Thread: Weed vs Alcohol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Get over yourself. Alcohol is actually good for you in moderation.

Seriously some of the greatest memories I have (and I'd presume a lot of other people) involve drinking a few beers and eating tasty finger food while watching an important game (baseball, football, basketball, etc...) with my friends and/or wife.
    Are you willfully ignorant? Weed combats more diseases than penicillin.

things that kill more people than weed:

Alcohol
    Tobacco
    cars
    caffeine
    Eating legos
    j-walking

In the entire history of the world there is not 1 documented death to an overdose of Marijuana and you would have to smoke something like 15000 joints in 5 minutes for it to kill, and then I am sure oxygen starvation will get you.

The fact is, Marijuana was made illegal on lies so Harry Anslinger could keep his DEA and remain autonomous. If weed was discovered today it would be called the greatest discovery in the past 100 years, if not ever. The application possibilities of that plant are endless. Hemp for victory
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-08-20 at 12:58 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Both are drugs, both should be illegal, and anyone who ingests either of them is an idiot.
    I disagree, if alcohol were to be illegal I am pretty sure riots would break out everywhere and goverment buildings would burn. Everyone I know loves alcohol including me (well except 2 guys but they don't like to party or go out with girls in general so you get the point).

The fuck? since when is raw food healthy? lol
    Factors upon factors. But there are several types of fish that are healthier to eat raw than cooked. East-Asia, particularly Japanese food, uses raw food a lot. Not just fish, some meat too. But they care greatly for the animal to make sure it itself is healthy before cutting it up and consuming.

Several South-east asian countries as well. I believe the Islands in the Caribbean and South-Pacific too. It all depends on what it is though.

Personally being an EX-Stoner who switched to Drinking.

There is still very little known about what weed does to you.

Me personally, I could not smoke it because it physically started hurting my heart. I went to the doctor and asked him, his recommendation, stop smoking weed. I am sure I could have spent tons of money on why it was causing my heart to hurt, but the better solution was to just stop smoking weed, and my heart problems went away. From what I gathered I am not the first person to have this reaction to Weed as well.

Guess what helped when I did this, alcohol in moderation.

I am not saying one is better then the other. But I think the reason weed isn't legalized in the states is because of how little is known about it, and how little the government would make on it.

Weed is too useful for it to be ever legalised!

What you didnt think it was illegal cause it got people high did you?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Its people like him that would ban everything unhealthy, we would only be allowed to eat raw foods and grain.
    How horrible :/

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I disagree, if alcohol were to be illegal I am pretty sure riots would break out everywhere and goverment buildings would burn. Everyone I know loves alcohol including me (well except 2 guys but they don't like to party or go out with girls in general so you get the point).
    The US already outlawed Alcohol. It didn't work, at all, and became legalized again.

Deleted
    Does that make it any less of a drug? I'm glad to see you can control your intake, however, most people can't.
    Aside from having sex, getting absolutely hammered is mankind's oldest and most popular pastime. It's great fun. If you're not into that then good for you, but don't you dare try and ruin something billions of people love which leads to less or equal death and crime than many other hallmarks of our society (cars, money etc..)

I've tried weed a bit and personally I enjoy the high from alcohol a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense meant to those that share an entirely different view, but both are kinda stupid IMO. I see alcohol as simply a beverage, I don't care what's in it. To be all up into it the way some people are... Like someone being cool and proud of themselves for drinking enough Pepsi that they went into a caffeine coma.. dur hur.

Marijuana... eh.. If people did not make it into the unsavory thing that it is, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But just.. ick. No thanks. I'm open to the idea of medical use in terms of research that can isolate the helpful properties or find how to synthetically replicate it and use it in the forms of medicines via pills, nasal sprays, a patch... And in that form as well then they could also be able to control the dosages and be capable of increasing the effects of it, more so than just natural marijuana would have, if need be. I'd rather not see the thing itself just used straight out for medical reasons...I think medical research could take the potential helpful part that's there and make it even better. I mean it's like penicillin, it's helpful the right way but we're not all going around eating mold and wouldn't be recommended to.

Even if it's relatively harmless, or so we assume, there hasn't exactly been a lot of research on the long term effects has there. For all we know smoking it could lead to cancers and all that crap like other stuff. Not to mention the laziness and slower reaction time it encourages. And people bitch about lagging national work ethic and all that now?

