tank. Simply have the 2nd tank die due to not taunting, and then die yourself. So anyone who has a level 90 Monk/Pally/DK/Druid/Warrior of the minimum itemlevel can do this. We'll see how it turns out when we get there, but I anticipate kicking a lot of people. Although considering I can likely solo tank most LFR fights again, I doubt these griefers will affect me too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

  10. #90
    Noby will whippe on Garrosh, he will give special like BoA and nobody want to miss a chance to roll on that

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Noby will whippe on Garrosh, he will give special like BoA and nobody want to miss a chance to roll on that
    BoA Heirlooms are reported to not be present on LFR so that is not an incentive to anyone except those who are misinformed and actually believe there is a chance.

  12. #92
    Legendary! Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    6,915
    Just imagine LFR being implemented during Karazhan, that mage boss would be notorious, "STOP FUCKING MOVING!!!", you know... That kind of thing.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What can one person do to wipe a raid in LFR, I ask?
    It's pretty easy, depending on your class. As a Hpally all I have to do is BoP both tanks, when that wears off Hand of Salv both tanks and watch the boss wreck half the DPS. It's kind of funny actually.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Just imagine LFR being implemented during Karazhan, that mage boss would be notorious, "STOP FUCKING MOVING!!!", you know... That kind of thing.
    Shade would be a nightmare in LFR but pretty hilarious the first few times of people having absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

  15. #95
    lol OP do you really believe in the shit you think or you are just another failed experiment of humankind?

  16. #96
    Legendary! Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Shade would be a nightmare in LFR but pretty hilarious the first few times of people having absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.
    May god have mercy on anyone's soul if they were to ever implement a raid like this and allow it in LFR.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    lol OP do you really believe in the shit you think or you are just another failed experiment of humankind?
    If I am another failed experiment it would appear that you and I are members of the same club.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    There's dickheads everywhere, you can't necessarily remove them from the internet. As long as people are under the presumption that they're 100% safe behind a keyboard, they'll continue to be keyboard warriors.

    People don't troll for "lulz" or to make others mad, they do it because their own lives suck, it's that simple.

    As for people intentionally wiping a raid. I'd like to know what mechanics could be abused to wipe a LFR encounter. 3/4 the raid can be dead and your LFR encounter can still be easily beaten before an enrage timer, it's a ridiculously watered down version of even a normal raid.

    The ONLY type of real trolling I've seen recently came on Stone Guards on an alt.

    Two tanks from a guild "Encore" on Illidan were trolling on Stone Guards and kept stoning the raid to reset the bosses. They thought this was absolutely hilarious each time too and they couldn't be kicked because everyone said they encountered a "4 hour wait timer".

    Mind you, Encore used to be a World 50 Top Guild but apparently they take anyone who wants in now days since they're no longer anywhere near the top of who they used to be. It's sad man, this community absolutely disgusts me.

    All everyone cares about is epics because Blizzard has created this sense of entitlement rather than a sense of reward and appreciation. I sincerely hope they require characters to have 10/10 Gold to even use the queue system for LFR. Will this kill off all the trolls? No, nothing will. Put everyone's face/name and address in the "Inspect" player window, let's see how many trolls there are then and how many "Keyboard Warriors" there are then. That would be dangerous for innocent players as well though so that won't happen.

    However, requiring people to complete Gold Proving Grounds to prove that they have the intelligence level above a Goldfish would be a great start though. Also: DPS tests to make sure they're doing at least 50% of the optimal DPS they should be doing at their ilvl would be a great start too... not that I don't thoroughly enjoy long ass runs because the majority of the bad dps are just sitting there doing 30-50k dps (somehow...).

    It's just like the dickwads who did 5-9k dps in Cata LFR who seemed to win a lot of the items.
    Well tanks and healers can easily troll groups as you pointed out with stone guard. You still need tanks for LFR and if you have the couple you mentioned, it is highly doubtful you can finish any fight in LFR without 2 living tanks.

    As for proving grounds, if 3/4 of a raid can be dead in a LFR encounter, why even require 10/10 gold? LFR is so easy right? 1/3 of a raid is all that is needed to beat bosses before the enrage timer. There is no point of EVEN doing proving grounds. I don't see how you want Gold Proving Grounds requirement for content for that is easy.

  19. #99
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reading lots of Mangas.
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Flex doesn't make it easier to kill the bosses. It makes it easier for a group when someone leaves it. It still requires the same amount of effort as normal.
    Maybe effort but not skill from what I understood.

  20. #100
    Warchief Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,249
    Just my own experience but since MOP started I have had 2 bad runs in LFD/LFR, that is with me having 7 90's, including 2 horde and 5 ally. A holy pally needing the hit/int trinket is niuzao temple when I was on my main(lock) and he then taunted me the rest of the run and DE it before the last boss. A LFR where a group of 5-7 guildies pulled tortos and all the bats a few times. Thats it.

    Now you still get some afk people to people that are just bad but nothing that stops the raid from going through smoothly. So to the OP I doubt your scenario happens at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •