Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Halo, Mass Dispel, Mind Sear

Have you notice that: Halo , Mass Dispel, and Mind Sear didn't expand following ground surface. If there is ups and downs , spell will not hit the target ( target is near you ).

Yes. Also applies for Divine Star, and it annoys the hell out of me >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame it on the 12 year old engine.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarres View Post
    Have you notice that: Halo , Mass Dispel, and Mind Sear didn't expand following ground surface. If there is ups and downs , spell will not hit the target ( target is near you ).
    In my experience, Halo behaves like a gigantic sphere, and hits things just fine on a slope.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nop. Halo is not like sphere, couse meaning of Halo is :

A luminous ring or disk of light surrounding the heads or bodies of sacred figures, such as saints, in religious paintings; a nimbus.

The aura of majesty or glory surrounding a person or thing that is regarded with reverence, awe, or sentiment.

So its a ring, in our case that ring expand.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    In my experience, Halo behaves like a gigantic sphere, and hits things just fine on a slope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarres View Post
    Nop. Halo is not like sphere, couse meaning of Halo is :

A luminous ring or disk of light surrounding the heads or bodies of sacred figures, such as saints, in religious paintings; a nimbus.

The aura of majesty or glory surrounding a person or thing that is regarded with reverence, awe, or sentiment.

So its a ring, in our case that ring expand.
    He said, "in [his] experience...", not the actual definition of a halo, lol. /facepalm

I will flay your mind.

Halo and Divine Star do hit for certain undetermined (by me) distances above/below the graphic; ie it's not exactly on one plane. Also probably depends a little on hitbox sizes.

Certainly not perfect, but as someone earlier mentioned...blame the 12 year old engine.

I've been tossed up in the air by whirl turtles, hit halo at the top, and seen it heal folks on the ground just fine. Of course this could be due to something specific to a raid encounter.

Deleted
    I've noticed both star and halo hitting targets that aren't on the same 'level' as myself. Although to say it's consistently working would be pushing it. 3rd boss in gate of setting sun comes to mind as one where sometimes it seems to work, and sometimes not.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can test this in Two Moons if you're Horde. Above and near the target dummies, there is a a giant burning deal-thingy, land on it. Cast Halo, and you'll hit people below you and and the target dummies. My HaloPro tells me that the nearest dummy is hardly 25 yards away.