Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Next expansion will be out late Spring/early summer.

Quote me on it.
    I just quoted you on it.

I actually think Blizzard will push out this expac quicker than the previous ones, it's common sense. The game is not in the greatest place right now and to leave 1 tier lasting almost a year would be suicide. I sincerely hope that Blizzard are not that stupid, I'm guessing they've been working on this expac for quite a long time, tbh. They might even have some decent things to show when it's announced at Blizzcon or w/e.

At the rate that they are making patchs-expansions, we are going to have the next expansion before the release of Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls and Starcraft 2 : Legacy of the Void

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope SoO will last as long to let everyone kill Garrosh on normal ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post
    and after the amount of flack they got from Dragon Soul lasting as long as it did, I doubt they'd repeat it.
    They recieved loads more flack for ICC lasting as long as it did... that didnt stop Blizzard doing the same thing again for DS. Considering they obviously dont listen to release date criticisms what makes u think theyll do any different this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    They recieved loads more flack for ICC lasting as long as it did... that didnt stop Blizzard doing the same thing again for DS. Considering they obviously dont listen to release date criticisms what makes u think theyll do any different this time?
    They said it was a mistake and don't want to repeat it iirc

Let's say they release the next expansion in March (6 months from 5.4)... makes me wonder how the subscription charter will look like with a 6 month patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Let's say they release the next expansion in March (6 months from 5.4)... makes me wonder how the subscription charter will look like with a 6 month patch...
    That is incredibly optimistic, and 6 months given the size of 5.4 and a full sized raid is a very good length

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They said it was a mistake and don't want to repeat it iirc
    They said that for ICC too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be hilarious if they announce that Beta/PTR testing will start 'in a week' at Blizzcon.... And that they have most of the game already done and that if testing goes well they can launch late this year early next year....

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Would be hilarious if they announce that Beta/PTR testing will start 'in a week' at Blizzcon.... And that they have most of the game already done and that if testing goes well they can launch late this year early next year....
    Yeah, that is like aliens suddenly landing and actually looking like little green men and then they tell us they have been on mars all along. Hilarious, but highly unlikely.

If they didn't hire enough people to open a second wow dev team I see no way how they would be able to do that on top of developing the current content. They even delayed the next patch by two weeks and while they brought content faster this time, please you guys, try to to think what 2 of these patches actually brought: Barrens + 3 scenarios and the ladfall daily crap that was done in 2 weeks. An expansion is a couple of zones, new dungeons, scenarios, raids, lore, quests (alot of them, not just 8 story quests and 10 dailies), ALOT of art assets, new monsters, new classes/races. We are talking about development time many times what we've seen for things like SoO or Throne of Thunder. They also promised to release content faster before MoP, but in MoP for the first time they actually managed it somehow, even though they kinda cheated given the previous reasons.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was no LFR in WoLK though. How do you thing LFR would affect the player base patience?
    I remember in ICC a few people still progressing to get their kill of LK normal, even after a year or so. But with LFR, the casual crowd will clean the content within weeks. Do you think the casual crowd might stick around for a year. I know WoW as a lot of casual content to keep them occupied but i still feel it's kind of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    We're looking at the 1st raid tier with the expectation to last us a full year! Even DS lasted 10 months. And the original announcement was made before the expansions final patch was released. Gamescom did not announce anything

New expansion looks like it's gonna be announced at Blizzcon which is 3 months away too...so...who's up for 12 or more months of killing Garrosh!
    Before you guys get too into the theories you have to go back and look at blue posts talking about releasing new content at a faster pace.

They've been doing patches (roughly) every 3 months since MoP dropped. 5.4 is the last content patch before the new expansion prepatch (6.0) which means they are looking at a 3 season expansion or a year and a half of MoP before the next expansion. If we get 6 months of SoO that means we're looking at a march release for the next expansion.

I believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not expecting the next expansion any time soon. No name, no details, nothing. I expect at least a year of raiding org, with a stupid mini patch that offers no real content except a scenario.

They said that for ICC too.
    Ummmm... no they did not.

EDIT: In fact, not only did they not say that about ICC - they probably based it off of ICC, because it was then the game went a full year without any major content patches and still hit the 12 million subscriber mark. (only patches during that time was the Ruby Sanctum (quickly forgotten) and the Cataclysm pre-patch.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Ummmm... no they did not.

EDIT: In fact, not only did they not say that about ICC - they probably based it off of ICC, because it was then the game went a full year without any major content patches and still hit the 12 million subscriber mark. (only patches during that time was the Ruby Sanctum (quickly forgotten) and the Cataclysm pre-patch.)
    Yes they did.

They publicly stated that they would not let the final raid of Cata last for as long as ICC lasted. They said this back around the start of Cata. Dont forget that Firelands was meant to be included within Cata release and they were already behind schedule and were already making loads of promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanwalking View Post
    how about we stop the fake internet rage, wait for some kind of details and stop making knee jerk decisions to post every irrational fear and nerd rage on the forums?
    amen brother!

Yes they did.

They publicly stated that they would not let the final raid of Cata last for as long as ICC lasted. They said this back around the start of Cata. Dont forget that Firelands was meant to be included within Cata release and they were already behind schedule and were already making loads of promises.
    No, they didn't. People just saw their plans, and read them as promises.

There is a reason for Garrosh to drop heirlooms for players to "farm" after clearing SoO content...

... and it's totally against a new xpac going live this year.

Deleted
    blizzard said they will bring expansions faster

next expansion probably at the end of a year 2013 or early 2014
    Oh lord, we had this with Pandaria and all the people saying "it'll be out in April". Why do people suddenly think blizzard are going to finish their cycles way faster than before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    ICC in wrath lasted for 364 days or something. One day short of a year. And no, nobody counts Ruby Sanctum as anything other than a waste of time.
    icc lasted 12 to 13 months lol