Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ascari View Post
    Combat belongs with swords, and I hate that spec...:/ always have. Playing rogue since TBC.
    Then you don't remember the combat dagger's spec in Vanilla that became super popular in BWL. I don't think rogues were ever as overpowered (or boring) as they were at that time. Current assassination comes close in terms of being boring though.

    I, for one, would like to see daggers be the only weapon the class uses. Monks and enh shamans can have the other agi weapons.

  2. #22
    High Overlord Mibzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    115
    I've been playing Rogue since the dawn of WoW, but I've been playing other classes as main for a periode of time, but I always keep getting back to Rogue. I really like the playstyle of Rogue and all the shady things going around. :3
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!


  3. #23
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,721
    No, you're not. The rogue class was a primary factor in what caused me to stop playing the game, there's just not enough going on, and the things that are going on are either non combat related or seem to have very little basis for being tied to the rogue class.

    Outside of pvp, it was extremely rare that I felt like a rogue.

    I was hoping that 5.4 would bring some more fun to the class, but I've seen very little evidence for this, compounded by the developers stating they have no incentive for redesigning the class (I understand their viewpoint) I don't see myself returning the game any time soon.

    Go around and play some of the f2p mmos, don't expect any to sweep you off your feet, but you might get some nice little ideas of where WoW rogue falls short by playing it's parallels in other games. If you're feeling really inspired after that, you might want to write a post on the official forums stating what you liked there and how you feel WoW could improve the class by incorporating some of those ideas.

    You never know!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Go around and play some of the f2p mmos, don't expect any to sweep you off your feet, but you might get some nice little ideas of where WoW rogue falls short by playing it's parallels in other games. If you're feeling really inspired after that, you might want to write a post on the official forums stating what you liked there and how you feel WoW could improve the class by incorporating some of those ideas.

    You never know!
    I like GW2's theif. You can re-enter stealth often in combat when running dual daggers (weapons determine your main active skills). Also VERY interested in Wildstar, though that's still in closed beta.

    For right now in WoW, I'm probably going to be main changing to WW monk for the next expansion (or even late in this one if we finish progression early enough).

  5. #25
    been playing a rogue as my main since BC, not bored at all.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    been playing a rogue as my main since BC, not bored at all.
    Can you help me out? I just can't get into my rogue anymore.

    I originally got into the class in vanilla because I loved the class conceptually. Coupled with all of the amazing weapons/armor at our disposal & a very unique kit of abilities, there was never a moment until the launch of Cata that I felt rogues weren't the funnest class around.

    I've asked myself a lot, "Why does my rogue feel stale, while the game as a whole has retained more or less the same entertainment value since I started playing?"

    I can think of two major changes to the game & the rogue class that lead to me leaving the class.

    1. One of the side effects we have seen from more abilities added over time has been moderate homogenization of the games classes. In particular, the rogue kit lost much of its uniqueness & flavor as other classes received the same or better versions of our abilities. Blizzard will be taking a pass at the 3 rogue specs before the next expansion as well as pruning "bloat" abilities across all classes. This will be a great opportunity for Blizzard to revisit the class, give identity to the 3 specs, and ideally introduce some new core abilities/mechanics as well as "fun" abilities that combined create a very "rogue" feeling kit that it desperately needs again.

    2. Over time, Blizzard moved away from supporting weapon types outside of the dagger. In today's game, 2 of the 3 specs exclusively use daggers & the 3rd spec usually will wind up with a non-dagger MH & a dagger OH. I know others share my opinion when I say, "Daggers are boring." Due to the nature of how melee combat is rendered in this game, it significantly lacks in the eye candy department when compared to a mage hurdling a giant fireball at a target. So in order to make melee classes appealing they get to swing around these awesome shiny weapons of war. Well the rogue used to be apart of that club. Now we settle for these toothpicks hanging from our hilt.

    Blizzard has said many times that the Rogue population shrank in part because the DeathKnight class was introduced. Does it surprise anyone? The DeathKnight kit borrows heavily from the rogues kit. Conceptually it could appeal to the player who wanted that "dark" melee class and rolled a rogue originally. And visually, the DeathKnight is a much more stunning class to play than the dagger rogue we have today.

    /end rant

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Go around and play some of the f2p mmos, don't expect any to sweep you off your feet, but you might get some nice little ideas of where WoW rogue falls short by playing it's parallels in other games.
    While I love my rogue I agree with your advice - did the same and like I mentioned in other threads and like it was already mentioned here GW2 thief shows how you could make rogue way cooler. I would not exchange my rogue for a GW2 thief 1:1, but I would love to have some of the gameplay ideas in wow. Just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKzHTFfi3mk

    I hope they bring some great, fun, changes in 6.0


    edit: forgot a word
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2013-09-02 at 12:17 PM.

  8. #28
    bored of assa

  9. #29
    na your not alone. rogues havent changed in years and years. its so stale. its no wonder its the lowest played class in US and EU expect for monks and barely.

  10. #30
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    While I love my rogue I agree with your advice - did the same and like I mentioned in other threads and like it was already mentioned here GW2 thief shows how you could make rogue way cooler. I would not exchange my rogue for a GW2 thief 1:1, but I would love to have some of the gameplay ideas in wow. Just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKzHTFfi3mk

    I hope they bring some great, fun, changes in 6.0


    edit: forgot a word
    The GW2 rogue makes me drool with envy, it's fits the bill for me perfectly. Obviously it would be near impossible to import those mechanics into wow wholesale, even if just for the balance issues it could cause, but it's where I feel the rogue really belongs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Go around and play some of the f2p mmos, don't expect any to sweep you off your feet, but you might get some nice little ideas of where WoW rogue falls short by playing it's parallels in other games. If you're feeling really inspired after that, you might want to write a post on the official forums stating what you liked there and how you feel WoW could improve the class by incorporating some of those ideas.

    You never know!
    I especially love RIFT's take on a Rogue class.
    Ex-Rogue; Ex-Paladin
    Mastery will fix it.

  12. #32
    Well, let's see...

    If a Warlock gets decent rng with UVLS, I can't beat them single target
    No matter what, I can't beat them AoE
    Their survive ability is basically as good as a Rogues
    They have three different specs that all play drastically different from each other

    And it's been like this for a long time.

  13. #33
    i've never been bored of my rogue at any point in the game.. started mid TBC

    i just can't get enough of it, i always find something fun to do as a rogue

    Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    2. Over time, Blizzard moved away from supporting weapon types outside of the dagger. In today's game, 2 of the 3 specs exclusively use daggers & the 3rd spec usually will wind up with a non-dagger MH & a dagger OH. I know others share my opinion when I say, "Daggers are boring." Due to the nature of how melee combat is rendered in this game, it significantly lacks in the eye candy department when compared to a mage hurdling a giant fireball at a target. So in order to make melee classes appealing they get to swing around these awesome shiny weapons of war. Well the rogue used to be apart of that club. Now we settle for these toothpicks hanging from our hilt.
    iirc, 2 slow weapons are your best bet in situations where you can KSp off cd (combat spec)

    and i'm w/ you on this one, i don't like daggers ONE bit!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •