Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

iPhone or Android

I'm looking into getting a smartphone. I can't decide, though, whether to go with an iPhone or an Android (I have ATT). I've seen that a new iPhone may be coming out sometime this year and was told that if I was going to go with an iPhone, just wait for that. For the iPhone, the one negative comment I've seen a few times is about the home button. Since it's used so much, I've seen comments that it wears out after a while. I've asked a couple of friends and, of course, I've had suggestions for both. Any thoughts from here and why?

Deleted
    Go with android - Ishit's are overpriced phones.

I went with a sony xperia, which was quite good value for what i got in return.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Iphone is getting a new IOS as well I imagine with the 5s. Personally the Iphone is simple and easy to use which is why so many old people enjoy I prefer the Android system and currently I think the Samsung S4 is the one to beat for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Go with android - Ishit's are overpriced phones.

I went with a sony xperia, which was quite good value for what i got in return.
    it is rumored that the 5s will also be significantly cheaper than the 5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Iphone is getting a new IOS as well I imagine with the 5s. Personally the Iphone is simple and easy to use which is why so many old people enjoy I prefer the Android system and currently I think the Samsung S4 is the one to beat for it

- - - Updated - - -

it is rumored that the 5s will also be significantly cheaper than the 5
    Woot, maybe people will stop paying 600$ on a phone we're you can't change anything.

Android are as easy as iOS (i've had both, my first smartphone was an iphone 3G), I went with Sony Xperia since then and never looked back (don't like the samsung ones at all).
    At least I don't spend 2 hours changing my ringtone or my wallpaper, and I don't have to use any software at all to manage my phone (who said iTunes ?). And you can store anything on your phone like an USB Stick, I could go on forever.

Go with android.

don't like the samsung ones at all
    Any reason for not liking the Samsung? With ATT, I think my only possibilities are the Samsung S4 and HTC One. Galaxy S4 doesn't really look that bad, though. I haven't really looked at the other.

Deleted
    Just decide what you want out of a phone. If what you want is to tweak and tinker with the look and feel of your phone and you enjoy messing with it constantly then go with an android.

If you want a phone where everything built in is smooth and functional then go with an iPhone.

Personally I have an iPhone 4s and everytime I try an android phone I get pissed off by UI lag. Even on the big shiny new Samsungs. UI just reacts slower on an android. Not saying it is too slow. Just ... it IS slower than what iOS can provide and I hate it.

But then again. I just want a phone that looks good and works like it is supposed to without me having to set everything up and tinker with it all the time. I have been there and done that in the past but .. no more.
    Last edited by mmocd57e83b07c; 2013-08-20 at 06:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbueno View Post
    Any reason for not liking the Samsung? With ATT, I think my only possibilities are the Samsung S4 and HTC One. Galaxy S4 doesn't really look that bad, though. I haven't really looked at the other.
    HTC One is really good. It's more or less the same as the S4 feature wise, but all the Samsung phones feel like cheap plastic toys, even the most expensive ones. HTC One is the best of both worlds really, cos it has that iPhone-like, premium feel. It just feels like an expensive gadget, whereas the S4 (and all Samsung phones really) look and feel like crap.

I have an iphone 4s. I hate it. When my husband gets back from deployment we're forgoing our upgrades :/ And just buying from AT&T retail to get two androids. Screw Apple.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can jailbreak iPhones which makes them completely free of Apples security and gives you free reign to do what ever you want to them, like having a gameboy and nintendo 64 simulator on it!. Also they do have the best operating systems on the market today and will only separate themselves when IOS 7 comes out on Sep. 10th. Runner ups would be the Galaxy S4 and Note 2 ( Note 3 comes out soon too). If you can afford the iPhone then go with one of those three. They are by far the best phones on the market.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony has some of the best(if not the best) multimedia tools on their smartphones... if you have newer sony TVs and shit u can use your phone as a remote control even... dunno if you can do that with any android/iOS phone but it seemed pretty cool when I saw it done with the sony(dunno which sony it was though, prolly some xperia) anyway if you are a multimedia tools junkie Sony is the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Sony has some of the best(if not the best) multimedia tools on their smartphones... if you have newer sony TVs and shit u can use your phone as a remote control even... dunno if you can do that with any android/iOS phone but it seemed pretty cool when I saw it done with the sony(dunno which sony it was though, prolly some xperia) anyway if you are a multimedia tools junkie Sony is the best one.
    You can do the same thing with Samsung Phones/TVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Is this where we dump on phone brands and the people who use them because we need to justify our purchases?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Is this where we dump on phone brands and the people who use them because we need to justify our purchases?
    obviously *insert brand here* sucks because *insert other brand here* is so much better !!!

I will say this much, I dislike the Galaxy S3 and S4 because they feel so light and flimsy. Like a strong sneeze would snap it in half. I hate that feeling in electronics.

The new Xperia is nice though. I do like my iphone as well.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Could look like it. Personally I haven't paid a dime for my iPhone and don't feel like justifying anything on that basis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbueno View Post
    iPhone or Android
    Windows phone, of course.

<almost troll> Cause it's the only one who thinks different now. </almost troll>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using a 4G Galaxy S3 (i don't have proper 4g coverage in my country yet, but it's got 2gb ram, opposed to 1gb in regular S3), and i'm loving it. Would never get an HTC, their history with OS updates is horrible. S4 is looking to be an amazing phone, but i'm satisfied enough with S3 to upgrade. Nexus 4 has great hardware as well, but no sd and irreplaceable battery is a big minus for me.

Iphone... Well, Apple seems to be going downhill after Steve's death. 5 was a dissapointment, new OS looks like something they have on fake chinese phones, in short - wouldn't go there now. And i used to own every iphone up to 4s.

Also consider win8 phones. Consider, laugh about it and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    You can jailbreak iPhones which makes them completely free of Apples security and gives you free reign to do what ever you want to them, like having a gameboy and nintendo 64 simulator on it!. Also they do have the best operating systems on the market today and will only separate themselves when IOS 7 comes out on Sep. 10th. Runner ups would be the Galaxy S4 and Note 2 ( Note 3 comes out soon too). If you can afford the iPhone then go with one of those three. They are by far the best phones on the market.
    But jailbreaking an Iphone voids the warranty (altough when something happens to it you can restore it and then take it to the store). Plus there is always a chance something goes wrong while jailbreaking...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Jailbreaking void the warranty not very smart suggestion to someone asking to buy a new phone.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Android and I agree Samsung phones feel and look cheap. I'd go with the HTC One. It's like a mix of iphone type premium looks and android functionality.