10+ Year Old Account

A good starter class for pvp?

I have done some mild pvp on my ret, but im thinking about seriously getting in the game, even if that means leveling a new class. What is a good class thats decent but also easy to learn so i can start my pvp journey?

Deleted
    Ret. Just pick up a hunter and a disc in the tradechat (there are gazillions) and roll. Since you allready know how to play one its a major plus, IMO learning every tips and tricks for pvp for a new char takes some time.

Deleted
    I still find it Amazing that people Really think by rerolling a Class that the community thinks is OP will make them better at PvP/Arenas

If u try hard enough u can really high rated with any class, just play the class that ure enjoying the most and unless ure Reckful or Vanguards dont play FOTM

Because this game aint about Gear or Imbalanceness its simply about Skill and skill means not only bursing down a Target as fast as possible because every moron knows how to trap and pop Stampede.

You need to alot of Game Awareness and Good desicion making and good communication with ure Arena Partners and also Cooldown Timings those are the things u need to learn to get above 2.200.

Wat is also important is good Macros/Focusmacros and Keybindings so u can play ure character at max Potential.

I hope i could help u and please link ure armory.

Deleted
    At this point I'd say go mage. Rather consistently good, lots of choices when it comes to bracket, partners. Good for solo and group play, not too shabby for duels. 3 ranged dps specs, so one is bound to be playable at any time. Imo one of the more skill-sensitive classes with enough retardproof-ness not to make the learning frustrating. Solid choice if you can enjoy the playstyle / theme of the class which sadly I can't.
    Choose engineering + tailoring for added lulz

My recommendation would be frost mage or feral. But that recommendation stands with current patch notes, it is not valid thinking of the next patch in 10th of september.

i love my BM hunter - but i play the game to have fun - i picked Horde, bucause my friends were Horde - i chose Troll, because i like the way they look (especially when sitting) i took BM because i wanted a spider.. Hunters are Op, then nerfed, then weak, then op.. play the class you want, based on fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I have done some mild pvp on my ret, but im thinking about seriously getting in the game, even if that means leveling a new class. What is a good class thats decent but also easy to learn so i can start my pvp journey?
    Hunter, Mage, Lock, Priest.. in that order probably.

Deleted
    The class you could play the most and not get bored of it, because if you're starting and wanting to get good - You're gonna have to lose a lot. It's just how gaming works. You learn from a loss, you let your guard down when you win.

Hunters are extremely easy to play and have a very, very low skill cap. This is your best bet for a starter class.

Mages (frost) are easy to pick up and learn, but tough to play at higher ratings (most of the QQ about mages is from people who sit in the 1200s and whine instead of getting better). At higher ratings, people know how to dispel. A solid choice for random BGs and dueling.

Death Knights (frost) have a very low skill cap and very few abilities (when compared to other classes). Easy to pick up and play, and great for random BGs but the rune management takes some practice. Unholy will take some practice.

Warlocks (destruction) have a very low skill cap and are easy to play. Very few buttons and do a lot of damage with little effort. Affliction will take some practice.

Warriors and rogues are moderately easy to play as well, but take practice.

I could go on forever.

If you want to learn pvp on a forgivable class, just roll hunter.