Poll: What if your girlfriend lived with 4 guys. would you be fine with it?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdanger View Post
    The main question is, are you being invited to the Friday night orgies or not?

My gf wouldn't put us in that sort of situation, so I dont have that problem. I'd trust her yes, but I wouldn't expect her to be happy with it I did the same. Avoidable situation for both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Absolutely unacceptable.

I would not allow a partner to have a social life or be in contact with people of the opposite sex without my permission, and especially not without supervision. Always have to keep an eye on your property. You give them the right to choose their own social circles and next they'll want the right to have opinions and make decisions in the relationship, and that's just one big slippery slope.
    Hey wait a minute...I know what's going on here!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Absolutely unacceptable.

I would not allow a partner to have a social life or be in contact with people of the opposite sex without my permission, and especially not without supervision. Always have to keep an eye on your property. You give them the right to choose their own social circles and next they'll want the right to have opinions and make decisions in the relationship, and that's just one big slippery slope.
    Thank you, you made my day. I read it to my GF...she is laughing from her cage. She keeps up this pleasant behavior, she might even get dinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineer? There's fewer women engineers than men. Of course, I'm just assuming she's living with people from school. I'm going to generalize here, but I know girls who can't stand hanging around girls for the reason that they can't stand the drama and BS that comes with hanging around girls. Of course, some just like to be the only girl in the group for attention.

Either way, this thread made me think of an old Joe Rogan bit:

Of course, this is ex-boyfriends. But it similarly applies, because you know at least one of them is waiting for you to screw up and pick up the scraps.

My GF has troubles trusting me around other women, not because of me necessarily...but because of them. That and the fact I am hung like Jesus.

The special titles folk be trollin yo.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely unacceptable.

What did I just read?
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-08-20 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    For Your Wine!

btw, I am proud to say my husband & I have a guild called 'For Your Health' <3
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2013-08-20 at 09:44 PM.
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one wouldn't like it one bit. Then again i wouldn't bother with a long distance relationship... Or a relationship to begin with lol.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the girl and the guys, your relationship, who you are, etc - a lot of variables. But as rich posted in the first reply - it all comes down to trust. Ultimately if you trust her, keep doing it and don't let anyone convince you otherwise (unless its a primary source saying "something happened" obviously).

If you don't trust her - then you're either possibly right on some level and she isn't trustworthy - or your not ready for that kind of relationship because the trust requirement is too high: in which case you will stress yourself out more than its probably worth to maintain it (not the girls fault).

I've had girlfriends who lived with guys and I had no problem at all with it - and then I've also had a girlfriend who cheated on me with her roommates on many occasions it turns out. So - on the one hand - yes I still have a bit of a trust issue under similar circumstances as you are in, despite it being over 10 years ago now. For the most part though, for every other relationship I've been in - I haven't been worried.

It really comes down to the quality of your relationship, and being honest with yourself when you get signs to the contrary (I wasn't being honest with myself, and it hurt me in the end because of it - but the signs had been there all along - I was ignoring them).

So, I bring that up because - with a post like this I can't be sure who I'm talking to. Are you posting this because you feel conflicted, because on some level you see obvious signs and are ignoring them because you have feelings for her - or quite to the contrary - did a friend/colleague say to you "I wouldn't trust my girlfriend in that situation" - and you just felt you needed a sounding board to see if you were unusual for not worrying?

Trust your instinct, and try to be objective with yourself - and if you trust her - then definitely don't worry about it
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    LoL at 90% of the responses here. You can spot instantly the people with next to no experience in relationships or shared living.

Seriously, unless she's a slut or living in dorms partying every night you have got less chance of her fucking a flat mate than a stranger in a club. It's just awkward for everyone.

Also - Don't ask an online gaming forum for relationship advice, you would get a more logical answer from /b/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't do that poll, but were it a boyfriend in a place with a bunch of women. Umm... Yeah, I might not be too fond of it though prob really depends on the situation. If it was largely a bunch of people who didn't have much to do with each other and it had been this way for a long time I prob wouldn't be too worried. None of the women better have any ideas of stepping across that boundary though. If they need the lid of a jar loosened, fine, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I'd demand she moved out or I would break up. There is just no fucking way I would accept the situation.

I do 100% trust that my GF will not sleep in the same appartment as 4 other guys. If that trust is broken so is the relationship.
    What makes you not like the situation?

Your relationship wont be lasting much longer if ur gf is comfortable living with 4 random guys. And its a long distance relationship rofl. Anyone saying they're OK with this clearly has no real life relationship experience. Best to move on now while its less painful sorry to say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Your relationship wont be lasting much longer if ur gf is comfortable living with 4 random guys. And its a long distance relationship rofl. Anyone saying they're OK with this clearly has no real life relationship experience. Best to move on now while its less painful sorry to say
    Why would she not be able to live with 4 guys and the relationship being intact?

would she be ok if you were living with 5 very attractive women?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Why would she not be able to live with 4 guys and the relationship being intact?
    99% of long distance relationships in the high school > university phase end up being fail in the first place. Add in the other factor and I give this 6 months max...just being real

What if the dudes are all gay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    99% of long distance relationships in the high school > university phase end up being fail in the first place. Add in the other factor and I give this 6 months max...just being real
    Why do you attribute that to living with 4 guys?