Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    This... exactly this why i`m so sad about Rift pvp.
    Its such a good game, but lacks any sort of effort-reward scenario.
    You can just afk and grind gear. Once u reach max level on prestige, then what? /flex? /rawr?
    1) This is a GW2 sub-forum, Rift subforums are that way ----->
    2) In general, the point of any game should be to have fun - the rewards should be bonus. Sure, some rewards will influence how you play, but the rewards should not be the reason for playing, they should just be, well, a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    1) This is a GW2 sub-forum, Rift subforums are that way ----->
    2) In general, the point of any game should be to have fun - the rewards should be bonus. Sure, some rewards will influence how you play, but the rewards should not be the reason for playing, they should just be, well, a reward.
    Agree on point 1, my bad, just had to squeeze it while reading about Rift.

Point 2 is a person to person issue. I played WoW pvp only because i wanted the gladiator titles which i did.
    I played LoL only to get to diamond, which i did.
    Shortly afterwards i had nothing to look forward to, and hence i quit the games.

For me, there is nothing greater than a reward (title or special item or a recognizable skill-based feat) to push my limit(s) to get into the top 10% of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as GW2 pvp goes, the game is only fun competitively if you play in a 5v5 team and are active socially in that circle.
    Soloquing and playing unbalanced teams isn`t a lot of fun. Especially since the ppl you`ll face are those who have grinded pvp as much as you have; there is nothing to distinguish a skillful player from a bad player. Same as Rift. This was my point overall.

It's still very much alive! I just login every now and again to chip away at my daily achievements and take part in the monthly events.