Thread: Weed vs Alcohol

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Weed vs Alcohol

Hey, im just after everyones opinion on the subject, Weed & Alcohol (or Weed vs Alcohol if you wish).
    Weed is legal in some countries, but not all. I kinda understand the reason why, but why is alcohol so legal when you run around in town or something drunk as hell, ruining things, talking crap and all that. While with weed, you just light the joint and chill, you dont do stupid crap you probably wont remember the next day.
    I personally dont drink anymore, simply because it dosnt stop with 1 beer or whatever, but with weed you can just roll it up, go to bed after an hour after chilling with good music, tv, some great food or whatever you please.

So, what I'd suggest (if weed would be legaliezed in more countries) is like, they have barns or whatever, like hotdog shops in the streets or at 1 place with guards and all that type of stuff. So the money goes to the state and all that, not under the table like it does now.
    I smoke weed because I have a hard time sleeping, and no I dont have any prescription on that, but whatever. #YOLO

PS. If you're going to make a big flamewar about how dangerous weed is, then dont post. Its a waste of your time, and us others.

Kind regards

Deleted
    I love booze but cannot smoke weed due to my job, even if I could smoke it I doubt I would, I tried it a few times as a teen and made me sick everytime.

While with weed, you just light the joint and chill, you dont do stupid crap you probably wont remember the next day.
    I've done plenty of stupid things while stoned that I regret to this day. I've also done an equal amount of stupid things while tweaked or drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    People generally forget alcohol is a poison and being drunk is a state of empoisonment.
    THC and CBD, the two active agents in marijuana, are not even comparable in terms of effects and potential damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are drugs, both should be illegal, and anyone who ingests either of them is an idiot.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Both are drugs, both should be illegal, and anyone who ingests either of them is an idiot.
    Bet you are a barrel of laughs at parties.

Drugs are drugs. I wouldn't touch either but the government needs to stop regulating what people put into their own bodies.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Very idiotic comment right here.

Drugs are drugs indeed, but what I really dont understand is this: Why is weed legal in some countries and/or states in the world? I mean, nvm. Life isnt fair lol.
    Anyway, yes alcohol is a drug too and the government is making shittons of money of it. Its not like they shouldnt make weed more legal, since alcohol can be bought at any store, mall and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Very idiotic comment right here.
    Its people like him that would ban everything unhealthy, we would only be allowed to eat raw foods and grain.

The reason I don't get blackout drunk during the week is because I have to wake up early for work.

There is no such thing stopping me from smoking weed every night (besides it being illegal). That's the biggest issue I have with weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I've done plenty of stupid things while stoned that I regret to this day. I've also done an equal amount of stupid things while tweaked or drunk.
    Do you drink after smoking ? I dont really recall that I've done anything stupid that I had any regret over what so ever when I was stone, only drunk as hell.

I don't smoke, week, known several friends who have.

I'm more partial for it's medical usage rather than it's recreational usage.

Alchohol, I occasionally consume.

But I'm one to believe that Weed is less lethal to the body than Alcohol, and even several other substances that are legal, including Synthetic meds/drugs, Cigarettes and Caffeine.

I'll leave these here and let you decide, but I have my own opinions on this subject and believe it should be legalized--to a degree. While other things should be banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I love booze but cannot smoke weed due to my job, even if I could smoke it I doubt I would, I tried it a few times as a teen and made me sick everytime.
    Weed, Like Alcohol has different effects on different people depending on the type you get.
    some will make you sick, others will make you giggle like crazy, others will make you sleep, and some give you an appetite.

Also you dont need to smoke it, you can Vaporize it, or My favorite, Bake with it. Of course it would still show up in a drug test so if your in a position (which you obviously are) that could cost you your job, or risk the lives of others then you should stay away from it. However, it is my belief that it is no more dangerous, in fact it less dangerous than alcohol. There has never been a recorded overdose caused by cannabis consumption, yet the deaths caused by alcohol poisoning are in the millions.

There is no reason for it to be a criminal offense, when alcohol and tobacco cause so much more health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    . While with weed, you just light the joint and chill, you dont do stupid crap you probably wont remember the next day.
    Yeah, right, same thing with alcohol, you just have a glass of red wine and chill, you remember having a fun evening and you do no stupid crap.

Dont do drugs kids!

Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Saint 504 View Post
    The reason I don't get blackout drunk during the week is because I have to wake up early for work.

There is no such thing stopping me from smoking weed every night (besides it being illegal). That's the biggest issue I have with weed.
    Indeed. I cant really sleep, dont know why tho.. bad sleeping rythem ? Probably, but roll a jay with a little weed and tobacco and just pass out in your bed, wake up happier than ever ! Lovely feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Good I am not the only one. I tried it twice with friends when I was about 16-18 years old and both times I got so sick I couldn't walk anymore.

I did try it again when I was much older. Didn't get sick but still got very slow and sleepy.

Alcohol is an all day/night commitment...if you get drunk as fuck you are done for the day and probably will not remember anything. You'll also feel terrible in the morning. Weed on the other hand, unless you are eating brownies or something, is done after an hour or two and you can continue on with your day. I'd rather not argue the legality of the two, but weed is definately >.

Also pretty sure i read someone say they got sick every time they smoked...stop smoking while you are drunk rofl...
    Last edited by Bromosapien; 2013-08-20 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Weed, Like Alcohol has different effects on different people depending on the type you get.
    some will make you sick, others will make you giggle like crazy, others will make you sleep, and some give you an appetite.

Also you dont need to smoke it, you can Vaporize it, or My favorite, Bake with it. Of course it would still show up in a drug test so if your in a position (which you obviously are) that could cost you your job, or risk the lives of others then you should stay away from it. However, it is my belief that it is no more dangerous, in fact it less dangerous than alcohol. There has never been a recorded overdose caused by cannabis consumption, yet the deaths caused by alcohol poisoning are in the millions.

There is no reason for it to be a criminal offense, when alcohol and tobacco cause so much more health problems.
    I agree that it should be legalised, taxed and regulated, just that I would never smoke it again. Hopefully having regulation will stop some of that crap I smoked from ever being sold again.