galaxy s3 vs galaxy 4

I've heard the galaxy s4 wasn't really that good, but if you could choose between getting either of them free from your cell phone carrier, which would you choose? I can't decide x_x
    would anyone mind giving me some of the pros and cons of each phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't give you many in-depth details but I'll give you my small perspective on the matter. To answer your question, if I had to choose which to get for free, I would choose the Galaxy S4 without a doubt. It is a better phone than the S3 without a shadow of a doubt.

However, I own a Galaxy S3, and it's a pretty awesome phone. My advice to anyone who still has a Galaxy S3 is to wait. The Galaxy S4 is a great phone don't get me wrong, it's just the differences between the phones are so minimal. I better processor, maybe a shinier screen, some cool software updates, and same old bloatware. It just isn't worth wasting an upgrade if you have it with your carrier or dropping cash on it. It's like the iPhone 4 to 4S. The changes are pretty small that you wouldn't notice the difference if you upgraded.

So yeah, if you were getting a Galaxy phone for the first time ever or are upgrading from another line of phone, then definitely go for the Galaxy S4, it's newer and it's up to date. However if you already own a Galaxy S3, hold off on upgrading.

Thank you AbsolutVodka. That was very helpful, I'm going to get the s4 seeing as I technically don't have a phone right now, I have a tablet that works as a phone and I'm just tired of carrying the giant thing around everywhere. ha

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    It just isn't worth wasting an upgrade if you have it with your carrier or dropping cash on it. It's like the iPhone 4 to 4S. The changes are pretty small that you wouldn't notice the difference if you upgraded.
    I don't know that I agree with that comparison. Yes the iPhone 4 to the 4S was not much of change (same size, same weight, some processor improvement but no RAM upgrade, 5 mp to a 8 mp camera).

S4 is nearly a millimeter thinner (~8%) and slightly lighter. The S4 has a slightly larger screen that is 1080p compared to the S3's 720p. (The S4's screen is ridiculous, I love it.) The new Android version with the S4 has some interesting new features and runs better, but I won't chalk that up as too much of a win since you can load whatever OS you want and tweak stuff, but it is better. The processor is twice as fast (similar to the iphone 4 to 4S change), but the S4 also has twice the RAM. The S4 camera is also 13 mp compared to the S3's 8 mp.

Again, you can look all this up yourself. If you are going to pick a phone, I feel like you should get the top of the line phone that's available since I'll be 2 years until you get another one. (Assuming you have the same type of phone contract situation that most of us in the US have.) So I would personally never pick up a 2 year old phone and then try and use it for another 2 years.

Deleted
    My GF bought S4 and she loves it.
    The screen is pretty goddamn awesome for a phonescreen and android runs fast on it so if you ask me, go for S4.

Deleted
    Tbh, the S4 is simply better in every way. Is it a GIGANTIC mindblowing difference? Perhaps not. But it's nowhere near comparable to a iPhone4/S upgrade. Don't get me wrong, the S3 is still enough phone for normal consumer use. But it's not an S4.