Thread: DW Blood DK

DW Blood DK

I'm not strong with the math, just curious why wouldn't that be a viable spec build? I mean, DKs don't use shields, so how cool would it be to be a dual wielding tank. I'm surprised to not read much of subject, I'm sure many would be happy to go DW assuming its viable, but is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I'm not strong with the math, just curious why wouldn't that be a viable spec build? I mean, DKs don't use shields, so how cool would it be to be a dual wielding tank. I'm surprised to not read much of subject, I'm sure many would be happy to go DW assuming its viable, but is it?
    no /10chars
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

I'm not strong with the math, just curious why wouldn't that be a viable spec build?
    None of your strikes hit with an offhand attack, this basically means almost everything you do will be hitting for less, and to compensate for that, you get....nothing.

No and never. Blizzard has already stated that the very essence of the class is that of a knight tanking with a huge two hand.

DW Blood threads are forbidden for a reason....

Deleted
    If you want a DW tank you might wanna check out Monks

See a ton of opinions, and fingers pointing to the words of others. But no answer given thus far is based on the math, evidence, or calculation requested by the OP as to exactly why one is better or worse than the other. Numbers don't lie, and I am curious as to which is mathematically better than the other and specifically why. Blizzard designing for the class is irrelevant, they have been proven to be wrong here and again with a quick hotfix to fix it up in a jiffy but dangit they make mistakes just as often as the consumers interested in their products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Any threads that are started based on the results of dps tests on target dummies will be locked. Recently a large number of these have surfaced due to all the recent class changes. The reason these types of threads will be locked is because they are usually misleading and don't accurately represent information.

MoP related Blood DW Tanking discussion goes here
    : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1169016
    Where be dat lock?

Quote Originally Posted by olgreg3bear View Post
    See a ton of opinions, and fingers pointing to the words of others. But no answer given thus far is based on the math, evidence, or calculation requested by the OP as to exactly why one is better or worse than the other. Numbers don't lie, and I am curious as to which is mathematically better than the other and specifically why.
    Umm, I answered that already. Your strikes are the primary source of your damage. Death Strike and Rune Strike will be, by far, the biggest sources of your damage on single target fights. These are based on weapon damage. Two-handers do more damage than 1-handers. 1 handers do hit faster, and most DW specs either get more of the damage from sources other than weapon damage, or have a passive that allows their special attacks to hit with both weapons. Blood does not have such a passive, which means, mathematically, you WILL be doing less damage on your main attacks. And you do not gain any additional benefits FOR this tradeoff in reduced damage. What part of that is unclear?

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Where be dat lock?
    Sorry, I did not know it. Its my first thread on MMO, and now likely the last as well. You people are tough...

Deleted
    Sorry, I did not know it. Its my first thread on MMO, and now likely the last as well. You people are tough...
    don't worry - you'll get used to it.

Check the forum rules/forbidden topics and the "DK Questions and answers" thread for more info ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not you. Many of us have just gotten to the point of "Ugh. Not this shit again." when DW Blood gets mentioned.

We want it viable, Blizzard does not. Thus it is not viable, and we grumble about it. Repeated threads just remind us that they won't let us do it, and we can't even get the torches and pitchforks because that would be one in each hand, and thus dual wielding, which is not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    It has uses, but only advanced uses that you probably wouldn't ask if you knew said mechanics. So don't bother with that idea.

To actually answer your question, you lose some scent of blood procs because of the decreased chance to proc and the misschance on DW autoattacks (aka less RP, less healing) and a LOT of DPS... for marginal/useless benefits.
    Aside from Staghelm when you couldn't simply brute force him into submission has there ever been another boss where Dual Wielding was viable for soloing?