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    you dont do stupid crap you probably wont remember the next day.
    Except for those people who's reaction time is affected by it and decide to go out for a drive because it's all good and legal. Of course this already happens, legal or not, but I'm weary what widespread legal use might encourage in people who are already bad drivers.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-08-20 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemii View Post
    Aside from having sex, getting absolutely hammered is mankind's oldest and most popular pastime. It's great fun. If you're not into that then good for you, but don't you dare try and ruin something billions of people love which leads to less or equal death and crime than many other hallmarks of our society (cars, money etc..)
    War is an older pastime. I wouldn't say something is right just because a lot of us have been doing it for a while.

Deleted
    I'm fine with weed.

And alcohol, but with all things - it should be taken in moderation.

The harder drugs i don't agree with though, some of that stuff can seriously harm you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    There is still very little known about what weed does to you.

Not true, the effects are well documented. Very little is however known about the medicinal properties since the US have classified it as a schedule 1 drug (heroin and cocaine are schedule 2), wich means it has 0 medicinal properties, can not be prescribed as medicine and can not be researched unless very special permissions are given. Medicinal companies have no interest because you can´t patent a plant and make millions. So they lobby the shit out of it because Marijuana could make ½ their products worthless.

Deleted
    I remember weed making my heart race and make it seem it was beeting really loud it fuckin freeked me the fuck out so now its a no go. Beer gets me pissed but it takes a while but its more fun to be pissed up imo worst that has happed to me is pissing the bed one night or being a lil sick one when i drank tooo much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Most of the people I know aren't into alcohol. My twin, who used to be, recently realized it was a dumbshit thing to do, and went from partying 4 nights a week to a couple times a month.

More on topic though, yes it would be terrible to illegalize. But that doesn't make it good or acceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Not true, the effects are well documented. Very little is however known about the medicinal properties since the US have classified it as a schedule 1 drug (heroin and cocaine are schedule 2), wich means it has 0 medicinal properties, can not be prescribed as medicine and can not be researched unless very special permissions are given. Medicinal companies have no interest because you can´t patent a plant and make millions. So they lobby the shit out of it because Marijuana could make ½ their products worthless.
    In fairness, the uses of weed in the medical world are still being researched - largely by independent people, but the results in neural conditions and the like are amazing.

Specifically in strokes, sadly though in America money speaks - hence the lack of interest.

i've smoked pot for 15 years now, i haven't been drunk for 12 years - i've had the odd champagne on special occasions and got absolutely rat-arsed in belfast one time whilst on a business trip, but other than that, i am mostly teetotal and have spent my adult life as a "stoner" as opposed to a drunk.

i am a perfectly functional and rational human being, i really don't understand why marijuana is illegal - but tbh, given my experiences with drugs in general, i beleive in personal choice and personal freedom to stick whatever you like into your body.

legalise regulate tax and educate
    <insert witty signature here>

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are some differences in the consumption of the two. Several well documented studies have shown that moderate consumption of alcohol drinks can have very beneficial benefits to most people's heart health. In other words it has substances in it which can be good for health and is considered to be a food. Weed on the other hand has no such studies to support such claims. I know, it does benefit people who are suffering from cancer or other types of extreme pain and therefor can be good for them. But it has no benefits to overall health for healthy people. It is natural to drink liquids which have substances which can benefit health, but in no way is sucking smoke into your lungs good for a healthy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Heroin does have medicinal properties, as I mentioned earlier in this thread diacetylmorphine (real name for heroin) is legal with a prescription in many countries including the UK. It's a very powerful pain medicine with identical side effects to other opiate drugs such as morphine, codeine etc. But yeah, I see your point, it's very addictive and deadly and weed is not even a tenth as dangerous as opiates are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    War is an older pastime. I wouldn't say something is right just because a lot of us have been doing it for a while.
    It's right because there's no direct victim. Obviously alcohol does cause some crime but 99% of people can get drunk without fighting, breaking things, driving or doing anything else illegal. It's no more the cause of crime than cars.

I seen weed turn people into antisocial losers that don't do anything productive 24/7 and i seen drunk people hurt themselves and others around them with their reckless behaviour.

On the other hand i seen fully functioning individuals enjoy various drugs in a responsible way to a positive result.

It's all about the person who does drug, not drug itself.