Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

They felt the nearness of their freedom quickly approaching. How ironic that it would be one who had once been one of the hated Titans who would prove the instrument of their release! It had taken the combined might of many Titans to even force them into captivity; after their triumphant return, there would be little effort needed to eradicate this single, arrogant creature and turn his warriors to serving their cause.
    The portal strengthened. The time when to usurp it fast approached. Most amusing, the pathetic little beings who fought the fallen Titan's warriors thought that they could take back the disk. Even now, the imprisoned entities could sense the dragons—the Titans‟ hounds—approaching the Well.
    Wait...who is the instrument of their release? Where was this quote from? It must know!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Then the Old Gods are the end of a chip if Sargeras is a potato N'Zoth is defeated and chained, you're taking things the wrong way. If N'Zoth was left unleashed then there would be chaos everywhere.
    N'zoth wasn't defeated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Where is N'Zoth? He was mentioned at Blizzcon, then was talked about in Dragon Soul. What is going on with him?!
    N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... maybe someday we'll get our chance? Don't expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though! (Source)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    Wait...who is the instrument of their release? Where was this quote from? It must know!
    The Old Gods were going to use Sargeras' portal to free themselves of imprisonment. It's from War of the Ancients: Book 3: The Sundering.
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

N'zoth wasn't defeated.
    Where is N'Zoth? He was mentioned at Blizzcon, then was talked about in Dragon Soul. What is going on with him?!
    N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... maybe someday we'll get our chance? Don't expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though! (Source)
    That is what I meant when I said taking things the wrong way. I'm guessing Blizzard meant the Pantheon couldn't kill him and not they just left him, otherwise he would be running rampant and basically owning Azeroth. Since the lore says "the 3 remaining Old Gods were imprisoned" we can assume he is chained. 3 remaining Old Gods being because C'Thun was presumed dead and they destroyed Y'Shaarj, this means Yogg, the unknown other one, and N'Zoth were chained.

"N'Zoth was imprisoned by the Titans under what is now the Great Sea" is from WoWpedia http://wowpedia.org/N'Zoth

I'm pretty sure that's what Blizzard meant ^^
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-08-23 at 11:48 PM.

That is what I meant when I said taking things the wrong way. I'm guessing Blizzard meant the Pantheon couldn't kill him and not they just left him, otherwise he would be running rampant and basically owning Azeroth. Since the lore says "the 3 remaining Old Gods were imprisoned" we can assume he is chained. 3 remaining Old Gods being because C'Thun was presumed dead and they destroyed Y'Shaarj, this means Yogg, the unknown other one, and N'Zoth were chained.

"N'Zoth was imprisoned by the Titans under what is now the Great Sea" is from WoWpedia http://wowpedia.org/N'Zoth

Or he's too busy fucking up the Emerald Dream.

That section of WoWpedia is speculation.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Or he's too busy fucking up the Emerald Dream.

That section of WoWpedia is speculation.
    The speculation is to do with him being the cause of Azshara and being under the sea.

"N'Zoth's name is most likely derived from Zoth-Ommog (who may have actually been created by the author Lin Carter) of H.P. Lovecraft's shared Cthulhu Mythos. Just as Zoth-Ommog was imprisoned by the Elder Gods beneath the seabed; N'Zoth was imprisoned by the Titans under what is now the Great Sea. Zoth-Ommog is the third son of Cthulhu; and coincidentally N'Zoth is the third Old God to be added to the Warcraft universe."

This part is actually stated like it's a fact. It's the same in Lovecraft's story as well, which is what the Old Gods are heavily based on. If he was completely free then he would do a lot more than start the Emerald Dream, I'd say.

The speculation is to do with him being the cause of Azshara and being under the sea.

"N'Zoth's name is most likely derived from Zoth-Ommog (who may have actually been created by the author Lin Carter) of H.P. Lovecraft's shared Cthulhu Mythos. Just as Zoth-Ommog was imprisoned by the Elder Gods beneath the seabed; N'Zoth was imprisoned by the Titans under what is now the Great Sea. Zoth-Ommog is the third son of Cthulhu; and coincidentally N'Zoth is the third Old God to be added to the Warcraft universe."

This part is actually stated like it's a fact. It's the same in Lovecraft's story as well, which is what the Old Gods are heavily based on. If he was completely free then he would do a lot more than start the Emerald Dream, I'd say.
    Again, it's speculation. Just because N'zoth is based on another work, doesn't mean they are identical. He could be under the great sea and just merely be "lurking" but not imprisoned. As I just posted:

Imprisoning the Old Gods is how the Titans defeated them when they realized killing them was so bad. "Consider the titans' defeat of the Old Gods. The titans are not gods, but their vast power allowed them to imprison the Old Gods far below the surface of Azeroth."

N'zoth was never defeated, therefore not imprisoned.

shouldn't N'Zoth if we assume he is indeed not free and chained, not be freed by his underling Azshara? She is pretty powerful. Something doesn't make sense here.

The Old Gods would have killed/enslaved/something Sargeras, end of story.

Whether or not he could take on one at a time is another story, though I still feel an Old God could win, but to take them on all at once wouldn't be possible even for him.