Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Many private servers are funded by donations of the communities they build. People are happy to pay a "sub fee" to the ones who maintain those servers if they get what they come for. Several private servers that offer vanilla and tbc era content do make money, albeit not legally by blizzard's terms of service and copyright.
    Point was and is that without those donations and whole lot of volunteer work none of those niche games would be possible.

I've heard this steaming pile of bull shit before. Yes, if a person chooses to be anti-social, then thats their problem, but the thing you fail to recognize is that Blizzard has created a game where there is little to no incentive to do so. But having said that, its plain anti-social behavior encouraged by blizzard BECAUSE of the tools they implemented in game.
    Ever heard of "guns don't kill people, people kill people"? Same applies to LFD/LFR. If you choose to be antisocial it's your own damn fault.

GW2 has sold more copies than any other new MMO to date.
    O'rly? With 7M current (and over 20M former) WoW subscribers GW2's 3M is a drop in a bucket. The newspost you're referring to said that GW2 was the fastest selling MMORPG, not the best selling.

GW2 actively has millions logging in each day to their servers,
    Source? My source (ppl I know over the internet) says everybody who picked up GW2 last fall to find something better to do than grinding the same circles in WoW haven't been playing it in a long time.

Their content patches happen almost once a month, sometimes more, and they are pulling in revenue just fine.
    Quantity does not mean quality. And if you'd read more closely to what people actually say many GW2 players are pretty pissed off with ArenaNet's style of phasing everything out in two weeks.

Its ironic how you use the term "fanboys" to describe people who blindly like and defend a game and its developers.

I don't understand why people so vehemently defend WoW and act like criticism toward their game is a personal attack on them or their family. Its bizarre that this happens.
    You're quite obviously mistaking me being anti-idiot (this forum is full of selfish idiots) to being pro-Blizzard.

Neither Blizzard nor WoW is perfect, and I could easily list 20 things off the top of my head that I would do differently. The thing is that I choose to focus on the things that are right in the game and enjoy it as much as I can while avoiding the bad parts, while some others choose to start a crusade on the negative parts while avoiding anything even slightly positive there is left in the game.

The whole point of my original post was to describe how WoW lacks excitement. It was not to bash the game, but people automatically go into defense mode, and think I am personally insulting them when I say anything negative about WoW.
    Did you honestly think even for a second that with your sarcastic signature the first impressions are that you're giving constructive criticism and not just bashing it?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    If the game was left to the same TBC difficulty, we would still have the same amount of subs coming and going.
    And you're basing that comment on what, exactly?
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

WoW lacks excitement because the developers made the decision to create such a simple bucket list type system, with generic quests, and overly simple dungeon / raid design.
    The playerbase gets exactly the game they ask for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Nope. That's the number of paying subscribers. And if they pay, there must be something done right in the game.
    Not only is it probably not even that high now (as well as many players being counted that don't actually have monthly sub fees), the more important, and currently undisclosed figure would be 'active players'.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Next time you guys log in, Blizzard should freeze your character, spawn your favourite mount and shoot it in the head. - Mormolyce

IThe whole point of my original post was to describe how WoW lacks excitement. It was not to bash the game, but people automatically go into defense mode, and think I am personally insulting them when I say anything negative about WoW.
    Most people around here know bullshit when the see it and that comment reeks of bullshit. Now, clearly, you think people are too stupid to see it for what it is, but can assure you that most people around here see your name on a new thread, roll their eyes and think "oh look, another Jaylock thread".

The idea that you have altruistic motives when you start these stupid threads is laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you honestly think even for a second that with your sarcastic signature the first impressions are that you're giving constructive criticism and not just bashing it?
    I think Jaylock is starting to believe his bullshit.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Ever heard of "guns don't kill people, people kill people"? Same applies to LFD/LFR. If you choose to be antisocial it's your own damn
    Exactly the point. The world doesn't work that way. Guns -do- kill people. It just seems some americans need to witness a hundred school shootings first before they can come to terms with that.
    Maddest of them all.

And nothing to keeping you from playing a non-exciting game. If you don't find it enjoyable, you have no reason not to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Exactly the point. The world doesn't work that way. Guns -do- kill people. It just seems some americans need to witness a hundred school shootings first before they can come to terms with that.
    Do everyone a favor and don't generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    And yet less than 1% of gun owners kill people randomly while less than 1% of LFR users seem to act responsibly. Problem is not the tools, but the anonymity internet grants makes people assholes.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Idk about you, but I'm pretty excited for 5.4

And yet less than 1% of gun owners kill people randomly while less than 1% of LFR users seem to act responsibly. Problem is not the tools, but the anonymity internet grants makes people assholes.
    So it is not the tools? People didn't want a mandatory RealID. Guess that would change the behavior of most the toxic players a lot. Same with Cross Realm LFD/LFR. Both are "tools" Blizzard could have (not) implemented. Even you behave different in WoW and the forums than in real life, maybe i should link some personal information about you incl. screenshots. Then you can stop blaming others, because you are just as big a part of the toxic community.

