Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    As long as people hold Clinton accountable for repealing Glass-Steagall.
    Which was castrated since the Reagan (Or Carter?) years.

Although technically Congress would have just overrode his veto anyway.

You know better than that.

Nothing is Clintons fault, nothing is obamas fault, everything is bush's fault.

Remember, the majority of posters on this forum are raving left advocates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    See my previous comment. I'm left of center on social issues, and I favor freedom over government regulation. However, I am not a freaky-deaky far-left radical kook. If you think my left of center opinions are the "authoritarian" views of a far-right radical then it is because you yourself are so racially far-left that the Center (for you) has becomes "far right". That's not my fault. That's you entering the realm of radicalism.
    You don't get to support rick perrys social policies and still claim to be left wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You know better than that.

Nothing is Clintons fault, nothing is obamas fault, everything is bush's fault.

Remember, the majority of posters on this forum are raving left advocates.
    Brush strokes all around! YEAH THAT WILL SHOW THE WORLD HOW WE ARE!

This isn't even about the article anymore. It's more about criticizing Obama which is unrelated to the thread. Such criticizing strength, if only we were like that within our own communities >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

In part yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in general people give too much credit and assign too much blame to all Presidents. If its something that can't be done with an Executive Order, then at best the President can just ASK Congress to act. The President is more National Cheerleader than anything most of the time.

Plenty of people do.

Why is it so hard for people in this country to accept that Bush Jr. and Obama have both been very poor Presidents?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Brush strokes all around! YEAH THAT WILL SHOW THE WORLD HOW WE ARE!
    If the shoe fits....

I don't think its a secret that the majority of posters on this forum are die-hard Obama supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I think in general people give too much credit and assign too much blame to all Presidents. If its something that can't be done with an Executive Order, then at best the President can just ASK Congress to act. The President is more National Cheerleader than anything most of the time.
    Good luck getting that into the heads of the American population....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Which was castrated since the Reagan (Or Carter?) years.

Although technically Congress would have just overrode his veto anyway.
    He signed it, he owns it. He could have veto'd it and let them override him. He didn't.

If the shoe fits....

I don't think its a secret that the majority of posters on this forum are die-hard Obama supporters.
    You hear only what you want to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Plenty of people do.

Why is it so hard for people in this country to accept that Bush Jr. and Obama have both been very poor Presidents?
    Party polarization.

He signed it, he owns it. He could have veto'd it and let them override him. He didn't.
    Yeah, the most I can blame him for is trying to score political points with a party that was looking for any excuse to bite him in the ass.

Of course, like I said, Glass-Steagal was bastardized by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Plenty of people do.

I can agree with this.

Both sides of the political aisle are hypocritical. The right blames the left for stupid shit, and the left blames the right for stupid shit.

The same people that are up in arms about anyone blaming Obama for anything are the same folks who were blaming bush for every unfortunate event to ever happen in their life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on guys, think about this: Where was Obama during hurricane Katrina? I mean, did he do anything? If he were a responsible leader, he would have used his power as the state senate representative of the 13th district of Illinois to provide federal relief for the hurricane victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the shoe fits....

I don't think it's a secret military folks are a bunch of hardasses trying to act tough think they know everything. See I can play that game to, let's not do any brush strokes of any group of people. Be you American, Blue Goat, Orange Cow or whatever.

Come on guys, think about this: Where was Obama during hurricane Katrina? I mean, did he do anything? If he were a responsible leader, he would have used his power as the state senate representative of the 13th district of Illinois to provide federal relief for the hurricane victims.
    How? Send them cookies? What could he possibly do as a State Senator. I mean Obama is good at speeches but he's not all powerful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    He should have used his community organizing powers to organize those wards into holding up the levies with their bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You hear only what you want to hear
    And you don't wells?

You are probably the biggest leftist apologist on this forum.

And you don't wells?

You are probably the biggest leftist apologist on this forum.
    You must have missed what I just said about Clinton.

Like I said. Only what you want to hear.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    some ppl would argue that Bush shouldnt have won the first election, since he technically had fewer votes than gore. its funny how a country that prides itself in representing the best a democracy has to offer, doesnt technically have a true democracy.

also the Bush administration used some very clever fear tactics in his 2nd election, basically making ppl believe that if you didnt vote for him, you arent a patriot(and all the persecution that followed not being a patriot or when you just went up against the president you werent a patriot, which is ironic coz the country was litterally built on civil disobidience) and terrorists would overwhelm the country.
    First things first, what the majority of people don't know anymore for what ever reason is the USA is not a democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic, which many people and politicians pay no attention to anymore. It was specifically designed this way so the pure majority could not always control the minority in any situation or "Mob Rule". Our school system has failed to instill this into our children as they go through school. This failure is turning our country into a "Mob Rule" society because all they ever hear is "democracy".