Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    jeebus there's just too much jank in world 2 =/

and the lag inside is unplayable at times

I think Foreman needs to reexamine his approach. You can have cruelty if you have precision, but if you don't have precision then exploring and trial & error that doesn't rely on throwing away lives should be primo. And I'm just talking regular old World 2. The stuff they nerfed doesn't help with hit detection issues or warping around from lag.
    The only problem I see with the length is when you combine it with the achievement that requires you do collect all the baubles. That just makes it horrible - miss a bauble or get kicked out of the zone for some reason and you've wasted a couple of hours.

Finally finished tribulation last night - clearing 2-2 on tribulation was nasty, but I think if I went back again I could do it in 45 minutes or so. 2-3 tribulation is quite easy once you know the route, with the exception of that slippery room 2/3 of the way through with the NO clouds and wind doors and 1shot spikes everywhere. That was just brutal.

Wow, this is sad. Someone posted Josh Foreman's blog and not only has he been told by the 'powers that be' to quit posting as much, but his posts actually have to be pre-approved now. Ouch. He also said the turnout numbers for SAB this release are "dismal" compared to April.

It was a really interesting read. I just hope he doesn't get in more trouble. >_<

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Wow, this is sad. Someone posted Josh Foreman's blog and not only has he been told by the 'powers that be' to quit posting as much, but his posts actually have to be pre-approved now. Ouch. He also said the turnout numbers for SAB this release are "dismal" compared to April.

It was a really interesting read. I just hope he doesn't get in more trouble. >_<
    All I got out of that is that Foreman is a Christian and now I know why I hate this patch. Thanks Jesus. J/k j/k j/k

It was a good read to hear someone speaking so frankly and while I want to feel bad for him, I just can't. We all make mistakes, but these were a combination of monumental ones. It's great that he is humble about it, but it doesn't change the fact that most people think this is crap. I was looking forward to SAB immensely and haven't logged on the game since the first day of the patch. His metrics are clearly indicative of other similar minded people.

I think his ideas are top notch and his implementation is normally rather well and I'd prefer that he does have a company willing to let him try again. It's risky experiments to do these sorts of things that affect millions of people, but it's awesome that ANet is trying. All disappointment with the cash shop item and how it makes me feel aside, it was nice to read this blog.
    BAD WOLF

I'm not without my criticisms of World 2, but Josh was one of the few (if not only) devs who seemed to give a rat's ass about anything and now they've slapped a muzzle on him. It's equally disappointing that there was concern other devs would feel "pressured" to interact with the playerbase as much as Josh did, especially when lack of communication has been an ongoing complaint. (Honestly, a lot of the other devs seem really out of touch and despite the usual cesspool that forums tend to be they could probably stand wading in it every now and then to learn something.)

I like Foreman's work and I like that he communicates. The last thing I want is for him to be muzzled or for anyone else to be muzzled. ArenaNet acts like they're afraid to be held accountable at times and that doesn't instill confidence in others about your product.

I want to see more SAB, and I think Foreman learned from this. I DO THINK that having time to test it more often and a *cough* test server would have helped found issues sooner.

Also, I hope Foreman knows that negativity right now is not solely from SAB. It's a storm of bad vibes and I think people were hoping SAB would be the liferaft from other things. One, the Anniversary Bash lead to animosity from the PvP crowd. As bad as Foreman feels, I'm sure Peters and Chaplan are feeling down about the negative vibe of the PvP community. Along that line, the WvWvW league idea didn't receive a positive reaction either. This goes on top of all the PvE related released making the PvP crowd feel ignored.

And, not to harp on it, but many of us were already mad about the handling of Ascended Weapons. Again, for those of us not feeling any of the recent decisions, SAB was supposed to be the happy bit of content that we could rely on. Then it came out, had issues with the engine and lag, and featured a big difficulty spike. So our "happy" wasn't happy enough to make up for the rest of the things we were upset about.

I think it's not fair to lay the blame on Foreman as it's not fair to lay the weight of providing something good at the feet of SAB. SAB was a wacky side project that hit it big. If other elements of the game were in a happier place, then SAB would be just a distraction.

BTW, the conspiracy about the infinite lives coin was always silly. Having talked to people at ANet, I know that's not how they do things. The business side and gem store side are often separate from their own work. And while the first SAB was a viral hit, I was told it generated very little gemstore revenue. It was free and it didn't benefit ANet in an immediate financial sense. They had to find some stuff to sell from SAB other than minis, because the minis weren't cutting it money wise.
    Last edited by zed zebes; 2013-09-11 at 11:35 PM.

I think people's biggest complaint/issue with GW2 is based on communication. IMO Mr. Foreman was a beacon of hope for many players due to his posts.

Personally I didn't get into SAB 2 because I knew this time they'd be "rushed" so I expected bugs, I sadly turned out to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Thanks for posting this. It was an interesting read. I wonder how a certain forum plant will respond. It was good to see a dev mention that it clearly looked they were going to pay to win, even if it was with a mini game.

I am pretty sure he said they weren't going pay to win. He was stating that the P2W narrative gained steam because of how difficult he made it, but that was just a story that got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I am pretty sure he said they weren't going pay to win. He was stating that the P2W narrative gained steam because of how difficult he made it, but that was just a story that got out of hand.
    Re-reading my post I see I was unclear, shouldn't try to play and post at the same time. He was stating that he could understand that the increased difficulty and bugs in SAB and the appearance of the infinite continue coin in the cash shop gives the appearance of Arenanet creating content to drive people to the cash shop. He clearly has stated that was not his intent nor does he have anything to do with items that appear in the cash shop. Not being a conspiracy theorist, I believe him. I appreciate that he can admits the faults of the game and him taking the time to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I think people's biggest complaint/issue with GW2 is based on communication. IMO Mr. Foreman was a beacon of hope for many players due to his posts.

Personally I didn't get into SAB 2 because I knew this time they'd be "rushed" so I expected bugs, I sadly turned out to be right.
    Nothing was really broken except a few achievements and TM loot (which was fixed in a day) until they nerfed world 2 last Friday, then everything went to shit and it's Thursday now and they still haven't fixed the issues which are game breaking.