Bucket List

Also whats up jaylock
    Steam
    EVGA GTX 780 SLI , Intel i-5 4670k @ 4.4 GHz, 16g ram, Asus Z-87, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Corsair TX 850 PSU, Corsair Obsidian 650D, Asus VE278H
    Steelseries 7G, Steelseries 4HD, Steelseries Sensei, Pioneer SE-A1000, Logitech C310

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    So it is not the tools? People didn't want a mandatory RealID. Guess that would change the behavior of most the toxic players a lot. Same with Cross Realm LFD/LFR. Both are "tools" Blizzard could have (not) implemented.
    Problem is not the LFR, LFD, WoW or Blizzard. Problem is the internet and the lack of accountability due to it's anarchic nature. Try to make the distinction and put the blame where the blame lies. Too bad this forum has very little moderation to curb the habitual trolls unlike the official one, where even without RealID Blizzard knows very well who the assholes are and are banning those when necessary.

Even you behave different in WoW and the forums than in real life, maybe i should link some personal information about you incl. screenshots. Then you can stop blaming others, because you are just as big a part of the toxic community.
    Screenshots of your hairy arse, or what the hell are you talking about? I still have no clue who the hell are you and what I have done to wrong you (outside your imagination) before you started begging for attention in this thread.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-08-20 at 08:29 PM.
    Trolling should be.

Screenshots of your hairy arse, or what the hell are you talking about? I still have no clue who the hell are you and what I have done to wrong you (outside your imagination) before you started begging for attention in this thread.
    Point proven once more...

Unsubscribed along with the rest of the 700,000 a couple quarters ago.

It wasnt just the valor cap thing, it was several factors, and the lacking excitement was one of them.
    "Why I quit" threads are not allowed. If you make a thread about WoW lacking excitement and then espouse that this is why you quit, then you are breaking forum rules.

So it is not the tools? People didn't want a mandatory RealID. Guess that would change the behavior of most the toxic players a lot. Same with Cross Realm LFD/LFR. Both are "tools" Blizzard could have (not) implemented. Even you behave different in WoW and the forums than in real life, maybe i should link some personal information about you incl. screenshots. Then you can stop blaming others, because you are just as big a part of the toxic community.
    Oh my aching head.

The problem is NOT the tools. The problem are the people who are tools that like to make people's gaming difficult.

And seriously, comparing ReadID, an idea that was so monumentally stupid and could expose people to real life issues, for no reason at all with in game tools that affect nothing but someone's gaming experience? How about .. NO. These things not remotely comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    "Why I quit" threads are not allowed. If you make a thread about WoW lacking excitement and then espouse that this is why you quit, then you are breaking forum rules.
    I think more to the point, if he quit, why is he still here posting?

It's just another example of how people can't just let go and move on.

Point proven once more...
    Point that when you act like an asshole the answers come in kind? Yep. That you proved indeed.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Oh my aching head.

The problem is NOT the tools. The problem are the people who are tools that like to make people's gaming difficult.

And seriously, comparing ReadID, an idea that was so monumentally stupid and could expose people to real life issues, for no reason at all with in game tools that affect nothing but someone's gaming experience? How about .. NO. These things not remotely comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think more to the point, if he quit, why is he still here posting?

It's just another example of how people can't just let go and move on.
    Maybe take your own signature at heart: you've been spouting all kinds of opinions presented as facts... The problem IS the tools.

Maybe take your own signature at heart: you've been spouting all kinds of opinions presented as facts... The problem IS the tools.
    You're just wrong. Time for you to get some better arguments. Picking on my signature is not an example of a good arguments.

And no, I'm not presenting opinions as facts. I'm presenting opinions as opinions. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it isn't the tools.

Point that when you act like an asshole the answers come in kind? Yep. That you proved indeed.
    So again: you are as much a part of the toxic community just by replying in kind. So stop all the high-and-mighty posts you make all the time, because 1) every time you are proven wrong you change the subject (or never reply anymore) and 2) you are as big a problem as you blame the rest of.

WoW definitely has changed but there's still room for fun I think: stuff like heroic raids, brawler's guild, challenge modes..... I feel bad for people that just do LFR and that's it lol, really boring experience, but I will say it seems like most people just hang out in ogrimmar and occasionally do pokemon or farm old raids for mounts.